Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #256
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Still amazes me we got to this point where a reality tv star, a con man, a failed businessman, got elected to the highest office in the land and plenty of people were willing to follow him down any road he went, including a failed attempt to blatantly shit in the face of democracy. People literally died in the insurrection, blood all over this guy's hands, and people are still willing to look the other way. Simply amazing.

Yeah it is not forgotten nor will it ever be diminished in my mind. Trump tried to overthrow America. Walked away after it failed but first told them he loved them. Now he is thinking about running for President again? I cant even roll through a stop sign. But this guy attempted a coup? In what other world would that be possible?

PS if anyone is going to post that he had nothing to do with it or that wasn’t his intention get lost in advance.

I also don’t wanna hear Biden or any other President ever in the past or the future is a close second as far as bad presidents. The man tried to overthrow our government and our democracy. It was a coup. A planned coup. He might as well been standing up with his head out a tank leading the way. But we all know Trump would never lead anyone into battle physically because he is a pussy. He couldn’t even go pose at a church with a bible without the Army. What a fuckin pussy. Not discounting his bone spurs of course.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #257
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

WASHINGTON — Even by the standards of President Donald Trump, it was an extraordinary Oval Office showdown. On the agenda was Trump’s desire to install a loyalist as acting attorney general to carry out his demands for more aggressive investigations into his unfounded claims of election fraud.

On the other side during that meeting on the evening of Jan. 3 were the top leaders of the Justice Department, who warned Trump that they and other senior officials would resign en masse if he followed through. They received immediate support from another key participant: Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel. According to others at the meeting, Cipollone indicated that he and his top deputy, Patrick F. Philbin, would also step down if Trump acted on his plan.

Trump’s proposed plan, Cipollone argued, would be a “murder-suicide pact,” one participant recalled. Only near the end of the nearly three-hour meeting did Trump relent and agree to drop his threat.

Cipollone’s stand that night is among the new details contained in a lengthy interim report prepared by the Senate Judiciary Committee about Trump’s efforts to pressure the Justice Department to do his bidding in the chaotic final weeks of his presidency.

The report draws on documents, emails and testimony from three top Justice Department officials, including the acting attorney general for Trump’s last month in office, Jeffrey A. Rosen; the acting deputy attorney general, Richard P. Donoghue, and Byung J. Pak, who until early January was U.S. attorney in Atlanta. It provides the most complete account yet of Trump’s efforts to push the department to validate election fraud claims that had been disproved by the FBI and state investigators.

The interim report, expected to be released publicly this week, describes how Justice Department officials scrambled to stave off a series of events during a period when Trump was getting advice about blocking certification of the election from a lawyer he had first seen on television and the president’s actions were so unsettling that his top general and the House speaker discussed the nuclear chain of command.

“This report shows the American people just how close we came to a constitutional crisis,” Sen. Richard J. Durbin, D-Ill., and chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a statement. “Thanks to a number of upstanding Americans in the Department of Justice, Donald Trump was unable to bend the department to his will. But it was not due to a lack of effort.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-ci...120632391.html
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:46 PM   #258
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Trump says Witch hunt, burp, fake news….fart

Honestly people really have no idea what this guy tried to do. What his sick twisted mind is capable of.

It is what makes him far worse than any other President ever. No other President would entertain the idea of being a king/dictator/autocrat. They wouldn’t want it for themselves or for the country. There is no doubt in my mind that Trump wants it. He is trying to confuse his base about democrats and democracy, and honestly I think he has. He has convinced them that democrats are a threat to democracy so that he can kill democracy. So twisted.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-07-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #259
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If this can be proven ,he needs to go to jail!

https://news.yahoo.com/paul-gosar-as...033129864.html

Paul Gosar assured Jan. 6 protest organizers they would get a 'blanket pardon' while they were planning rallies: report

Rep. Paul Gosar offered protest organizers a "blanket pardon" to motivate them to plan rallies on Jan. 6, reported Rolling Stone.

Gosar told the organizers he had spoken with former President Donald Trump about the pardons, which were never realized.

The GOP congressman has defended US Capitol rioters before, saying they were "peaceful protestors."

GOP congressman Paul Gosar encouraged pro-Trump rally organizers to plan protests in Washington DC on January 6 by telling them they would get a "blanket pardon" for another, unrelated investigation, according to two of the protest's planners.

Gosar had repeatedly assured them of the pardons, to the point where they believed it was a "done deal," they told Rolling Stone in an exclusive released Sunday. Both organizers have been speaking with the congressional committee investigating the US Capitol riots, per Rolling Stone, and were kept anonymous. It is unclear what the original unrelated investigation mentioned by the pair was.

This is the same asshole who released that video and then said it was harmless , denied it said his staff did it, once his punishment is handed down he re posts the video . chico this is your republican party!

Last edited by Giantone; 11-18-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #260
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

When contacted, Paul Gosar offered up this defense; "nuh-uh, you can't prove it. Nah nah nah nah boo-boo, stick yo' head in doodoo."
Old 10-25-2021, 07:55 PM   #261
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

It is truly amazing how so many on the right turn away from what happened that day like it was just some little party that got a little outta hand. Lol

I cannot even imagine how involved Trump and a bunch of others were with all of it. Its fuckin treason. I pray that get each one of the fuckin traders.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #262
MTK
\m/

Still seems pretty light to me

Capitol rioter gets 41 months in longest Jan. 6 sentence
Old 11-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #263
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
IMO it should mandatory 10 years!
Old 11-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #264
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
IMO it should mandatory 10 years!
Most of them were just rubes/pawns and are the only ones taking a fall - My main issue is the DOJ not going after Trump and a couple of others within his circle. As more info comes out it does appear that Trump actually did try to execute a coup with Pence playing the key role that disrupted the attempt.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #265
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Most of them were just rubes/pawns and are the only ones taking a fall - My main issue is the DOJ not going after Trump and a couple of others within his circle. As more info comes out it does appear that Trump actually did try to execute a coup with Pence playing the key role that disrupted the attempt.
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-justifi...112935248.html

Jonathan Karl
American journalist
Trump in a new interview claimed that half of constitutional scholars support his false election claims.

"I'm telling you: 50/50, it's right down the middle for the top constitutional scholars when I speak to them," he told ABC News' Jonathan Karl.

Legal experts on both the left and right have said Trump's claim was unconstitutional - including one of Trump's impeachment lawyers.

Former President Donald Trump claimed in a new interview that half of constitutional scholars agree that former Vice President Mike Pence could have overturned his 2020 election loss, a move legal experts have routinely dismissed as an unconstitutional act likely to trigger a crisis.

Trump made the claim during an interview with ABC News' correspondent Jonathan Karl for his forthcoming book, "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show," slated for publication on November 16. Karl tweeted an audio snippet of the 90-minute interview on Friday.

"How can you - if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? - how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?" Trump told Karl about Pence's refusal to reject the election results when Congress met to certify them on January 6. "And I'm telling you: 50/50, it's right down the middle for the top constitutional scholars when I speak to them."
Old 11-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #266
MTK
\m/

buh bye douchebag

JUST IN: A federal judge has sentenced Jacob Chansley, the self-styled "QAnon shaman," to 41 months in prison for his role in the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:34 PM   #267
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
buh bye douchebag

JUST IN: A federal judge has sentenced Jacob Chansley, the self-styled "QAnon shaman," to 41 months in prison for his role in the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
Winner of best dressed in an insurrection

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #268
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
buh bye douchebag

Should do life like all of them, including Trump. Cops died because of these assholes.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #269
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Winner of best dressed in an insurrection

Trying not to find humor in any of this but that’s funny.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #270
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
buh bye douchebag

He has bigger problems now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...unt_for_qanon/