Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What's Wrong with the Redskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: What's Wrong with the Redskins?

First year coach, first year offense. I think we tend to forget that. This is going to be a very good team... but not this year. The execution is not what it will be. Simple mistakes cost us THIS game. Thrash and Kelly both dropped passes on third down. Jasons INT intended to ARE could have been a TD but was underthrown. Simple FG.....missed. Hall has an INT coming right at him and Springs jumps in front of him and drops it. This offense is making mistakes that it won't make next year. We are not scoring points like we should be. I'm not making excuses, it's just a fact that this team is not as good in this offense this year as it will be next year.

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
The Giants lost to the Browns and squeaked by the Bengals in overtime. Your point is pointless.
The Browns are an ok team. They aren't 0-12.

Comparing the Giants losing to the Browns to us losing to the Rams is pretty laughable. The Giants are proven winners, if they drop a game or two, they're still good.

The problem is the Redskins aren't even though have the potential to be.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
Smooter
Impact Rookie

I think we're just not as good of a team as we all thought. We need improvement in some areas for sure (OL, DL) but I still think we have the talent. We just can't execute.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #19
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertHog View Post
This might sound crazy but i think its Campbell. He can't convert on third down and can't score a touch downs.
It doesn't sound crazy, it just sounds like you don't know anything about football. If you knew anything about football then yes, it would sound crazy.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Thank you! Please stop the madness of woe is us, why can't we always win, wah, wah, wah..

We played the best team in football today, we played the team that all of the 'experts' said was the best team in football 2 weeks ago, we played one of the best teams in the AFC right before that. If we lose next week then we would have lost to 4 of the top 6 teams in the NFL. There's no shame in that!! Of course we would have liked to have won all of those games but just because we didn't doesn't mean we suck and the season is over.

We're still in very good shape to make the playoffs which most people thought unimaginable before the season started.
I feel like I'm in the presser when Jim Mora went ballistic over the playoffs question. Please, please don't talk about the playoffs like they mean something to this offense. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase. We lost today in the same fashion we've lost playoff games - utterly, totally uninspired offense w/ abysmal execution and wide-outs who look like transfers from NAIA football. The thought of watching this offense play another game like today's i.e. a playoff game makes me want to kick a puppy and start drinking heavy again.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
First year coach, first year offense. I think we tend to forget that. This is going to be a very good team... but not this year. The execution is not what it will be. Simple mistakes cost us THIS game. Thrash and Kelly both dropped passes on third down. Jasons INT intended to ARE could have been a TD but was underthrown. Simple FG.....missed. Hall has an INT coming right at him and Springs jumps in front of him and drops it. This offense is making mistakes that it won't make next year. We are not scoring points like we should be. I'm not making excuses, it's just a fact that this team is not as good in this offense this year as it will be next year.
Goddamnit 53 i love your optimism (all seriousness here)! R u a motivational speaker?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
DesertHog
Camp Scrub

Yes your right about Thrash, and Kelly dropping balls but i not sold on Campbell leading this team.
DesertHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #23
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

The same thing that has plagued this team for 5 years. Offensive Line, defensive line and a lack of a second receiver.

It really does start up front though. Good teams, really good teams, take advantage of the Lines. Giants have an excellent dline and oline. Patriots for years had an excellent dline and oline. We lack both. We can sustain pressure at all from the front four. Our offensive line failed to open holes or protect JC. Nothing new for Redskins fans.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #24
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
I think there's no where but up to go from here. We don't downright stink, but next year will be better. Assuming Dan Synder doesn't get disgruntled and decide to blow up the team over the offseason.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
The Browns are an ok team. They aren't 0-12.

Comparing the Giants losing to the Browns to us losing to the Rams is pretty laughable. The Giants are proven winners, if they drop a game or two, they're still good.

The problem is the Redskins aren't even though have the potential to be.
You are contradicting yourself. You said good teams don't lose to bad teams. Cleveland is a bad team, no debating that.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #26
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Good Point.
Next year I can see this offense putting up alot of points. JC will be more comfortable in the system. The rookies will contribute alot more. Teams will not be able to contain Moss and Portis and shut down the whole offense next season.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
A10sROCK
Impact Rookie

The best teams have used their high draft picks for the OL and DL. We haven't done so in many years........Any question on why our trench play is average at best?
A10sROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #28
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
You are contradicting yourself. You said good teams don't lose to bad teams. Cleveland is a bad team, no debating that.
Everyone has bad games. Don't take things so literally. Even the Pats choked in the end, last year. Nobody expects perfection and you're dodging the point.

The point is that even though the Giants lost to the Browns, nobody is saying that they're an average team due to the fact they are winners. How often do the Giants choke or even struggle against a team with a losing record? Exactly.

How often do we? Yeah.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #29
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsgirl View Post
Good Point.
Next year I can see this offense putting up alot of points. JC will be more comfortable in the system. The rookies will contribute alot more. Teams will not be able to contain Moss and Portis and shut down the whole offense next season.
Wait a second. Alot will depend on what the Redskins do. If they do not address pass protection issues, if they do not address right tackle, and by that I do not mean Stephon Heyer, this offense is not going to move the bal. I am compltely convinced the pains an dills of this offensive lines at the offensive line.

The redskins also need to find a real, legit second receiver, because we simply don't have one.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #30
rstone1979
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
Nobody mentioned that we played some really good teams, and today we played the now 11-1 defending Super Bowl champions who are arguably the best team in football, and certainly the best in the NFC.

Fair enough we played the best team in football, but we are going to have to step up one day and actually beat these teams if we expect to get anywhere. Even if we do well down the stretch and by some miracle make the playoffs we will still have to face these so called "best teams in football". i am just tired of being let down by this team on a consistent basis. You get way up and hopeful in the beginning of the season and then finish it out like this. It is extremely disappointing
rstone1979 is offline   Reply With Quote