Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

ESPN: Sean Taylor One Year Later

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: ESPN: Sean Taylor One Year Later

Granted, the format was abysmal but I don't think people really read what primetime21 was trying to say.

Last edited by SmootSmack; 11-25-2008 at 11:04 PM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #17
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
No doubt. That is going to be SO awesome. There won't be a dry eye in the place. Even though it's been almost a year since we lost him, this will be a nice measure of closure. Yes his locker is still in place, but as a member of the Redskins Ring of Honor, he will be a permanent and legendary figure in team history, with his name forever next to our franchise's greatest. I'm getting a little choked up at my desk right now just thinking about it. Miss you #21.
I've seen alot of football in my life and Sean Taylor was the best I've ever seen. I still miss him today. The way he played football is the way a lot of people dream of playing. For him it was reality. He made it look so easy. He was in a league of his own where everyone looked like mortals except for Sean. May he rest in peace. His impact on the field and on the people who either knew him, or just got to watch him play, was huge.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba305-ST21- View Post
yeah it will be a good day our boys will definitly be playing with a little more emotion than usual
I ventured over to a giants site and (trying to think of the most accurate terms to use) they think we are classless for using ST's memory and this ring of honor just for motivational purposes against them.

i guess giants fans think the world revolves around them and any intention to do something must really be all about the giants and not about us honoring a fallen player less than a year ago . . . they need to get over themselves. its about ST not the freakin giants.

side note: there was another thread where the OP referenced the part of strahan's book talking about ST. OP's last comment was something like "yeah pay tribute to a thug." thankfully another giants fan quickly laid out facts and set him straight.

im not one to post what other people are saying but im just surprised giants fans think it classless that we are honoring ST the day we play them.

go skins!! stomp them egotistical g-strings!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I ventured over to a giants site and (trying to think of the most accurate terms to use) they think we are classless for using ST's memory and this ring of honor just for motivational purposes against them.

i guess giants fans think the world revolves around them and any intention to do something must really be all about the giants and not about us honoring a fallen player less than a year ago . . . they need to get over themselves. its about ST not the freakin giants.

side note: there was another thread where the OP referenced the part of strahan's book talking about ST. OP's last comment was something like "yeah pay tribute to a thug." thankfully another giants fan quickly laid out facts and set him straight.

im not one to post what other people are saying but im just surprised giants fans think it classless that we are honoring ST the day we play them.

go skins!! stomp them egotistical g-strings!!

Egotistical and hypocritical. I guess they've already forgotten about Wellington Mara and a game against us.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #20
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Egotistical and hypocritical. I guess they've already forgotten about Wellington Mara and a game against us.
Apparently they have...... but then again, there are SOME idiots in every fanbase.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #21
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

I know I'll sound like a dick but ....they didn't waite a year to honor one of their fallen. As much as I liked him and miss him....I'm ready to move on. I totally agree he should be honored, but it should have been last year and it should have been more then simply playing with 10 men on one play. This should have happened last year.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
cdskins26
Special Teams

the sad thing is that a lot of incedents happen when precautions are taken. when you are robbed in a gated community, it seems hard to believe that it's your fault.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote