Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Parkland Shooting

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-02-2022, 11:21 AM   #271
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Parkland Shooting

I think we all agree that we need to make it harder for children, teenagers, criminals, and mentally ill people from obtaining weapons.

The thing we don't agree on, is completely banning all Americans from obtaining whichever guns they prefer.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #272
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I wouldn't respond except you called me out - and it's all BS.

I am not against making AR-15s or any other guns less accessible, or harder to get. It's quite clear that not everyone should own one. I'm just not for banning them completely - which is what you guys want to do.

I'm not against funding teachers. My wife is a teacher. That's just an ignorant assumption.

The one thing you said that was true is that I'll do anything except blame the gun. That is a fact. Just like I won't blame the car for running people over, or the bat for bashing someone's head in. I'll blame the person who pulled the trigger, the person who was behind the wheel, and the person who was wielding the bat - a l l d a y l o n g.

Look, we have had guns in this country for a long damn time - and way more accessible to kids than they are today.

Why do you think kids are picking them up or seeking them out and using them more today than they were in previous years?
This is absolute dumb shit. Nobody in this forum has specifically called for banning assault rifles. Any of us would compromise for better background checks or red flag laws. But when we say that we get ignored.

Conservatives always gravitate to the liberal yelling the most extreme option. This country is going to shit.

You aren't against funding teachers - but your conservative representatives who approve budgets sure as shit don't fucking care about helping them. All their policies today are aimed at making sure they don't teach your kids liberal propaganda.

I thought this was pretty cool - with this commonly available illegal switch from China you can turn your semi-auto Glock into a fully auto Glock. Warning: cop death.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #273
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I never said I want to try "anything", which means "everything". You continue to have a difficult time comprehending what is posted on here. I am not sure how to help you.

Just because I won't support a ban on a semi-automatic rifle doesn't mean I don't care. There are other ways to attack this issue. We just have to all get on board with doing that.
That is the thing, to many that is exactly what it means. We just have to get on Board with doing that.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #274
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is absolute dumb shit. Nobody in this forum has specifically called for banning assault rifles. Any of us would compromise for better background checks or red flag laws. But when we say that we get ignored.

Conservatives always gravitate to the liberal yelling the most extreme option. This country is going to shit.

You aren't against funding teachers - but your conservative representatives who approve budgets sure as shit don't fucking care about helping them. All their policies today are aimed at making sure they don't teach your kids liberal propaganda.

I thought this was pretty cool - with this commonly available illegal switch from China you can turn your semi-auto Glock into a fully auto Glock. Warning: cop death.
Actually banning AR -15's is a start. Should we ban all guns ,no, should we go to house's and confiscate guns ,no. Banning the weapon of choice to most mass murders is a good start.

What I think is you handle guns like a car.

Must be 21 years old.

Before you get a license ,you take a test and renew that license every 5 years(give or take)

All guns must be registered , you want a hundred guns fine but register them

You must carry liability Insurance for your guns.

All lost or stolen guns must be reported to the Police, if not then Owner of record gets the same time as the criminal offender.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:23 PM   #275
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That is the thing, to many that is exactly what it means. We just have to get on Board with doing that.
Can you clarify further on what this post means? I am not understanding what you are trying to say here.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:28 PM   #276
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Can you clarify further on what this post means? I am not understanding what you are trying to say here.
Go back through the thread it will explain itself.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #277
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
...Nobody needs an AR15, they do far more harm than good in society so thus should be banned...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
...Obviously no guns in our country would have thrown a wrench in his plans but we are so saturated with gums now it’s nearly impossible to rid our country of guns...
Quote:
...at no point does the second Amendment say you have a God given right as an American to own a assault weapon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
...Is there any reason why an average person needs an AR-15?
Quote:
...IMO the AR 15 falls in the too much power for the average Joe who doesn't even need it so why not eliminate it.
Regarding mredskins post:
Quote:
I agree with you... and used an atomic bomb as an example and while it was spun it was never answered.
Quote:
So why own a AR 15 i am looking for a valid reason?
Quote:
Actually banning AR -15's is a start...
Sorry Moob, but you're wrong.

The "dumb shit" is you calling me out - putting me in a bucket (you, y'all, you're people..), and then balking when I return the favor.

BTW, an AR-15 isn't an "assault rifle". Some want to label it as such, but that is not what it is.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:15 PM   #278
MTK
\m/

Asking why someone needs an AR-15 isn't the same as calling for a ban so please don't lump me in with the pro banning crowd.

I'm perfectly fine with responsible gun owners having one, but I also think it's perfectly fine to question why civilians need military style weapons.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:24 PM   #279
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Asking why someone needs an AR-15 isn't the same as calling for a ban so please don't lump me in with the pro banning crowd.

I'm perfectly fine with responsible gun owners having one, but I also think it's perfectly fine to question why civilians need military style weapons.
Sorry, I thought that was acceptable practice on here...jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and lumping people into certain categories... Maybe only one side can do that...

Is it the style we are concerned about or the function. Because there is a distinct difference.

It's the function that makes a weapon an assault rifle/weapon, not the "style".

AR doesn't equal Assault Rifle or military style weapon. It's merely a semi-automatic rifle. Can it be modified to be more dangerous - to fit the category of an assault rifle? Yes...but that is illegal.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #280
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 06-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #281
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Sorry, I thought that was acceptable practice on here...jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and lumping people into certain categories... Maybe only one side can do that...

Is it the style we are concerned about or the function. Because there is a distinct difference.

It's the function that makes a weapon an assault rifle/weapon, not the "style".

AR doesn't equal Assault Rifle or military style weapon. It's merely a semi-automatic rifle. Can it be modified to be more dangerous - to fit the category of an assault rifle? Yes...but that is illegal.
I wasn't trying to be snarky I was just defending my position.

I know AR does not mean assault rifle.

Let me just ask this, why is it such a popular gun with mass shooters? I'm guessing it has to do with the function of it, being able to mow down many people quickly.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:12 PM   #282
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I wasn't trying to be snarky I was just defending my position.

I know AR does not mean assault rifle.

Let me just ask this, why is it such a popular gun with mass shooters? I'm guessing it has to do with the function of it, being able to mow down many people quickly.
Well, unless they are illegally modified, the legal AR-15 style rifle can't shoot any faster than your run of the mill Winchester semi-automatic hunting rifle - basically as fast as your finger can pull the trigger - one round per pull. However, the magazine capacity is generally higher, so a shooter can shoot more rounds without reloading than with other rifles that don't have the same capacity. Some states have put restrictions on what they have deemed "large capacity" magazines. Others have not.

All that being said, and to answer your question, the AR-15 style rifle could be popular with mass shooters because of it's capacity potential, compared to other options. But that's just my speculation.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:53 PM   #283
Giantone
Gamebreaker

To add.............

https://news.yahoo.com/tulsa-police-...173926786.html

Yahoo News Video
Tulsa police: Gunman bought rifle hours before hospital shooting, targeted doctor
Thu, June 2, 2022, 1:39 PM
Officials in Tulsa, Okla., said the gunman who fatally shot four people at Saint Francis Hospital on Wednesday targeted his surgeon, blaming him for ongoing pain following a recent back surgery. Police also said the gunman bought an AR-15-style rifle hours before the killings.

- Now, we know, through the help of our ATF and their gun tracing, that at 2:00 PM on June 1, Mr Lewis purchased a semi-automatic rifle from a local gun store. That semi-automatic rifle was an AR-15-style rifle.

We know that Mr Lewis purchased a semi-automatic handgun, a 40 caliber Smith and Wesson pistol, on May 29, from a local pawn shop.

We have also found a letter on the suspect which made it clear that he came in with the intent to kill Dr. Phillips and anyone who got in his way. He blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the surgery.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:07 PM   #284
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Article on Yahoo, from the NYT regarding recent mass shootings:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disturbin...114506454.html
Old 06-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #285
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Article on Yahoo, from the NYT regarding recent mass shootings:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disturbin...114506454.html
Man...

"Only two of the 30 deadliest mass shootings recorded from 1949 to 2017 involved gunmen younger than 21"

while

"Six of the nine deadliest mass shootings in the United States since 2018 were by people who were 21 or younger"

There's a big problem brewing here, and it's not just a guns problem people.