Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Most likely scenario for the 2020 NFL season?
Starts on time and all regular season and playoff games are played 3 13.64%
Starts on time but doesn't finish 4 18.18%
Starts late but finishes 3 13.64%
Starts late but doesn't finish 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but finishes 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but doesn't finish 1 4.55%
Entire season canceled, no games played 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #256
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There will be restrictions until a vaccine is made, Covid is just another Flu.. 1% death rate nationwide.. Time to get back to normal
It's still too early to assume something like that.. See the ongoing research on the virus and its impact on body organs. It will be months before scientists are able to figure out the severity of the virus. Although the low death rate is really good sign. The recovery rate also is good sign however it doesn't give us a full picture - it is possible for people to recover fully from COVID and continue to experience the side effects from the virus. That is something that the recovery rate doesn't cover.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #257
MTK
\m/

Number of cases is probably much much higher than we know due to lack of widespread testing
Old 06-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #258
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Number of cases is probably much much higher than we know due to lack of widespread testing
Covid-19 is nowhere near as bad as they said it was. Even if it is more widespread what difference does it make? The overwhelming majority (over 95%) will be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
More and more evidence daily to show that there is no way they can have an NFL season. We need to look ahead and even look at 2021 season, which i think is in jeopardy. Even with a vaccine out late this year / early next year, USA will still see probably upwards of 25 to 30K cases a day, it will take a significant time for the population to all get the vaccine (or as many people as would be willing, etc...), and then the new daily case counts to get low.

So i think as long as people are still getting COVID-19, an NFL season isn't possible. We could be looking at two years of no football.
This virus is a joke. We will have a full season with a crowd.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #259
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Donald Trump are you now spending your time on this board rather than Twitter?
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:42 PM   #260
Ohioskins
Special Teams

And it probably makes a huge difference to the other five %.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #261
httr198020
Special Teams

The mortality rate for this virus is extremely low. Everything should be opened back up immediately. It was never as dangerous as they claimed. We should not destroy our entire economy because some people might be at risk when the vast majority of us are not. For the people who are scared, stay home, for the people who are not, go live your life to the fullest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Donald Trump are you now spending your time on this board rather than Twitter?
Is this meant to be an insult or something?
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #262
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Covid-19 is nowhere near as bad as they said it was. Even if it is more widespread what difference does it make? The overwhelming majority (over 95%) will be just fine.

This virus is a joke. We will have a full season with a crowd.
Full capacity crowds or limited
Old 06-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #263
rocnrik
Playmaker

In 2018 the regular flu killed 1800 Virginia citizens.. the COVID virus death toll in Virginia us below 1600 .. granted that’s not a full year on the COVID stat but this virus is not apocalyptic as the media reports ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #264
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Full capacity crowds or limited
I think there is no way they go full capacity. But I think they will try with limited capacity if covid cases continue to decrease as testing increases.

But I think NFL isn’t looking to eff around. They playing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #265
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
In 2018 the regular flu killed 1800 Virginia citizens.. the COVID virus death toll in Virginia us below 1600 .. granted that’s not a full year on the COVID stat but this virus is not apocalyptic as the media reports ...
In addition, the death rate is something that can def be scrutinized. If someone commits suicide, but tests positive for covid, it's considered a covid death. The average age of a covid fatality is around 80 years old.
I think the infection rate is higher than noted due to lack of testing early on....but the mortality rate is lower. Hospitals are also very quick to diagnose someone with covid, as they get more government funding for a covid patient than a flu patient. Something like double. So they have their reasons for the virus situation to drag out. I agree though....its not as serious as it was made out to be. And I beleive I had it early on before there was mass testing. I think it went around my work and everyone got it. Thought it was a seasonal illness on the east coast in january.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #266
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

And I was one of the people that was very very worried early on. I was scared to death for my gf (we are both considered essential businesses so we continued to work around enough people to be concerned about) and she has a heart condition that scared the ever loving shit out of me if she got it. So I was one of the overly cautious people. But it seems as more research is done, it's not as transferable as they originally assumed. Maybe
But honestly...who knows. I'm not an epidemiologist
Old 06-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #267
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
That seems very high to me. Where did you get this figure from?
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #268
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
In addition, the death rate is something that can def be scrutinized. If someone commits suicide, but tests positive for covid, it's considered a covid death.
Im curious about this, Ive seen this said before but no real articles to cite to. What are you basing this on?

This is only for Washington State (below) but I have a hard time believing someone who is shot and killed is counted as a COVID death. What I read, the CDC only considers the death certificate cited cause of death.

-------------------

State officials also compare death certificates to disease surveillance data, to identify those who had Covid-19 but died of an unrelated cause, like a gunshot wound. Washington has removed such deaths.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eath-toll.html
Old 06-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #269
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im curious about this, Ive seen this said before but no real articles to cite to. What are you basing this on?

This is only for Washington State (below) but I have a hard time believing someone who is shot and killed is counted as a COVID death. What I read, the CDC only considers the death certificate cited cause of death.

-------------------

State officials also compare death certificates to disease surveillance data, to identify those who had Covid-19 but died of an unrelated cause, like a gunshot wound. Washington has removed such deaths.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eath-toll.html
I know for a fact from a leadership position at a hospital, if die from anything and they have covid antibodies, not even symptoms, it’s goes on the Covid count. Its dishonest, but there is financial incentive behind it from that same person.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #270
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I know for a fact from a leadership position at a hospital, if die from anything and they have covid antibodies, not even symptoms, it’s goes on the Covid count. Its dishonest, but there is financial incentive behind it from that same person.
From everything I read, under that circumstance it may go on the provisional count but then be excluded after review and not counted towards CDC official tally.

If someone dies from a stabbing but tests positive post mortem ... it absolutely is not counted towards the CDC official count.

You could argue the gray area of first line cause of death "heart failure"
second line "due to COVID"

^^ that would be counted as covid related bc the person with the pre-existing condition would not have died but for the COVID aggravating a pre-existing condition.

-------------------

Are we seriously arguing that the CDC and all the other medical experts saying there are 120k covid deaths are wrong?

or that the mortality rate is the same as the flu?

or masks dont help?

or the stay at home didnt help?

Im gonna take a break ... i find myself posting/refuting to much on here

if you die in a car accident, it is absolutely not counted in CDC's official tally of covid deaths. i need to walk away