Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #256
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

WORST of our future...a feminist student at UCONN says the school's new athletic logo, a Husky dog, is a pro-rape symbol and strikes fear into her.

College’s husky dog logo promotes rape, says student | The Daily Caller

Quote:
The new logo for the University of Connecticut’s sports teams is a terrifying husky dog that calls to mind images of sexual assault, says one student.

The new logo was unveiled last week, receiving mixed-to-negative reviews from UConn fans who preferred the older, cuter husky dog.

But one student went much further, criticizing the new, meaner logo for being a pro-rape symbol.

In an open letter to UC President Susan Herbst, self-described feminist student Carolyn Luby wrote that the redesigned team logo will intimidate women and empower rape culture.

UConn basketball coach Geno Auriemma said the logo “is looking right through you and saying, ‘Do not mess with me.’ This is a streamlined, fighting dog, and I cannot wait for it to be on our uniforms and court.”

In response, Luby wrote, “What terrifies me about the admiration of such traits is that I know what it feels like to have a real life Husky look straight through you and to feel powerless, and to wonder if even the administration cannot ‘mess with them.’ And I know I am not alone.”

There were two sexual assaults at UConn involving athletes in the past year, Luby claimed.

The logo and the teams it represents are menacing to women, she wrote.

Read more: College’s husky dog logo promotes rape, says student | The Daily Caller

When she sees this dog, she fears getting raped. This woman needs to be put in a straight jacket.

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #257
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Worse still, a cartoon dog.

I can understand why some women genuinely fear being raped by dogs as that was a sick legacy of Pinochet's regime.

But that chick needs to get help.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #258
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Since the Lady Huskies basketball team will be wearing this logo, will they be afraid of getting raped every time a teammate runs near them?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #259
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

It's a cartoon so there's more fear of an Acme anvil dropping from the stadium roof, obviously.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #260
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
It's a cartoon so there's more fear of an Acme anvil dropping from the stadium roof, obviously.
In lieu of a pill in their drink?

Rape is certainly no joke but this woman is.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #261
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Now instead of all of the gay marriage ads (thanks for THAT Locker Room thread guys), I am getting drug rehab and detox ads thanks to this woman and the Honey Badger.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #262
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Best of:

World Thinkers 2013 - Prospect Magazine

Richard Dawkins at #1.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #263
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Best of:

World Thinkers 2013 - Prospect Magazine

Richard Dawkins at #1.
Well deserved
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #264
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting

Definitely the worst. This kid is truly either evil or a mental case. Probably both.
At one point, he swiveled around in his chair toward the gallery where his own family members and those of the slain teenagers were sitting and spoke suddenly, surprising even his lawyer.

"The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory," he said, then cursed at and raised his middle finger toward the victims' relatives.

WOW...
Well...hopefully the parents of the slain teens can take some solace in the knowledge that the masturbating....trigger hand will be getting plenty of work for life in the bighouse delivering Happy Endings to a great number of the....fella's
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #265
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man loses life savings on carnival game

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

“It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” Gribbohm said. “You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back.’”

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

lololololololololololol

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #266
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Best of the best - Hard to the effing core:

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (AP) -- Sgt. 1st Class Greg Robinson has become the first amputee to complete Army air assault school, a course so grueling his prosthetic leg broke twice over the 10 days spent rappelling down ropes, navigating obstacle courses and completing strenuous road marches.

Each year thousands of soldiers are physically and mentally tested at the Fort Campbell school. Instructors said Robinson accomplished everything other participants did and trainers cut him no slack even though he lost part of his right leg on a deployment to Afghanistan in 2006.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #267
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Some ****ed up people in this world. Here we have people talking about how horrible the muslims are.

Better Dead Than Gay ← Moral Compass
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #268
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Some ****ed up people in this world. Here we have people talking about how horrible the muslims are.

Better Dead Than Gay ← Moral Compass
Not sure what you were trying to link to, but the story you did link to definitely belongs in the worst category. People can say what they want about our judicial system, but if the guy that ran his sick and twisted camp ran it in the US, he'd get the book thrown at him. And he would've been fully prosecuted for the deaths of the two kids, instead of getting off easily and being allowed to continue to run his camp, resulting in the death of a third kid. These stories are just getting more and more ridiculous.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #269
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man loses life savings on carnival game

A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

“It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” Gribbohm said. “You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back.’”

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

lololololololololololol
I once spent a little over $100 to win a GIANT dog that looked just like ours to surprise my new wife with.

I won it though. Seriously, it's like 6 feet tall and awesome. The kids love wrestling with it nowadays.

This stupidity was obviously before we had any kids, or even a house.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #270
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

good to see a lil of the best

More than 30 students at Scripps Ranch High School in San Diego have been suspended and will not be able to attend prom after they were filmed twerking for a kid at the school’s music video.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote