What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #271
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
We got a guy at the office who talks a lot. This guys has nothing to do 6 hours out of 8 during the day and so he is constantly making cube calls. You would be working and there he is sighing next to your cube trying to get your attention. We call him "The Word Monster" and we take turns to feed him a few words and then pass him on to the next cube.

That is the issue with the big gurl I mentioned either she will come by and tell you how her 3 year old is the next JC or how yo ushould be doing something her way. It is so annoying.

One guy in my office said it is like the scene from Airplane when people are killing themselves from boredom when he is telling his life story.

Another thing is folks who come in on their own "hours" like work 6-2 when the office is open 8 to 5 or they skip lunch hours all week and leave at 2 on Friday, yet their phone still rings and we have to help their govt customers, so annoying!

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #272
MTK
\m/

My office used to be really relaxed with work hours, they just recently put an end to that though. Probably for the best as people used to just come and go as they pleased and took insanely long lunches. You know the usual give people an inch and they take a mile.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #273
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
My office used to be really relaxed with work hours, they just recently put an end to that though. Probably for the best as people used to just come and go as they pleased and took insanely long lunches. You know the usual give people an inch and they take a mile.

That is what is happen!

I want to leave at 3 today (sons daycare is having a dad day) and I never do this or rarely and when I ask my boss he rolled his eyes and said don't make it a habit and then followed up with I know you don't but some.

ME and my buddy joke some are like rolling out 8 when we are coming in, "oh yeah I came in at midnight done for the day."
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #274
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Dumbasses who come into Gamestop where I work and ask me where the games are
should have looked around and been like "ashton...am I being punked? Get your ass out here, I know this is a joke, no one is that stupid!"
Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #275
MTK
\m/

In case anyone is wondering, that Eminem and Lil Wayne song is still going. It's been No Love non-stop today. Un-freaking-believable.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #276
saden1
MVP

I went to ATL to attend a wedding the last few days. If there's any industry that really knows how to nickel and dime you it's the car rental business. Renting a car for two days costs $36.70 USD but the fees take the cost to another level. Here is how Hertz fee's break down:
  • Airport concession fee recovery ($4.51) - This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession fees paid to the airport (hotel or train station) for each rental.
  • Vehicle Licensing Cost Recovery ($2.94) - This fee is for Hertz' recovery of the proportionate amount of vehicle registration, licensing and related fees applicable to a rental.
  • Customer Facility Charge ($10.00) - The Airport requires that all car rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for new car rental facilities.
  • Energy Surcharge ($1.03) - The costs of energy needed to support our business operations have escalated considerably. To offset the increasing costs of utilities, bus fuel, oil and grease, etc., Hertz is separately imposing an Energy Surcharge.

Total Fees: $18.48

So f'cking disgustingly annoying.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #277
over the mountain
Playmaker

I was supposed to close on my new house on Nov 2

My rental home ended Nov 7

We didnt close by the Nov 7

I rented a truck, put all our stuff in it

Im staying at my parents house in Mont Co

My lady is staying at a friends in balt city

i have a 2.5 cm hole in my stomach that i have to go to drs every 2 days to re-open until completely drained which leaves blood/ooze stains on just about every white t shirt

my lender now cant tell me when we can expect to close (sounds like a few weeks away at best for him)

i have just gotten another lender who says she can do it in 2 weeks (thats the good part, getting another lender and starting process from scratch 10 days after seller expected us to close!)

my 5 yr old dog has a torn meniscus and he becomes limp in his rt leg when it gets cold

my parents are very very cheap, they dont turn on the heat in the house

i've had to carry my dog up and down stairs as well as thru doorways

my parents dont have cable, the tv in the room I lived in in HS doesnt have a convertor box so i watch crappy dvds, then all the behind the scene stuff

my car broke down a week ago so instead of my benz (its a 1999 but i love it) i am driving an old 4 cylinder camry

i only brought enough clothes for a few days at my parents b/c i thought i would be in my new house by now so im wearing dress shoes/clothes from my HS days

on top of all this, im a big drinker and IVE BEEN ON F'IN ANTIBIOTICS FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND STILL HAVE 6 DAYS TO GO (which is partly my fault b/c i did a beer a day under my first anti cycle hence why im put back on)

tonight my mom and i are going to unload the truck and return it since im paying $36/day and it doesnt make sense to rack up a 800 truck rental bill since im not closing until Nov 30

i really just wish i could crack some cold ones . . .
Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #278
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I went to ATL to attend a wedding the last few days. If there's any industry that really knows how to nickel and dime you it's the car rental business. Renting a car for two days costs $36.70 USD but the fees take the cost to another level. Here is how Hertz fee's break down:
  • Airport concession fee recovery ($4.51) - This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession fees paid to the airport (hotel or train station) for each rental.
  • Vehicle Licensing Cost Recovery ($2.94) - This fee is for Hertz' recovery of the proportionate amount of vehicle registration, licensing and related fees applicable to a rental.
  • Customer Facility Charge ($10.00) - The Airport requires that all car rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for new car rental facilities.
  • Energy Surcharge ($1.03) - The costs of energy needed to support our business operations have escalated considerably. To offset the increasing costs of utilities, bus fuel, oil and grease, etc., Hertz is separately imposing an Energy Surcharge.
Total Fees: $18.48

So f'cking disgustingly annoying.
Yeah just give me the real price. Don't tell me the car is $25/day when in reality it's going to cost me $40. F... fees.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #279
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Damn over the mountain ! I 'm sitting here laughing at Matty because the song is still going, feeling bad for mredskins because he can't be with his son, and understanding where saden1 is coming from but shit.

If I didn't have my son on my own tonight cause the wife is going out I'd burn one in your honor, I guess I have to kill a couple ****ers in your honor when I get on the Duty.

Wow !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #280
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I was supposed to close on my new house on Nov 2

My rental home ended Nov 7

We didnt close by the Nov 7

I rented a truck, put all our stuff in it

Im staying at my parents house in Mont Co

My lady is staying at a friends in balt city

i have a 2.5 cm hole in my stomach that i have to go to drs every 2 days to re-open until completely drained which leaves blood/ooze stains on just about every white t shirt

my lender now cant tell me when we can expect to close (sounds like a few weeks away at best for him)

i have just gotten another lender who says she can do it in 2 weeks (thats the good part, getting another lender and starting process from scratch 10 days after seller expected us to close!)

my 5 yr old dog has a torn meniscus and he becomes limp in his rt leg when it gets cold

my parents are very very cheap, they dont turn on the heat in the house

i've had to carry my dog up and down stairs as well as thru doorways

my parents dont have cable, the tv in the room I lived in in HS doesnt have a convertor box so i watch crappy dvds, then all the behind the scene stuff

my car broke down a week ago so instead of my benz (its a 1999 but i love it) i am driving an old 4 cylinder camry

i only brought enough clothes for a few days at my parents b/c i thought i would be in my new house by now so im wearing dress shoes/clothes from my HS days

on top of all this, im a big drinker and IVE BEEN ON F'IN ANTIBIOTICS FOR 3 WEEKS NOW AND STILL HAVE 6 DAYS TO GO (which is partly my fault b/c i did a beer a day under my first anti cycle hence why im put back on)

tonight my mom and i are going to unload the truck and return it since im paying $36/day and it doesnt make sense to rack up a 800 truck rental bill since im not closing until Nov 30

i really just wish i could crack some cold ones . . .
Could be worse, at least you're not dead.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #281
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Could be worse, at least you're not dead.
Well this post seems cryptic. Matty, are you planning to off OTM?!?!? Please don't.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #282
over the mountain
Playmaker

well there is good news, with my orig lenders long delay it gave me time to find a new lender who is giving me 4.25 vs 4.685. that and im pretty sure i dont have to go to a ravens home game ever again.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #283
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Speaking of fees, how about simple tickets from officers.

I got busy this month and didn't get my inspection renewed. I'm in the wrong on this and I know it. It's my responsibility to keep it up to date and I didn't so no arguing with the officer. Accept it and move on.

However, going to pay a 30 dollar ticket it somehow skyrockets to 115. Am I the only one that feels that paying 'court costs' when you pre-pay a ticket is unreal? If the fine is 30 bucks, fine me 30 bucks. Don't dare tell me processing a ticket costs you 85 dollars.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #284
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Dumbasses who come into Gamestop where I work and ask me where the games are
Where are the games?
No problem....over there....check out the "Stay Alive".
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #285
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Speaking of fees, how about simple tickets from officers.

I got busy this month and didn't get my inspection renewed. I'm in the wrong on this and I know it. It's my responsibility to keep it up to date and I didn't so no arguing with the officer. Accept it and move on.

However, going to pay a 30 dollar ticket it somehow skyrockets to 115. Am I the only one that feels that paying 'court costs' when you pre-pay a ticket is unreal? If the fine is 30 bucks, fine me 30 bucks. Don't dare tell me processing a ticket costs you 85 dollars.
Yeah that's where they get you, they call it a surcharge tax in NY. A $50 ticket turns into $125 no problem.