Suisham?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #16
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Suisham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Seems like he's good for at least one odd kind of miss every week, but overall he's solid. We could do a lot worse.
I'd like to believe that we could do a lot better too. I wouldn't draft a kicker, because that is very hit or miss, but bring somebody to camp to push Suisham. Competition is good.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #17
Spence
Special Teams

I'm not happy with Suisham. The official story seems to be that he had trouble kicking in the direction of one part of the stadium where the wind is tricky. Don't think I buy that one. I don't see how his leg could be tired already. You can't count on him to hit anything behind 40 yards now and his kickoffs were dreadful yesterday. Maybe he's injured and hasn't told anyone because he doesn't want to miss any time. In any case, this is a position in need of an upgrade during the offseason. Hopefully, he won't cost us a game before then.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #18
blufan67
Camp Scrub

One of the other sites, some one stated that the ball was tipped. Unjure if its true but could be a good explanation. I for one hope that this is the only reason for the one this week.
blufan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #19
firstdown
Living Legend

The one kick off he got deep the Sea's had their best return. It almost seems we get better coverage on his shorter kicks.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Yep.. well its still troublesome but Matty is right he has been solid i wont argure that and i think we have more to worry about than Suisham but I just was picking up on the fact that the first few games of the season i was shocked on how far he was kicking it on kick offs and now its back to the same ol short kick to the 10 or 15. But lets hope he gets it straightened out. And for an NFL kicker being short from the low 40's is unexceptable. Your getting paid to kick and do nothing else. You go to practice all week and you don't hit or memorize plays except maybe a trick play.. you do what.. you kick haha. Enough said he needs to be better no more cross bar hits.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #21
757SkinsGirl
Camp Scrub

My man and his boys had this same conversation during the game. They think we need a new kicker. Billy (my man) was the all star kicker in high school. Based on his knowledge, his opinions, and my own two eyes...I have to agree.
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Here is my problem with Shuisham, seems the deeper we get int he season, the weaker he becomes. His kick offs are getting rather weak and unimpressive. Wasn't one kicked to the 20 yesterday???

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #23
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
I understand completely there are bigger problems than our kicking game and a good win in Seattle even though both the O-line and D-line really have to step up in the next few weeks. However, what is going on with Suisham he was short on a 43 yarder today? He also was short on a field goal against Dallas. At the beginning of the season he was booting nice kickoffs and now I'm seeing shorter and shorter kickoffs by him. I'm sure you guys have all noticed naturally but wow short on a 43 yarder as a professional kicker? Not to promising..
I agree completely. A pro kicker should NEVER be short on a 43 yard kick! I don't care if it's 50 below zero outside. I am not calling for his job but he needs to do better. He's very inconsistent...you never know what's going to come off that foot.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757SkinsGirl View Post
My man and his boys had this same conversation during the game. They think we need a new kicker. Billy (my man) was the all star kicker in high school. Based on his knowledge, his opinions, and my own two eyes...I have to agree.
Your man had a coversation with his boys?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #25
LOGAN
Camp Scrub

Yeah I don't think he's the answer.

We need to have competition, but there's no other alternative out there right now. Too bad, because there were some guys available this past free agency.

Hail to the Redskins
LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This year is worse then past. I think it's the holder. Someone also wrote on another board that the ball came out wrong and hit the dirt on one of the field goals. Now I hear possibly tipped. who knows. I'm just tired of a break down by a different player every possession. If not every play...ie, the Pitt game.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #27
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Your man had a coversation with his boys?
His homies!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #28
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
His homies!
They are called homies now days.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #29
757SkinsGirl
Camp Scrub

Um. Homies? No. Ok. How's this. His Sunday Game Day Bar Buddies... ?? *embarrassed sad face*
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #30
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This year is worse then past. I think it's the holder. Someone also wrote on another board that the ball came out wrong and hit the dirt on one of the field goals. Now I hear possibly tipped. who knows. I'm just tired of a break down by a different player every possession. If not every play...ie, the Pitt game.
Yeah but, what about the short kickoffs lately. I think the short kickoffs are attributing to the poor kick off coverage. The last few games Shuisham has struggled getting the ball passed the 10 yard line.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote