Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #256
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Rivera was basically hired as the GM and HC. I'm not holding him accountable for anything that happened before this year. He was brought in to restart this motherfucker. That always means some players are gonna be cut, etc. The situation is shitty by how it was handled with Gruden. No pretty way to handle it if he doesn't think Haskins is it. Let's see Allen this week and see if the offense looks way better.

Justin Fields > Trevor Lawrence

You heard it here 1st. I'm jumping back on the OSU horse.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #257
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I know some will scoff given the author, but it's hard to argue against much here

Dwayne Haskins benching: With no Washington advocates, young QB caught in vortex of organizational failure
Good article. Its hard to argue with anything in it. I'm not sure any young QB could be successful in this cluster F of an organization.

I also agree with you that RR is done with Haskins. I'm still not sold on RR. He is essentially a .500 coach. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see RR here in 2024.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #258
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Everything just seems like a shit show...first Haskins being chosen by the owner and NOT the football people in the org, then Jay handling of Haskins and now Ron telling me he wants to win now replacing Haskins but not a couple games ago where he didn’t use time outs to extend games.

Same ole shit

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #259
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Everything just seems like a shit show...first Haskins being chosen by the owner and NOT the football people in the org, then Jay handling of Haskins and now Ron telling me he wants to win now replacing Haskins but not a couple games ago where he didn’t use time outs to extend games.

Same ole shit
It sure is! If DH is being judged after his performance in 4 games I think RR can also be judged. He's also failing.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #260
skinsfan69
Living Legend

It's not just 4 games. They have seen him in practice everyday. They see things that we don't. Ron has been all over the place but it doesn't really matter. DH ain't his guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #261
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
It sure is! If DH is being judged after his performance in 4 games I think RR can also be judged. He's also failing.
He had 12 games of Allen last year. Think he knows more than anyone who the better qb is. On the failing note, he left Cal as the all time leader in sacks/tackles at the time and has taken the Panthers to the playoffs 4 times including the Super Bowl. Why don't you express your failing notion for him to Snyder or anyone else with deaf ears? He is the perfect coach to fix this shipwreck of a franchise.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #262
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dwayne unfollowed the team on all social media accounts lol
Old 10-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #263
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dwayne unfollowed the team on all social media accounts lol
Proves Rivera was wrong...that it took him 4 games to bench his candy ass. He's a manchild. I'd cut his ass tomorrow. He'll wash out of the league in a year or 2, and no one will give a fuck about his social media.

And I was on the Haskins wagon all the way through week 2 of this year. The dude is Peter Pan. Grow the fuck up.

Haskins - Write this down. Everyone in the NFL is talented. Your own teammate(s) told you the 3rd string guy was out working you. And you made no changes. Bye.

Name change: Felicia Haskins
Old 10-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #264
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Another bum 1st round bust QB. I read all the articles about him that has came out since the benching. So many warning signs and red flags, even going back to college days. And yet there we were, ready to give up a precious #1 pick when nobody else would have done the same. Hope RR cuts his ass from the team.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #265
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Have to give Jay Gruden props now
Old 10-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #266
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Have to give Jay Gruden props now
There is no need to get crazy!! It's only Thursday lol. Gruden has 100 other items to prove he had to go.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #267
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Another bum 1st round bust QB. I read all the articles about him that has came out since the benching. So many warning signs and red flags, even going back to college days. And yet there we were, ready to give up a precious #1 pick when nobody else would have done the same. Hope RR cuts his ass from the team.
AT LEAST WE DIDN'T TRADE UP FOR HIM!!

Give me Justin Fields in 2021.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:38 AM   #268
Warthog
The Starter

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post

You’re kidding right?

1. Dan Snyder picked Haskins. Yeah the same owner who picked RGIII over RUSSELL WILSON! Yeah, Jason Campbell, Ramsey, Jeff George, Hainesworth were all SNYDER hires? Gruden nor any other football person picked Haskins- just Snyder.

2. Gruden and the other football coaches saw Haskins as very raw and not NFL ready. Haskins was sulking at not having the first string QB position based on his draft pick number - he wasn’t studying and the like. Alex Smith sat Dwayne down and got him to start studying and getting him NFL ready.

3. Callahan didn’t think Haskins was NFL ready.

4. Haskins had two good final games last season.

5. Rivera sees Haskins all training camp. TC observers say Alex Smith was smoking Haskins in practice. Another sports radio observer said 20% of HASKIN’s passes were poor.

6. Sources, including a player, said that once Haskins was appointed into the QB spot he started to seriously slack off on film review and other things. The player said he saw Alex Smith coming into the practice facility before Haskins daily. Coaches told Haskins that without studying he’d never get good. He did not change but stayed on social media..

7. During the actual games this year, Haskins mechanics and footwork are awful. He rarely sets his feet, even with no close rushers, resulting in MISSING many passes on open WR / TE. Another team observer tallied all his throws and said 27% of Haskins passes were BAD. He rarely hits the WR in stride. Breaking bad habits takes time in the OFFSEASON, not in games where the footwork problems will get only get WORSE. Bad passes get the WR hurt or result in INT. Also, in the age of GREAT running QB, Haskin’s has been terrible at scrambling by taking huge sacks instead of ditching the ball.

8. Haskins hears rumors that he may be relieved and complains to his agent. Agent tweets a diatribe about how Dwayne got a raw deal, etc. More whining. Again, Dwayne selects spending time on social media over film study , practicing , etc.

8. Rivera and coaches decide Haskins is too raw and has bad study habit. This is the THIRD HC that thinks HASKINS is not ready for prime time.
But you know better?? Lol.

Rivera came in saying he wanted motivated players who are wanted to win! He let two GOOD players go who wanted to be elsewhere. Haskins DID NOT win the training camp QB competition- Alex Smith did. Once he was appointed to the starting QB he started slacking off in the practice facility - again beat by Alex Smith.

So you think a HC can turn around a 3 win team with a super-green QB in 4 games?

The bottom line is that Haskins is the of OHIO STATES awesome program. It had McLaurin and Chase Young to name a few on his team - both potentially Pro Bowlers in the NFL! Haskins was Uber-green with just one season of play and should never give been picked in the FIRST ROUND. FIRST ROUND is players who can START IMMEDIATELY in the NFL and potentially can be stars or superstars. Not a PROJECT PLAYER who will take a couple of years to develop and then may STILL be mediocre!! He should have been picked in the 2-4 round, NOT at the 15th pick!

THREE HEAD COACHES have spoken and and said Dwayne Haskins is not ready for the NFL. Maybe he’ll get a chance to start again, if he recovers and starts to study and improve his deficiencies! But after sending his agent on a rant, he’s now deleted ALL his social media ties to the WFT! Grow up, take your lumps - there will be other chances next year against the first round QB the RED Wolves draft next year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:16 AM   #269
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

They will trade him for a 6th or 7th soon
Old 10-09-2020, 08:17 AM   #270
rocnrik
Playmaker

Yea he is gone ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote