Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #271
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
SS this doesn’t speak to pelosi holding up the funding or a reason...all these entities qualified appropriately for funding as well as without a known KYC biased based. I think it’s gonna fairly obvious if they misappropriated funds based on approvals ...it was directed as first come for serve...this will be an easy audit to see if their is any bases for the suit.

I didn’t know about chase...Wells Fargo was having issues 3 weeks ago, no surprise there.
You could say that again!

Edit: And of course this pops up on a new page. Loses its luster from previous page. Not that it had much to begin with.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2020, 12:48 AM   #272
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Democrats are all fucking idi..., jk, its draft week babaaaaayyyy!!!! If there was ever a year I'm looking forward to it, this is the one.

I'll probably watch either the games in full or the highlights of every player's team we pick in the draft this year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #273
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Wonder what trump will say about this shit???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-rep...083002174.html

State report: Russian, Chinese and Iranian disinformation narratives echo one another

China, Iran and Russia are using the coronavirus crisis to launch a propaganda and disinformation onslaught against the United States, the State Department warns in a new report.

The three governments are pushing a host of matching messages: that the novel coronavirus is an American bioweapon, that the U.S. is scoring political points off the crisis, that the virus didn’t come from China, that U.S. troops spread it, that America’s sanctions are killing Iranians, that China’s response was great while the U.S.’ was negligent, that all three governments are managing the crisis well, and that the U.S. economy can't bear the toll of the virus.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #274
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Wonder what trump will say about this shit???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-rep...083002174.html

State report: Russian, Chinese and Iranian disinformation narratives echo one another

China, Iran and Russia are using the coronavirus crisis to launch a propaganda and disinformation onslaught against the United States, the State Department warns in a new report.

The three governments are pushing a host of matching messages: that the novel coronavirus is an American bioweapon, that the U.S. is scoring political points off the crisis, that the virus didn’t come from China, that U.S. troops spread it, that America’s sanctions are killing Iranians, that China’s response was great while the U.S.’ was negligent, that all three governments are managing the crisis well, and that the U.S. economy can't bear the toll of the virus.
It’s pretty sickening but not surprising.

Those who doubted in the past during crisis get bitch slapped to the nth degree 100% of the time.

Russia and Iran are getting fucked up the ass with the oil... always good to see

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #275
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

But saying that the U.S. Economy can't bear the toll of the virus, is that really false news? Things are going to shit here at an alarming rate and will only get worse in the coming months.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:00 AM   #276
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
But saying that the U.S. Economy can't bear the toll of the virus, is that really false news? Things are going to shit here at an alarming rate and will only get worse in the coming months.
BS, you and your "sky is falling attitude" .Everyone is worried just not panicked like you are.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #277
MTK
\m/

Just reading that Harvard got $9M from the small business stimulus... wtf is going on here?? Why are publicly traded companies and a fucking university getting money from this?? Meanwhile the public is getting $1200 which barely covers rent or a mortgage for most people. Where the hell is our bailout??
Old 04-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #278
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just reading that Harvard got $9M from the small business stimulus... wtf is going on here?? Why are publicly traded companies and a fucking university getting money from this?? Meanwhile the public is getting $1200 which barely covers rent or a mortgage for most people. Where the hell is our bailout??
That seems weird. Do you happen to have the article to link? I only ask because it could be that Harvard is the parent corporation of a small business - it's common for universities to own little research companies or other little business ventures that grew from recent innovation. It could be that small business picked up the $9M and it's being reported as Harvard receiving as the parent corporation.

Still, your point stands, I don't think that's what we the public have in mind when we think of small business relief. We think of the pizza shop on the corner.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #279
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That seems weird. Do you happen to have the article to link? I only ask because it could be that Harvard is the parent corporation of a small business - it's common for universities to own little research companies or other little business ventures that grew from recent innovation. It could be that small business picked up the $9M and it's being reported as Harvard receiving as the parent corporation.

Still, your point stands, I don't think that's what we the public have in mind when we think of small business relief. We think of the pizza shop on the corner.
Why Is Harvard Getting $9 Million In Stimulus Money When It Has A $40 Billion Endowment?
Old 04-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #280
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BS, you and your "sky is falling attitude" .Everyone is worried just not panicked like you are.
All due respect to you, but you are wrong about it being BS. I'm not having a sky is falling attitude on that statement, i am looking at the numbers. The numbers simply do not lie.

23 million people unemployed in two months. That's 11.5 million people losing their jobs a month. Do the math and figure out how that number climbs every month that we stay shut down. Our economy is not handling anything well when you have that many people unemployed and those numbers just keep going up.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #281
MTK
\m/

Here are the largest public companies taking payroll loans meant for small businesses
Old 04-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #282
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I would be willing to venture an educated guess many of those companies on that list are suffering no ill effects from the Corona-virus or it has little impact on them.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #283
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It's a win/win, Trump gets to claim he's trying to help Americans but it's the banks fault for prioritizing those customers.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #284
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's a win/win, Trump gets to claim he's trying to help Americans but it's the banks fault for prioritizing those customers.
Yeah always someone to blame built right in
Old 04-23-2020, 06:46 AM   #285
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/she-...r&par=sharebar

She got a forgivable loan. Her employees hate her for it.

Read several stories like this so far...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote