Republican nominee for President

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #271
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
How much is he expected to accomplish when he's had a do nothing Congress who's made it their sole mission to stonewall him on anything. Good legislation, bad legislation, it quite frankly didn't matter what Obama suggested, the GOP was going to do the opposite just to spite him and show their constituents they are "anti-Obama". How else can you explain how they are already gearing up to stop any SCOTUS nomination BEFORE any nominee has ever been announced. All of those pricks should lose their positions come election time. Hopefully the Senate and House can regain some positions back.

Look at this shit. A piece of shit Senator filibustering his OWN legislation.

McConnell Filibusters His Own Bill To Lift Debt Ceiling

That said, Obama is still a shitty ass President and deserves his share of the ill will towards the shit that's gone on the past 7 years.
The same was true of Democrats with Bush.

It's all part and parcel of the same forces that are leading to Sanders and Trump making strong waves.

I like the 2 party system far more than the fragmented block system used in a lot of places, but our problem is that the 2 parties we have are too entrenched in power, so the parties that spring up are normally on the outside fringe (tea party, green, etc.) There is a place for a middle ground party that espouses moderate social, moral and fiscal policy and could garner enough votes to wedge itself between liberal democrats and conservative republicans. I would LOVE to see Sanders and Trump nominated, hoping that it would bring a coalition of moderates, left and right, together to form a new faction/party. I also want star trek transporters...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #272
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Anyone else make it easy for you to be stupid?

Oh, and its spelled thermonuclear.

I'd be curious to know who the participants of this nuclear war are.
Aaaahhhh , now the name calling starts.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #273
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

It's all part and parcel of the same forces that are leading to Sanders and Trump making strong waves.

I like the 2 party system far more than the fragmented block system used in a lot of places, but our problem is that the 2 parties we have are too entrenched in power, so the parties that spring up are normally on the outside fringe (tea party, green, etc.) There is a place for a middle ground party that espouses moderate social, moral and fiscal policy and could garner enough votes to wedge itself between liberal democrats and conservative republicans. I would LOVE to see Sanders and Trump nominated, hoping that it would bring a coalition of moderates, left and right, together to form a new faction/party. I also want star trek transporters...
Me too! Star Trek transporters that is!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #274
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
How much is he expected to accomplish when he's had a do nothing Congress who's made it their sole mission to stonewall him on anything. Good legislation, bad legislation, it quite frankly didn't matter what Obama suggested, the GOP was going to do the opposite just to spite him and show their constituents they are "anti-Obama". How else can you explain how they are already gearing up to stop any SCOTUS nomination BEFORE any nominee has ever been announced. All of those pricks should lose their positions come election time. Hopefully the Senate and House can regain some positions back.

Look at this shit. A piece of shit Senator filibustering his OWN legislation.

McConnell Filibusters His Own Bill To Lift Debt Ceiling

That said, Obama is still a shitty ass President and deserves his share of the ill will towards the shit that's gone on the past 7 years.
then we agree

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #275
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Aaaahhhh , now the name calling starts.
Self named.

Are you going to tell me about this hyperbole war, or are you going to be butt hurt and just sulk?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #276
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

the problem with first past the pole (winner take all) voting systems (like we have) is that eventually, they always end up with exactly two parties. in order to build up a viable third or fourth party, you'd need to switch to proportional representation (ie, libertarians get 20% of the votes, they get 20% of the seats).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #277
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

OK, so people who thought GWB or Obama were bad presidents, define that.

When you woke up one day, was your life different?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #278
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Was your life substantially different the day........before your house was foreclosed on by the bank?
How far does the rope go....ask Greece
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #279
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post

thankfully we live in Virginia which was largely unaffected by the economic collapse of 2008...due to a number of factors...but a lot of folks across the country have struggled. Like Matty stated above, a lot of folks due to the Bush/Obama economy cant make enough to live on and have to get help. Some fault is on those individuals, some on economic factors.

Certainly if you known anybody that has fought war or been deployed have been affected.

The failures of both Bush and Obama are evident. Bush economic policies, Obama foreign policies.

This country could do a lot better....ALOT better. National deficit, stagnant wage growth along with cost of living are absolutely terrible right now. Obama has sat back and watched it happen. Look across the world and there is so much instability abroad its frighten.

Africa, Middle East, South/Central America, South East Asia...I wouldn't travel abroad right now to any of those places. Its absolutely sad...the snowball been rolling and the team of Obama/Kerry/Susan Rice foreign policy has been terrible. Shit Hillary was more effective and she got state department folks killed abroad!

He Gets Us
Old 02-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #280
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This country could do a lot better....ALOT better. National deficit, stagnant wage growth along with cost of living are absolutely terrible right now. Obama has sat back and watched it happen. Look across the world and there is so much instability abroad its frighten.

Do tell. How is Obama supposed to handle this without the help of Congress?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #281
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do tell. How is Obama supposed to handle this without the help of Congress?
He can set the legislative agenda, propose plans, actively engage party leadership, and start the conversation with the American people. You know the Presidency is a leadership role.

He did take some small steps in cutting the budget which were positive.

But the right have been some dickheads...Paul Ryan will be a better leader in there.

He Gets Us
Old 02-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #282
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-to-democrats/

Christie endorses Trump?!!! wow...didn't see this coming.

He Gets Us
Old 02-26-2016, 03:06 PM   #283
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post

you mean the unfunded war with simultaneous tax cuts? i thought the GOP was supposed to understand financials and help shrink the government and balance the budget.

personally though, my time in iraq etc wouldn't have been possible without leaders like these. so um, waking up in 135 degree sandbox without a/c was definitely a bit different. or mortar drills.

getting out and having a hard time getting hired cause my job didn't require a TS clearance and the economy stank wasn't a great experience either. luckily i live in a place where my house/mortgage didn't get turned upside down and i knew better than to get anything that wasn't a 30 year fixed, so i avoided that whole disaster (which was partially caused by clinton's push to get home ownership up, and mainly pushed by greed).
Old 02-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #284
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
you mean the unfunded war with simultaneous tax cuts? i thought the GOP was supposed to understand financials and help shrink the government and balance the budget.

personally though, my time in iraq etc wouldn't have been possible without leaders like these. so um, waking up in 135 degree sandbox without a/c was definitely a bit different. or mortar drills.

getting out and having a hard time getting hired cause my job didn't require a TS clearance and the economy stank wasn't a great experience either. luckily i live in a place where my house/mortgage didn't get turned upside down and i knew better than to get anything that wasn't a 30 year fixed, so i avoided that whole disaster (which was partially caused by clinton's push to get home ownership up, and mainly pushed by greed).
Sooo you were drafted, right?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #285
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Sooo you were drafted, right?
you are actually capable of reading comprehension, right?

he asked me how things changed, i provided an example. if that's to difficult to grasp, maybe you need to go back and get that GED.