Advertisements
Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #272
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , man I am in your head .
What? As MD pointed out (the post I responded to), your idiocy is visible to everybody.

You REALLY don't read posts before responding. LOL.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #273
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , man I am in your head .
Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #274
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
3 Reasons Intelligent, Rational Americans Don’t Trust Police

Many Americans have people employed as cops in their families, and use that fact to rationalize “the good” of the entire profession. Some are simply too afraid to say anything about obvious violent, thuggish behavior of cops, while others desperately want to hold onto what little Pollyanna Americana is left in their hearts. The facts speak for themselves as far as why Americans need to be proactive in protecting themselves against the largest and most heavily armed gang in the USA. Here are three of those facts.
I am the opposite of that my Dad was a cop and a serial wife and child beater (me) hope he is rotting in hell now if there is one. He learned from his peers how to inflict pain with out leaving lasting marks. My uncle was a cop, he got fired for stealing drugs from evidence lockers. Also had relatives of friends who were cops who in their off time would go to bars and pick fights then they would all jump in and beat the hell out of a guy 3 on 1 and show their badges and get away with it. Sure they aren't all bad but there are lots of bad ones.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #275
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I am the opposite of that my Dad was a cop and a serial wife and child beater (me) hope he is rotting in hell now if there is one. He learned from his peers how to inflict pain with out leaving lasting marks. My uncle was a cop, he got fired for stealing drugs from evidence lockers. Also had relatives of friends who were cops who in their off time would go to bars and pick fights then they would all jump in and beat the hell out of a guy 3 on 1 and show their badges and get away with it. Sure they aren't all bad but there are lots of bad ones.
wow dude sorry to hear that.

This is extremely disturbing: Small Town Cops Impounded Cars from the Poor, Sold Them, Prosecutors Say - NBC News

I gotta agree with you Buffalo. I think usually the "goal" stat you want to see is 5% or less of "bad" or defective police. I think its closer to the high teens across the country.

He Gets Us
Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #276
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
What? As MD pointed out (the post I responded to), your idiocy is visible to everybody.

I found it hilarious. Who knew G1 was a big Glenn Beck fan?

Good job, Giantone...

Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #277
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Glenn Beck is such a idiot. Then again, that's who he's catering to.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 02-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #278
Monkeydad
Living Legend

If you'd actually listen to him, he's actually one of the most well-educated historians you'll come across. He does his homework whether you like the way he presents it or not.

But, if you prefer the alternative...

Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #279
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If you'd actually listen to him, he's actually one of the most well-educated historians you'll come across. He does his homework whether you like the way he presents it or not.

But, if you prefer the alternative...

Are you effing kidding me? Its revisionist history, come'on man. You actually buy what he is saying?

He Gets Us
Old 02-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #280
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post

Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #281
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I honestly don't see how anyone who has at least known a handful of cops on a personal level, could think they are mostly good moral people. First unlike most people blood is not thicker than water with me, so whether the cop was a relative or a friend of a friend I judged them like anyone else. The most honest cop I knew was a friend of a friend. When asked "Dave, why did you become a deputy sheriff?" (He worked intake for holding cells at the courthouse). His answer was, "Where else could I make $90,000 a year to sit on my butt all day long without any skills or education?" The worst guys were the ones who wanted to be cops and could not make it, of those there were two types. Either they were attracted to good pay for no skills or education, or people who had been bullied, or like to bully and wanted power. Not saying real good cops don't exist, but they are the exception to the rule.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #282
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
I am the opposite of that my Dad was a cop and a serial wife and child beater (me) hope he is rotting in hell now if there is one.
<SNIP>

That's horrible, no one should live like that. If there's a positive from your situation, it seems to have given you a clarity that some others don't have.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #283
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Old 03-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #284
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Glenn Beck is such a idiot. Then again, that's who he's catering to.
I can't take anyone serious who follows that bird brain.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #285
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I honestly don't see how anyone who has at least known a handful of cops on a personal level, could think they are mostly good moral people. First unlike most people blood is not thicker than water with me, so whether the cop was a relative or a friend of a friend I judged them like anyone else. The most honest cop I knew was a friend of a friend. When asked "Dave, why did you become a deputy sheriff?" (He worked intake for holding cells at the courthouse). His answer was, "Where else could I make $90,000 a year to sit on my butt all day long without any skills or education?" The worst guys were the ones who wanted to be cops and could not make it, of those there were two types. Either they were attracted to good pay for no skills or education, or people who had been bullied, or like to bully and wanted power. Not saying real good cops don't exist, but they are the exception to the rule.
I actually know quite a few, friends and family included.

My thought is the exact opposite, the truly bad ones are the exception from my experiences.