Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #271
MTK
\m/

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

I'm already tired of all the possible "scenarios".

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #272
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I would like to see all the mock drafts graded after the fact. I wonder what the furthest anyone has gotten 100% correct? I bet even getting the top 10 correct is rare.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #273
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Gets old for sure.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #274
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Draft Chase and call it a day

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #275
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Draft Chase and call it a day
I love Chase as a player but it's just not that simple anymore if multiple teams get into a bidding war to move up for Tua.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #276
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just 2 more months of this....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #277
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Wouldn't you love to draft for Miami this year? They have fourteen draft picks, three firsts, two seconds, and three fifths among them.

Here they are listed: 1-5, 1-18, 1-26, 2-39, 2-56, 3-70, 4-142, 5-153, 5-162,
5-173, 6-185, 6-197, 7-246, 7-250.

They can do just about anything they want to do.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #278
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I love Chase as a player but it's just not that simple anymore if multiple teams get into a bidding war to move up for Tua.
Don’t care, want Chase. Address the holes through FA and draft, I’m thinking offer the Bucs a 4th or 5th rounder for OJ Howard or Dunbar for Howard.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #279
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Agreed. Anyone who thinks we should draft Chase no matter what is an idiot. We are two months away from the draft. The skins should not be "locked in" on any one player or any one approach (trade up/down or stay put).

In a vacuum, the team could have Tua graded higher. We don't know their board. Even THEY don't know their board yet. And even if Chase Young ends up as their #1 rated player, there is a clear scenario (with Detroit) where they trade down to #3 and still get him. The team reportedly loves Okudah. If they could trade back a few spots, get Okudah and a haul of picks to address other needs with elite talent, they'd have to consider it. And there is a possibility Miami or someone else makes them an offer they simply cannot refuse.

Bottom line is that, unlike a lot of narrow-minded fans, the skins are being incredibly smart. They are doing everything they can to drive up the value of the #2 overall pick. Rivera is going to ensure that, by the time the team is on the clock, they will be able to compare the best player on their board (whoever that is) with the best trade offer possible. And then act accordingly. Bravo to Rivera and Kyle Smith. It is so refreshing to have competent decision makers running the show.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #280
SunnySide
Playmaker

A stunning statistic regarding first-team All-Pro players and the Washington Redskins came out today. It's one that could explain why the struggles have been very real over the two decades.

In a list compiled by Jared Tokarz, it was revealed at the 31 of 32 teams have featured at least one first-team All-Pro performer over the last ten years. The only team that hasn't?

You guessed it, your very own Redskins.
https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...7/#118281757_1

The last Skins all pro? P Matt Turk in the 90s.

2019 - Tress Way is the only player on our team who we can say is the best at his position.

We need elite talent. We need elite players to make elite plays and elite impact on the game. We have a bunch of young players, we have a handful of really good players ... we have zero game changers.

Get me the game changer edge rusher please. (Sure wait the 10 minutes to see if a team gives you a ridiculous haul and dont pull an Orakpo ... but I dont see a team offering enough me enough to back off Chase Young).
Old 03-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #281
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Agreed. Anyone who thinks we should draft Chase no matter what is an idiot. We are two months away from the draft. The skins should not be "locked in" on any one player or any one approach (trade up/down or stay put).

In a vacuum, the team could have Tua graded higher. We don't know their board. Even THEY don't know their board yet. And even if Chase Young ends up as their #1 rated player, there is a clear scenario (with Detroit) where they trade down to #3 and still get him. The team reportedly loves Okudah. If they could trade back a few spots, get Okudah and a haul of picks to address other needs with elite talent, they'd have to consider it. And there is a possibility Miami or someone else makes them an offer they simply cannot refuse.

Bottom line is that, unlike a lot of narrow-minded fans, the skins are being incredibly smart. They are doing everything they can to drive up the value of the #2 overall pick. Rivera is going to ensure that, by the time the team is on the clock, they will be able to compare the best player on their board (whoever that is) with the best trade offer possible. And then act accordingly. Bravo to Rivera and Kyle Smith. It is so refreshing to have competent decision makers running the show.
Agree with most of what you've said here, with the exception of there being a "clear scenario with Detroit" to a trade where we still get Young. There is a possibility, but it is remote and rather murky, rather than clear. The only conceivable reason that Detroit would do that would be that they were convinced that if they didn't, the Redskins would surely trade with someone else who would draft the guy Detroit wants. The only reason the Redskins would do that would be if they are absolutely sure that Detroit would definitely not take Young. Both of these points are major stumbling blocks to such a trade. Even if the Redskins were ready to trade with, say, Miami, what are the chances that Detroit would both have the draft capital and be willing to trade it to move up one spot? From the Redskins perspective, Miami would surely offer much more than Detroit would and in any case it would be hard to know for certain that Detroit wouldn't hoodwink us out of Young. I think a trade down remains a real possibility for the Redskins, I just don't agree with you that Detroit would be our likely trading partner.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #282
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Agree with most of what you've said here, with the exception of there being a "clear scenario with Detroit" to a trade where we still get Young. There is a possibility, but it is remote and rather murky, rather than clear. The only conceivable reason that Detroit would do that would be that they were convinced that if they didn't, the Redskins would surely trade with someone else who would draft the guy Detroit wants. The only reason the Redskins would do that would be if they are absolutely sure that Detroit would definitely not take Young. Both of these points are major stumbling blocks to such a trade. Even if the Redskins were ready to trade with, say, Miami, what are the chances that Detroit would both have the draft capital and be willing to trade it to move up one spot? From the Redskins perspective, Miami would surely offer much more than Detroit would and in any case it would be hard to know for certain that Detroit wouldn't hoodwink us out of Young. I think a trade down remains a real possibility for the Redskins, I just don't agree with you that Detroit would be our likely trading partner.

That specific trade scenario would only be if Detroit wanted Tua themselves. Which would make sense for them. They still have Stafford and Tua could use a year to recover (if he needs it) and learn the NFL.

Ultimately, if Tua mania takes over, the skins are making it clear to the league that any team that wants to make sure they get him has to trade with us at 2, not Detroit at 3. And if Detroit loves Tua and wants to secure him, then they can’t just assume we’ll take young and sit at 3 to get him, as another team could have traded up with us for Tua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #283
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
That specific trade scenario would only be if Detroit wanted Tua themselves. Which would make sense for them. They still have Stafford and Tua could use a year to recover (if he needs it) and learn the NFL.

Ultimately, if Tua mania takes over, the skins are making it clear to the league that any team that wants to make sure they get him has to trade with us at 2, not Detroit at 3. And if Detroit loves Tua and wants to secure him, then they can’t just assume we’ll take young and sit at 3 to get him, as another team could have traded up with us for Tua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, we would have to be absolutely certain that Detroit wouldn't take Young. If we swapped firsts and picked up a second and Detroit ran the card with Young's name on it up to the podium 2 seconds later, we would look awfully foolish. Not seeing it. If Miami offers us a king's ransom of a deal that we can't refuse, would Detroit's offer of a second rounder tip the scales in their favor over Miami? Again, not seeing it. As I said before, your scenario is remotely possible. It just isn't very likely.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #284
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would like to see all the mock drafts graded after the fact. I wonder what the furthest anyone has gotten 100% correct? I bet even getting the top 10 correct is rare.
I think Sunnyside had posted something about the accuracy of some major mock players and how accurate they were. It is not very high.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #285
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Say Miami offers you #5 and #18 for the 2nd pick.

Lions take Chase but you can get Simmons and Jeudy in the first rd. 2 day 1 starters right away. Would u do it?