All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #271
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
and some propagandists argue the US sponsored ISiS in Syria and now has lost control.

It wouldn't be the first time. We trained Al Qaeda from it's inception and lost control of that organization.

Come to think of it, maybe we haven't lost control, but they are doing exactly what our CIA wants them to do. Goes back to what I said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if those nuts are funded and organized by people within our own government. It keeps perpetual war going so we can continue feeding billions of dollars to the war machine. Let's thank Bush for this complete disaster in Iraq. Hope that douche bag is happy.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #272
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The biggest problem I have is why arent other countries seeing this huge problem, amassing an army and doing something about these cray cray isis cats. Do they support it?
IS is following the fundamental tenants of Islam and passages directly from the Qur'an. If the government of any of the predominately Muslim countries stands officially against IS, they put themselves in the position of 40-50% of their population turning against them and becoming the next target for the fundamental Islamists.

This won't happen with the weakest foreign policy President in the 20th-21st centuries, however what needs to be done is for the POTUS to go to Congress and obtain a declaration of war on any groups which openly have declared war/jihad on the U.S. or are involved in genocide. Once obtained, use Spec Ops and drone strikes to wipe these animals out whenever they raise their f-ing murderous heads.

If different factions of Islam want to fight amongst themselves, fine. But when groups like IS are flat our murdering/beheading innocents time to step in with extreme deadly force to deter the pieces of $hit from doing this stuff. No massive 100K of troops sitting in the sand as targets, change the rules of engagement and let the military serve its purpose....to kill bad guys and destroy stuff.

These animals see the reluctance of the U.S. to act and we're the only force that can stop this evil. Time to wake up....or it's just a matter of time before this cancer spreads throughout Europe, through SE Asia and within the next century possibly to North and South America.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #273
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
IS is following the fundamental tenants of Islam and passages directly from the Qur'an. If the government of any of the predominately Muslim countries stands officially against IS, they put themselves in the position of 40-50% of their population turning against them and becoming the next target for the fundamental Islamists.
This won't happen with the weakest foreign policy President in the 20th-21st centuries, however what needs to be done is for the POTUS to go to Congress and obtain a declaration of war on any groups which openly have declared war/jihad on the U.S. or are involved in genocide. Once obtained, use Spec Ops and drone strikes to wipe these animals out whenever they raise their f-ing murderous heads.

If different factions of Islam want to fight amongst themselves, fine. But when groups like IS are flat our murdering/beheading innocents time to step in with extreme deadly force to deter the pieces of $hit from doing this stuff. No massive 100K of troops sitting in the sand as targets, change the rules of engagement and let the military serve its purpose....to kill bad guys and destroy stuff.

These animals see the reluctance of the U.S. to act and we're the only force that can stop this evil. Time to wake up....or it's just a matter of time before this cancer spreads throughout Europe, through SE Asia and within the next century possibly to North and South America.
That is not an excuse, so you saying 40-50% support what isis is doing if they arent against it.

We need to start bottomlining some things to Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iraq.

This is flat out genocide...so Muslim support genocide?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #274
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

honestly the video yesterday of the journalist beheading made me recall that anger i havent felt since 9/11. I havent felt that in a long time. Alot of anger towards the middle east, isis, and quite frankly the way we've handled this threat since it began 3-4 months ago. I really hate these terriosts. I kinda feel like burning isis flags in the streets

He Gets Us
Old 08-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #275
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That is not an excuse, so you saying 40-50% support what isis is doing if they arent against it.
Agree 100% this is no excuse for Mid East regional gov'ts to stand by and do nothing. Unfortunately the leaders/rulers of these countries are fat and happy with the status quo and don't want IS types coming to behead them. They certainly aren't going to risk their lives/money over a bunch of Christians...and quite frankly there are many that flat out support IS philosophically and financially.

Based on pols conducted of people in the Mid East about 40-50% have to support IS's actions. They're following the Qur'an and implementing real Sharia law. Based on Pew Research polls in the Mid East in 2013 the following percentages favored Sharia as the "law of the land".
Pakistan - 84%
Afghanistan - 99%
Iraq - 91%
Egypt - 74%
Jordan - 71%

Keep in mind IS's actions toward non-Muslims of convert, leave, accept dhimmitude, or die, is part of Sharia law.

Quote:
We need to start bottomlining some things to Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iraq.
Again agree 100%, no $$$, military support, etc. unless Human Rights start to get cleaned up. Unfortunately for us, we're nowhere near on our way to energy independence (thanks to Obama and the left) and the Saudis would respond by either cuting-off or jacking up prices on our oil supply. The U.S. public has no stomach for that, hence politicians won't take that risk.

Quote:
This is flat out genocide...so Muslim support genocide?
Anti-Christian genocide by Muslim's is not new, this has been going on since the beginnings of Islam.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101

Problem is anyone who brings this stuff up (any time outside of beheading videos being posted or 9/11) is labeled an Islamophobe and a hate filled, far right-wing war monger.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #276
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I hope to goodness that the US wipes the floor with ISIS. As this point, I'm willing to go balls deep into Iraq (again) to clean house of these morons. While we are at it, I say we go ahead and end the source of their funding. /looks at Saudi Arabia
you personally or do you mean sending other people's kids?

and it's not just saudi arabia, there's a lot of money flowing from all over the region through a million different means to islamic fighters. and a lot of US money also ends up getting routed to people actively looking to fight us too.

perpetual war and an endless money pit... success?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #277
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
you personally or do you mean sending other people's kids?
The adults that VOLUNTEERED for military service. The military isn't a social program, it's a fighting force.

So your stance is to stand back and watch tens of thousands get slaughtered/beheaded/crucified when we have the capability to stop it? If that's your stance it's disgusting.

How would you feel if IS was running rampant through NoVA and the only people that could stop them decided it "wasn't worth it" to end mass genocide.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #278
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If im that British terrorist im shitting my pants, because we are coming for him. And because he was british, that motivates our friends across the pond. I think they gonna want some too; I say lets get to it

He Gets Us
Old 08-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #279
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Anti-Christian genocide by Muslim's is not new, this has been going on since the beginnings of Islam.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101

Problem is anyone who brings this stuff up (any time outside of beheading videos being posted or 9/11) is labeled an Islamophobe and a hate filled, far right-wing war monger.
For the record, anti-palestinian genocide has been going on since old testament times, and Israel continues it today with US help. There is no correct side in that land, and if there is one side that is abiding by the God described in the old testament, of which Christianity came from, it is those tearing down idols and destroying those who blaspheme the name of their God. Most Christians in the US don't want to acknowledge that the God of the Bible (old Testament mainly) not only abided by genecide, but commanded it. When Israelites marched and the walls of Jericho fell, their God didn't command that only the really bad guys be put in prison His command was:
Quote:
And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, both young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
or the narrative in modern English description:
Quote:
The city was completely destroyed, and every man, woman, child and animal in it was killed by Joshua's army by God's command. Only Rahab and her family were spared, because she had hidden the two spies sent by Joshua. After this, Joshua burned the remains of the city and cursed any man who would rebuild the city of Jericho would do so at the cost of his firstborn son.
Look at the map of the bombing of Gaza. The gaza strip is 7miles x 32 miles. For comparison the strip of land from Baltimore to DC, between 295 and Route 29 is approximately the same, and there are 1.8 million people living there and a lot of homes have been turned to rubble from Israel's bombings against innocents, yet the US is up in arms because one video of a man was beheaded?

There's no simple solution. This hatred and genocide has gone on for millenia and we, for better or worse have made our bed with Israel. I get that. And it is where this world is. But let's not pretend that only one side here is capable of genocide.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #280
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

These are some brave journalists. That much is for certain. Hell of a documentary on ISIS and well worth the time. This isn't some small organization now.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #281
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

ISIS Spokesperson Reportedly Killed By Syrian Army

Looks like one asshole isn't going to be making his trip to DC to hang the Islamic State flag at the White House.

Toodles bitch. I'm glad your dead.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #282
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

U.S. military announces 14 airstrikes in Iraq following James Foley execution - The Washington Post

I guess the US is going to put these assholes in check.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #283
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For the record, anti-palestinian genocide has been going on since old testament times, and Israel continues it today with US help......
I hate the moral equalization of Christians/Jews to Muslims as it relates to the violence of the 20th & 21st centuries....based on Bible quotes from the Old Testament. That was THOUSANDS of years ago and the Israelites were struggling for survival in a very violent world....in which BTW they were subjugated for a significant amount of time by Egypt, Babylon, Rome, etc.

Please cite examples of Christian or Jewish organizations (not an individual whacko) that have carried out murder/execution/rape/beheadings/etc. on a systematic basis against Muslims within the last 50 years.

Quote:
There is no correct side in that land
Yes there is, the side that is simply fighting for their existence, not the side that kidnaps and murders schoolboys and indiscriminately launches rockets into civilian cities. Israel uses very targeted airstrikes to avoid civilian casualties, they call cell phones and alert people to leave, they then fire a dummy "soft" bomb that lets the people in the target know a strike is imminent, and then they finally strike. It is Hamas (aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood) who puts weapons/facilities amongst Palestinian civilians. THERE IS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM MORAL EQUIVALENCE BETWEEN ISRAEL AND HAMAS.

What if you and your family had to hit the bomb shelter multiple times per day....despite doing nothing but trying to LIVE and knowing your country had given in to almost every demand from the folks lobbing rockets at you? Would the folks showering rockets down on you and your family have moral equivalence to you?

Quote:
yet the US is up in arms because one video of a man was beheaded?
Some of us were up in arms long before this happened because we're aware of the threat violent fundamentalist Muslims pose to all of us in the U.S. Christian, Jew, Agnostic, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, everyone. How do you think these animals treat women? A quick Google search on FGM is a start.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #284
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I hate the moral equalization of Christians/Jews to Muslims as it relates to the violence of the 20th & 21st centuries....based on Bible quotes from the Old Testament. That was THOUSANDS of years ago and the Israelites were struggling for survival in a very violent world....in which BTW they were subjugated for a significant amount of time by Egypt, Babylon, Rome, etc.

Please cite examples of Christian or Jewish organizations (not an individual whacko) that have carried out murder/execution/rape/beheadings/etc. on a systematic basis against Muslims within the last 50 years.

Yes there is, the side that is simply fighting for their existence, not the side that kidnaps and murders schoolboys and indiscriminately launches rockets into civilian cities. Israel uses very targeted airstrikes to avoid civilian casualties, they call cell phones and alert people to leave, they then fire a dummy "soft" bomb that lets the people in the target know a strike is imminent, and then they finally strike. It is Hamas (aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood) who puts weapons/facilities amongst Palestinian civilians. THERE IS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM MORAL EQUIVALENCE BETWEEN ISRAEL AND HAMAS.

What if you and your family had to hit the bomb shelter multiple times per day....despite doing nothing but trying to LIVE and knowing your country had given in to almost every demand from the folks lobbing rockets at you? Would the folks showering rockets down on you and your family have moral equivalence to you?

Some of us were up in arms long before this happened because we're aware of the threat violent fundamentalist Muslims pose to all of us in the U.S. Christian, Jew, Agnostic, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, everyone. How do you think these animals treat women? A quick Google search on FGM is a start.
hundreds of Palestinians have been killed by indiscriminate airstrikes of the IDF. Thousands more wounded. Many innocent children and women killed while in refuge. How many Israeli's have lost there lives in the ongoing rocket attacks? How many innocents? I'll let you look it up and see if you are willing to post the comparison numbers, and still say there is no moral equivalence. I will go further, what Israel has done to the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip is as bad as what the Nazi's did to the Jews. Mass exterminations are mass exterminations. Just because a bomb falls from a fighter jet doesn't make the death the child suffers any less brutal than the beheading of the reporter.

I said it earlier, the Gaza strip can be compared to the land bordered by DC, Baltimore, Route 29 to the north, Route 295 to the south. (139 sq. miles for the record) Baltimore has a population of 600K approx. same with DC, the Gaza Strip has a population of 1.8 Million. Imagine dropping bombs from the air everyday over that stretch of land, with the population of DC, Baltimore, and a clone of Baltimore. Further, imagine setting up blockades, and closing all borders and making those 1.8 million people live only off of the land between DC and Baltimore, or else allowing things only at your whim. Imagine if the inhabitants of Philadelphia set up air defenses, had huge military outposts to prevent you from leaving that small area that is your home. Imagine that the leaders of Philly could strike you with impunity because they had NY keeping the rest of the world away. You might feel the need to launch rockets, even if futile. You might dig tunnels or do whatever you can to get rid of those Philly SOB's.

Just because it's not one man taking another man's life makes it no less brutal. Just because you don't see the bombs tearing at a child's chest or a father or mother's arms makes it no less real to those who are living under the fear.

I hate how people defend Israel and disregard their fundamental beliefs (and the actions of slaughter of the palestinians that flows from it) while yet call the islamists who are slaughtering far fewer people by tally for the same basic beliefs held by Israeli's.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #285
tshile
Special Teams

My problem is the way Israel behaves when they're not fighting.

People seem to ignore (or at least I don't hear them ever mention it) what it is that makes Hamas behave the way it does. Israel has pushed them into a corner and has complete control over what enters and exist their land and has done a lot to create this situation.

Which is not to excuse what Hamas does, it just seems like the two sides spend an awful lot of time condemning each other and completely ignoring their own role in things. The problems do not solely exist when they're shooting each other or launching rockets - the problems exist every day of every year for quite a long time.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote