The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 07-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #256
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Remeber the pulse night club shooting? Remember the response was gun control? Would have gun control stopped this attack?

Gun control isn't stopping these savages...

Gun control would help. Again there are no easy answers. Ofcourse these lunatics will find a way to fuck up our day, but we have to start taking steps to make the world a safer place. Id say not letting people on watch lists purchase weapons over the counter is a damn good start.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #257
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So where is the due process for watchlists? The government won't even say how many people are on it. And a point I heard the other day - suppose an individual is denied a purchase of a gun while on the watchlist are we showing the governments hand?

Hillary Trump Johnson definitely belongs in politics.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #258
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So where is the due process for watchlists? The government won't even say how many people are on it. And a point I heard the other day - suppose an individual is denied a purchase of a gun while on the watchlist are we showing the governments hand?

Hillary Trump Johnson definitely belongs in politics.

Sent from my S6 Edge

Look nobody is saying that stopping or preventing any of this is easy. What is your point though - that we just go on allowing gun sales to be willy nilly? Lol. Somehow a red flag pops up when these individuals go to buy guns. The hillbilly at the cash register certainly does not need to know why the individual cant buy a gun. For all they know the guy has too many parking tickets.
I certainly dont think anyone is suggesting that the person announces over the intercom that there is a possible terrorist trying to purchase a gun and tip the governments hand.
Do you know what kind of red tape i have to go through if i want to build a deck in my backyard? Lol. Lets just make it half as difficult for joe schmo to buy an assault rifle?

Its a start.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #259
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Look nobody is saying that stopping or preventing any of this is easy. What is your point though - that we just go on allowing gun sales to be willy nilly? Lol. Somehow a red flag pops up when these individuals go to buy guns. The hillbilly at the cash register certainly does not need to know why the individual cant buy a gun. For all they know the guy has too many parking tickets.
I certainly dont think anyone is suggesting that the person announces over the intercom that there is a possible terrorist trying to purchase a gun and tip the governments hand.
Do you know what kind of red tape i have to go through if i want to build a deck in my backyard? Lol. Lets just make it half as difficult for joe schmo to buy an assault rifle?

Its a start.
For the record, there isn't an amendment to the constitution specifically giving you the right to a deck.

It's a start, but it's bad law so probably not a good start.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #260
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I'm sure we can get this passed with 2/3's majority in both houses, we can call it The Punch Amendment:

A well fed population, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and build decks, shall not be infringed.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #261
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Over Trump, hell yes. Not sure how that's even a real question for anyone with half a brain.
The real question to you is do you condone a known liar, thief as qualities you can accept in your CIC? I guess you have already answered that, right? The Hill and Bill show are now and have been known quantities. There is still question as to Trump. My idea of the great candidate? No. Strictly lessor of two evils type of thing.
Still...Hill may well get in office on the backs of the same general...Low Brow, hand out, promise me me everything/deliver nothing...folks that got Barry O elected...twice, right?
Lol, we all have seen how that disastrous experiment has gone.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #262
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
For the record, there isn't an amendment to the constitution specifically giving you the right to a deck.

It's a start, but it's bad law so probably not a good start.

For the record we are no longer referring to muskets in order to keep our country free. Lol. We certainly should be able to control who buts guns. Constitution or not there need to be precautions taken.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #263
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I'm sure we can get this passed with 2/3's majority in both houses, we can call it The Punch Amendment:

A well fed population, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and build decks, shall not be infringed.

Yes! Hey my deck helps get us drunk on hot days!
Old 07-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #264
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Yes. Let's not worry about the Constitution. 3 cheers for modern US political discourse.

Sent from my S6 Edge
Old 07-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #265
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
The real question to you is do you condone a known liar, thief as qualities you can accept in your CIC? I guess you have already answered that, right? The Hill and Bill show are now and have been known quantities. There is still question as to Trump. My idea of the great candidate? No. Strictly lessor of two evils type of thing.
Still...Hill may well get in office on the backs of the same general...Low Brow, hand out, promise me me everything/deliver nothing...folks that got Barry O elected...twice, right?
Lol, we all have seen how that disastrous experiment has gone.....

Trump is no different. How many thousands of people must he con before we refer to him as a liar. He has no business in the whitehouse. Hillary isnt my ideal candidate but she has experience with the political world. Plus there is this....
Old 07-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #266
Hog1

Quote:
Gun control would help. Again there are no easy answers. Of course these lunatics will find a way to fuck up our day, but we have to start taking steps to make the world a safer place. Id say not letting people on watch lists purchase weapons over the counter is a damn good start.
Did you want to start with vehicles? 32k killed per/year USA
Cell phones? 15k deaths p/year associated texting...
Outlawing trucks? Maybe that would have prevented the 100..ish killed the other night.
Yes, we do have to start doing...something. Currently we do not seem to be able to focus on any real action, just knee jerk nonsense that has little meaning outside of political arena's
Old 07-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #267
Hog1

Quote:
Trump is no different. How many thousands of people must he con before we refer to him as a liar. He has no business in the whitehouse. Hillary isnt my ideal candidate but she has experience with the political world. Plus there is this....
I do not 100% disagree with you but the difference is Trump may surprise you or may prove to be as bad as Hill. She has already proven to be completely untrustworthy and incompetent. When I have more time later, I will try to post some interesting stuff.
It....ain't a good situation to be in, but here we are..........

Last edited by Hog1; 07-15-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #268
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I don't understand why Gary Johnson can't get more traction, especially on the Democratic side. People defending Hillary make 0 sense to me.

Sent from my S6 Edge
Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #269
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I don't understand why Gary Johnson can't get more traction, especially on the Democratic side. People defending Hillary make 0 sense to me.

Sent from my S6 Edge

Im voting for him. Only because NJ isnt a swing state. Hillary is my second choice though. Hog i have read alot of the dirt on hillary. I dont really like her. It comes down to I cannot stand Trump. Im physically repulsed by his being. He has enough of a track record and i have listened to him speak enough to know he will not "surprise " me. Not in a good way. But i agree terrible situation to be in. Ugghh.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #270
Hog1

Quote:
Im voting for him. Only because NJ isnt a swing state. Hillary is my second choice though. Hog i have read alot of the dirt on hillary. I dont really like her. It comes down to I cannot stand Trump. Im physically repulsed by his being. He has enough of a track record and i have listened to him speak enough to know he will not "surprise " me. Not in a good way. But i agree terrible situation to be in. Ugghh.
Understood......