Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #271
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Looks like I'll be back on XBox live playing Zombies on World at War tonight ! That is after I practice some Mortal Kombat cause I OWE YOU QUAAAAAAAAAAAAKE !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #272
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

For those of you following what's happening with the hackers and PSN, what do you think about this?

I'm really annoyed that the PSN already got hacked, and if they hack it again and can't be stopped by Sony I'm gonna be even more mad. I have my card info on my PSN already and even though I've been monitoring my account and nothing bad has happened yet, if they do end up using peoples' cc accounts it's just gonna be more headaches. As soon as PSN launches again I have to change my password, and I just ordered a new debit card so hopefully that'll take care of it, but all the same Sony f'd up big time on this one. And I can't believe they were planning on hacking Sony again.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #273
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Yeah that situation is getting pretty ugly. Even though I'm more of an Xbox guy, but I still love my PS3 at times and this is rough. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this results in a xbox live styled subscription set up to provide resources towards preventing this in the future.

On a lighter note, anyone picking up Brink for 360? Been waiting a while for this game. If u haven't seen much about it, it plays like Team Fortress with customization options and features up to 8 players co-op.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #274
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thumbs down re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Man I'm going back to XB fellas because sony is becoming more and more bush league by the day. This is what happens when you have free play online. XBL would never let this outage happen like PSN. Epic fail on their part.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #275
MTK
\m/

So PSN is still down? Unbelievable.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #276
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So PSN is still down? Unbelievable.
Exclusive: Third attack against Sony planned | Circuit Breaker - CNET News
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #277
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I find myself extremely fortunate that shortly before this outage occurred I stopped playing online due to lack of interest, and even more fortunate that I haven't really had the itch to play since then. Otherwise I would probably be going crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Man I'm going back to XB fellas because sony is becoming more and more bush league by the day. This is what happens when you have free play online. XBL would never let this outage happen like PSN. Epic fail on their part.
In the time I've had my PS3 I have obviously spent nothing for online access. If I had a 360 it would have set me back $148. Thats getting close to 3 games. Not to mention an extra $100 for wi-fi. So if God forbid an outage should happen for a month or even two then so what. Better then having the price rise to include stuff I don't want like Facebook and any other apps the folks at Microsoft decide to add.

And when the hell is 360 going to get a browser? How does Microsoft make a system without an internet browser? My crappy 3 year old phone has an internet browser.

For the record I own both as well.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #278
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
For those of you following what's happening with the hackers and PSN, what do you think about this?

I'm really annoyed that the PSN already got hacked, and if they hack it again and can't be stopped by Sony I'm gonna be even more mad. I have my card info on my PSN already and even though I've been monitoring my account and nothing bad has happened yet, if they do end up using peoples' cc accounts it's just gonna be more headaches. As soon as PSN launches again I have to change my password, and I just ordered a new debit card so hopefully that'll take care of it, but all the same Sony f'd up big time on this one. And I can't believe they were planning on hacking Sony again.
I didn't see that you posted the link already...this admin lockout of the mods is keeping me from sharpening my skills in the off-season
Old 05-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #279
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I didn't see that you posted the link already...this admin lockout of the mods is keeping me from sharpening my skills in the off-season
But what about the tenants of this internet forum? When are we going to receive our fair share of credit for making this the place that it is now? Without us, the admin and the mods wouldn't have anything to have power over. Without us, there is no Warpath. I'm sick and tired of the mods and admins disrespecting us like this. It's time us common folk stand up for ourselves!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #280
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
But what about the tenants of this internet forum? When are we going to receive our fair share of credit for making this the place that it is now? Without us, the admin and the mods wouldn't have anything to have power over. Without us, there is no Warpath. I'm sick and tired of the mods and admins disrespecting us like this. It's time us common folk stand up for ourselves!
Hey, we hear you. The mods are trying to get the best deal for you...but you know how Matty is (Mr. Ego)...<<totally should have hijacked the Lendy thread with this>>
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #281
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hey, we hear you. The mods are trying to get the best deal for you...but you know how Matty is (Mr. Ego)...<<totally should have hijacked the Lendy thread with this>>
But why would you want to hijack a serious thread about a guy that is crucial to the success of our team? Just another example of the misprioritizing of the threads by our so called "leaders."
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #282
mredskins
Gamebreaker

LA Noire, anyone get it? Any personal reviews of it?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #283
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Picking it up tonight

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #284
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
LA Noire, anyone get it? Any personal reviews of it?
I just wish they had it set during the 80's or beyond. Personally I get mixed feelings on throwback games (20's-50's types). On one hand they're great because they just do such a great job of showing you what the time period looked like with color and you do get caught up in it sometimes, but usually after a while I get depressed for some reason. Maybe I feel sorry for these people since they have to live with cars that barely go over 40 mph and no home computers.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #285
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I find myself extremely fortunate that shortly before this outage occurred I stopped playing online due to lack of interest, and even more fortunate that I haven't really had the itch to play since then. Otherwise I would probably be going crazy.

In the time I've had my PS3 I have obviously spent nothing for online access. If I had a 360 it would have set me back $148. Thats getting close to 3 games. Not to mention an extra $100 for wi-fi. So if God forbid an outage should happen for a month or even two then so what. Better then having the price rise to include stuff I don't want like Facebook and any other apps the folks at Microsoft decide to add.

And when the hell is 360 going to get a browser? How does Microsoft make a system without an internet browser? My crappy 3 year old phone has an internet browser.

For the record I own both as well.

I hear really soon but I'm surprised they dont have one yet.