Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #256
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

No, the goal is for bleeding hearts to make sure that everyone gets insurance how Nancy Pelosi says they should get it.

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #257
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The Obama Care thread was closed so I'm posting this here. So I get a letter today from my Health Ins. provider saying they are going to cancel our policy because we did not fill out a form required by Obama Care. I had kept a copy of the form so I faxed it to them. What gets me is that they would actaully cancel my health ins for not fullfilling requirments for Obama Care. How the F&^K does that make sense? Isn't the goal to get people insured?
Sounds to me like the "Insurance Carrier" is inept,what makes you think Obama did it?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #258
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sounds to me like the "Insurance Carrier" is inept,what makes you think Obama did it?
Because I was told it was a mandated that the form be filled out for them to insure me and in my case to keep my policy.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #259
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Because I was told it was a mandated that the form be filled out for them to insure me and in my case to keep my policy.
What was the form about? And has filling them out harmed your business and your existing policy? Or are you simply annoyed that you have fill out a form?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #260
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Mandated or Mandatory either way doesn't mean it's Obamas fault.All Insurance carriers demand paperwork filled out and if it's not ,yes you get dropped.That was going on before Obamacare and it will go on after.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #261
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Mandated or Mandatory either way doesn't mean it's Obamas fault.All Insurance carriers demand paperwork filled out and if it's not ,yes you get dropped.That was going on before Obamacare and it will go on after.
Your missing the point. The paper work is new and now required by the federal gov. to comply with Obam Care. If I don't fill out the paper work they cancel my insurance and isn't the purpose of Obama Care to get more people insured?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #262
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Your missing the point. The paper work is new and now required by the federal gov. to comply with Obam Care. If I don't fill out the paper work they cancel my insurance and isn't the purpose of Obama Care to get more people insured?
The point I'm trying to make is no matter what your insurance there is paper work ,be it goverment or whoever,and it must be filled out or you get dropped.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #263
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

More costs of Obamacare, approx. $ 8-12M / yr. annually in the City of VB alone. Property taxes either go up or City services go down. This is happening throughout the country. So much for no tax increases on anyone making under $ 250K.

Enjoy, this is what the majority voted for.

Projected $46M deficit is slight relief to Beach leaders | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #264
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
More costs of Obamacare, approx. $ 8-12M / yr. annually in the City of VB alone. Property taxes either go up or City services go down. This is happening throughout the country. So much for no tax increases on anyone making under $ 250K.

Projected $46M deficit is slight relief to Beach leaders | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

....and the crying continues.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #265
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post

or they decide to stop spending to go after a pro NBA team or they stop paying for study after stupy for light rail. While I agree Obama care will hit everyones pockets the city is setting it up like its everyones fault but theirs when its running a deficit.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #266
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
No, the goal is for bleeding hearts to make sure that everyone gets insurance how Nancy Pelosi says they should get it.

I got mine. **** everybody else.

GOP should adopt this motto. Would suit them well.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #267
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
or they decide to stop spending to go after a pro NBA team or they stop paying for study after stupy for light rail. While I agree Obama care will hit everyones pockets the city is setting it up like its everyones fault but theirs when its running a deficit.
I'll be the last one to defend the NBA team debacle, and I voted against the Light Rail boondoggle. I'm pretty sure VB has to have a balanced budget by law.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #268
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Wonkbook: Some very good news for Obamacare

Wonkbook: Some very good news for Obamacare
Obamacare got some very good news on Thursday.
In 2009, the Congressional Budget Office predicted that a medium-level “silver” plan — which covers 70 percent of a beneficiary’s expected health costs — on the California health exchange would cost $5,200 annually. More recently, a report from the consulting firm Milliman predicted it would carry a $450 monthly premium. Yesterday, we got the real numbers. And they’re lower than anyone thought.
As always, Sarah Kliff has the details. The California exchange will have 13 insurance options, and the heavy competition appears to be driving down prices. The most affordable silver-level plan is charging $276-a-month. The second-most affordable plan is charging $294. And all this is before subsidies. Someone making twice the poverty line, say, will only pay $104-a-month.
Sparer plans are even cheaper. A young person buying the cheapest “bronze”-level plan will pay $172 — and that, again, is before any subsidies.
California is a particularly important test for Obamacare. It’s not just the largest state in the nation. It’s also one of the states most committed to implementing Obamacare effectively. Under Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger — remember how that really happened? — California was the first state to begin building its insurance exchanges. The state’s outreach efforts are unparalleled. Its insurance regulators are working hard to bring in good plans and make sure they’re playing fair. If California can’t make the law work, perhaps no one can. But if California can make the law work, it shows that others can, too.
And perhaps others will. We’re beginning to see competition drive down proposed rates in some exchanges around the country. Remember Maryland, where CareFirst grabbed headlines with a shocking 25 percent proposed increase in rates? More plans have streamed in with lower bids. Kaiser Permanente, for instance, is only increasing its rates next year by 4.3 percent — a modest increase that will make CareFirst’s proposal almost impossible to sustain. My guess is when the exchange actually opens in October, CareFirst will have dropped its price substantially. If they don’t, then Kaiser and others will grab all the market share.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #269
Giantone
Gamebreaker

More Good News on the Health Care Mandate.

Thanks To Obamacare, Major Insurers Have To Give Back $36 Million To California Small Businesses | ThinkProgress

"On Tuesday, Golden State small businesses and their employees got some great news: two of the state’s largest insurers will have to give them over $36 million in insurance rebates because of an Obamacare consumer protection.

The health law forces insurers to spend at least 80 percent of the premiums they charge on paying for actual medical services, rather than administrative overhead or profits. That means more money for ordinary consumers — and less for profitable insurance companies.

The so-called “80/20 rule” put $1.5 billion back into Americans’ pockets in 2011 alone. The average rebate was $151 per family across all insurance markets, and in states where insurers blatantly gouged prices, average rebates topped a whopping $500 per family.

Now, the benefits for Californians with small business health plans are beginning to materialize. Blue Shield of California will be forced to pay back $24.5 million in rebates. Anthem Blue Cross will have to pay back another $12 million.

While cheering the latest numbers as a victory for California small businesses and their employees, consumer advocates argue that the insurance industry should try harder to proactively lower costs for companies and individuals.

“Health insurers should work to cut upfront premiums rather than reimburse consumers afterward,” said Jon Fox, consumer advocate at the California Public Interest Research Group Education Fund, in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. “Millions of dollars in rebates are a clear sign that health insurers are overcharging consumers.” "