North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #256
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Im not right wing propaganda anything. Im socially liberal, fiscally conservative, overall libertarian leaning. All im tryin to do is point out the hypocrisy and a lack of balance, fairness and overall objectiveness in much of the traditional media.
It was a shot at the author and report itself. Unless you are in fact the one who wrote that garbage.

Quote:
Regardless, instead of spending your time showing off your sweet search skills by linking to all sorts of articles reporting the acts of vandalism from CBS, ABC and NBC news affiliates you could have spent 2 minutes reading the article. Or at least the first paragraph:
Ok mmpetert, let me break this down to you.

Quote:
ABC, CBS, NBC Ignore Chick-fil-A Vandalism Incidents
Quote:
The broadcast networks buried the three instances of vandalism altogether; not a single mention of vandalism at any of the three Chick-fil-A locations was reported by ABC, CBS, or NBC.
Quote:
The silence of the networks regarding the vandalism of multiple Chick-fil-A restaurants is only the latest example of destruction committed by the left and ignored by the media.
Blatant lies. Absolutely false. It wasn't ignored, but this asshat has the audacity to claim it was. I did read it unfortunately and it was all hogwash. Nothing from that article had any substance or truth to it. Not a single iota. I mean hell, at least Fox News tells half truths mostly, this guy doesn't even have the common courtesy to do that.

Quote:
But the networks did not report on Castro’s expression of his opinion
Do what? This is about as stupid as it gets. How many TV stations report on a criminals "expression of opinion" right after they've committed a misdemeanor? Sir, I'm with ABC news and I would like to get your expression of opinion on why you decided to drive 45 mph in a 35mph zone? Sir, the world is on standby waiting for your griping response.

Quote:
This fits in with the networks’ narrative to ignore the misdeeds of those they happen to agree with

Again, more babble and bullshit. They reported these deeds even though this author is claiming they didn't.

Not even sure what to tell you man, if you can't see this then I can't help you. I'm not surprised to see articles like the one you posted since it's a long standing practice of ring wing media outlets. (not to say it doesn't happen on the left side of it)

Remember back in 2009 when Fox News printed a add saying how did CNN and other didn't cover the Tea Party Rally? Yeah, they got shit on as well.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-15-2012 at 04:08 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #257
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post

mlm, I've had the same sig since I signed up on WP and read some pretty funny posts......but this is surely sig worthy. lol.

Maybe I should bring in Smoot's sig.

You are so vain you think this post is about you.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #258
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Maybe I should bring in Smoot's sig.

You are so vain you think this post is about you.
You could, but it wouldn't be as funny.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #259
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Your ability to scour the net and find opinions that reinforce your own is uncanny. Your ability to find facts that handedly support your own arguments while ignoring the facts that compromise your stance is second to none. Your lack of tact and ability to criticize others that disagree with you rival only those of an 11th grade girl. You are truly unable to hear or see anything besides your own point of view.

There are many viable ways, and even more opinions, to tackle the problems and issues we're facing today. Including many opposing solutions, both with their own sound reasoning. So while you may be unburdened with the ability to apply consideration to the ideas and opinions that challenge your own, it doesn’t necessarily mean those ideas or opinions are wrong or without judgment.

I haven't said the first thing to you or about you in my reply. I made a flippant remark about right wing propaganda, and you somehow took as it was directed personally to you. Quit being so sensitive. What I did was absolutely positively destroyed that hatchet job on ABC/CBS/NBC and any reasonable person can see that. (and I don't even view those media sites)

If I post a hack job like the one you did, by all means feel free to respond the same way. In fact, I encourage it. Would it have been better if I had posted the "O 'Rly?" owl instead?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #260
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

My guess is mlm's claim is that it wasn't on the nightly news on any of those broadcasts. To which I'd say...do people still watch the nightly news anyway?

But seriously, either way it was reported by several of the network's owned and operated stations as noted in the links
Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #261
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
To which I'd say...do people still watch the nightly news anyway?

NO!,We try ,my wife and I last night tried to but we are just sick of the political ads,no joke everytime one came on .....party did not matter,we changed the channel.We already know who we are voting for.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #262
MTK
\m/

I watch the local news pretty much every night. National, not so much.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #263
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

This whole Chick-Fil-A ordeal just got uglier. From an article on yesterday's shooting in DC at the conservative Family Research Council:

"The FBI affifavit said authorities recovered the 9mm Sig Sauer handgun, plus two additional magazines of ammunition. When agents searched Corkins’s backback, they found another 50 rounds of ammunition, and 15 sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A.

[. . . ] The FBI affidavit says that agents interviewed Corkins’s [the shooter] parents, who said their son “has strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner."'

Floyd Lee Corkins charged in Family Research Council shooting - The Washington Post

You think he planned to use the sandwiches for some sort of demonstration? Everyone, on both sides, needs to take a deep breath and find increased civility. Each side keeps ignoring the other side's humanity.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #264
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I find the national news to be less about news and more about opinion/point of view. Their local affiliates are bent on reporting local facts so I find them better "news" outlets. If I want a full picture of the facts about national stories, however, the last place I would look is the network evening news.

On important national stories, getting the relevant facts is hard and really requires work. Every outlet - TV, Internet, print - has an agenda & point of view and emphasizes the facts that support their opinions. True "news" on a national level, fact neutral reporting, just doesn't exist and, in truth, probably never did.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #265
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
This whole Chick-Fil-A ordeal just got uglier. From an article on yesterday's shooting in DC at the conservative Family Research Council:

"The FBI affifavit said authorities recovered the 9mm Sig Sauer handgun, plus two additional magazines of ammunition. When agents searched Corkins’s backback, they found another 50 rounds of ammunition, and 15 sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A.

[. . . ] The FBI affidavit says that agents interviewed Corkins’s [the shooter] parents, who said their son “has strong opinions with respect to those he believes do not treat homosexuals in a fair manner."'

Floyd Lee Corkins charged in Family Research Council shooting - The Washington Post

You think he planned to use the sandwiches for some sort of demonstration? Everyone, on both sides, needs to take a deep breath and find increased civility. Each side keeps ignoring the other side's humanity.
This incident brings several issues together...gay rights, crazy people with guns and obsessive media coverage. Its a deadly combo...these crazy people just want to be part of the story.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #266
firstdown
Living Legend

Well the local CFA here is donating box lunches for our golf outing writing off the $800 it would have cost if we purchased them. We have had other businesses help with lunches but never donate the entire lunch at no cost.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #267
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Lawyer ordered to pay $4.5M to gay U-M student - Yahoo! News

Calling somebody out in a anti-gay blog and accusing them of enticing minors with alcohol and recruiting people to be "gay" isn't covered under your freedom of speech. You'd think he know that being a lawyer and all.

Quote:
The U.S. District Court jury ruled in favor of Christopher Armstrong, who claimed he suffered distress after a blog created by Andrew Shirvell accused him of enticing minors with alcohol and recruiting people to become homosexual.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #268
Giantone
Gamebreaker

So, how long before we find out that all mass muderers and serial killers are.....gay?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #269
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I don't know if anyone heard of this but a band called Pussy Riot recently staged a protest at a cathedral in Moscow. The price of said protest was 2 years in jail for "hooliganism motivated by religious hatred".

Pussy Riot Members Found Guilty Of Hooliganism, Rallies In NYC Show Support (PHOTOS)
Quote:
Many of you know by now that three members of the Russian punk band and activist group Pussy Riot were found guilty of hooliganism charges today, with Moscow Judge Marina Syrova announcing a prison sentence of two years for the three women who staged the anti-Putin protest in Russia's Cathedral of Christ the Savior last February.
Warning: The song sounds like a cat being slammed against a wall but this is actual footage of their "crime."

Needless to say I will be very interested to see how many people that supported Chick Fil-A on August 1st in the name of "free speech" will cry foul.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-17-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #270
GusFrerotte

Not sure you can say ignorance. Marriage was created for the sole purpose for creating a family, and for that you need sexual reproduction to happen. Can't have true gay or lesbian couples reproduce so why do they have to marry? That is the oppositions take on it. Even Justin Raimando from the American Conservative(who is openly gay) asked why did the gay community want to take on heterosexual hand me downs(marriage) in an article in one of the past issues. It should be also noted that until 1972 the American Psychiatry Associations Handbook listed homosexuality as a personality disorder, so until very recently, before the era of PC came upon us, even shrinks thought it was whack.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote