Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #256
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I mean you can't make this shit up: https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/co...e_are/fnstpyl/

Like that is publicly available data and sure as shit looks MAD suspicious.
Russians again? that's what I see in the thread...*sigh*

"The 80's called and they want there foreign policy back" - Obama 2012

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #257
SunnySide
Playmaker

Major U.S. restaurant chains have secured millions in government-backed loans that Congress created to keep small businesses afloat during the coronavirus pandemic.

Under the $349 billion Paycheck Protection Program, which ran out of money last week, Potbelly Corp., the nationwide sandwich shop chain, and Ruth's Hospitality Group, which operates a series of steakhouses, are among the big restaurants that have reported receiving loans. Prior to the virus outbreak, they reported employing thousands of workers.

Congress established the program for businesses that employ fewer than 500 workers in the $2.2 trillion CARES Act. But restaurants and hotels were granted some flexibility in the legislation — so long as they employed no more than 500 workers at any single location, they could apply for the aid.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/bi...organ-backlash

Not sure how I view this. Ideally huge companies like Ruth Chris steakhouse wouldn’t get PPP money ... but if they use it to keep employees on the payroll, thousands of employees on the payroll ... doesn’t that mean regular joes and janes are still employed and getting a paycheck vs being laid off?

Perhaps they will just take the super low interest loan and not worry about qualifying for a write off.

I just can’t see Ruth Chris restaurants even being open right now so how could they still employ people if there is no work to do?

Good for shake shack to give back the money.

Also read an article JP Chase didn’t process loans on first come first served as required and “shuffled” the applications giving the biggest loan requests priority bc they got a bigger fee out of it.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #258
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Major U.S. restaurant chains have secured millions in government-backed loans that Congress created to keep small businesses afloat during the coronavirus pandemic.

Under the $349 billion Paycheck Protection Program, which ran out of money last week, Potbelly Corp., the nationwide sandwich shop chain, and Ruth's Hospitality Group, which operates a series of steakhouses, are among the big restaurants that have reported receiving loans. Prior to the virus outbreak, they reported employing thousands of workers.

Congress established the program for businesses that employ fewer than 500 workers in the $2.2 trillion CARES Act. But restaurants and hotels were granted some flexibility in the legislation — so long as they employed no more than 500 workers at any single location, they could apply for the aid.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/bi...organ-backlash

Not sure how I view this. Ideally huge companies like Ruth Chris steakhouse wouldn’t get PPP money ... but if they use it to keep employees on the payroll, thousands of employees on the payroll ... doesn’t that mean regular joes and janes are still employed and getting a paycheck vs being laid off?

Perhaps they will just take the super low interest loan and not worry about qualifying for a write off.

I just can’t see Ruth Chris restaurants even being open right now so how could they still employ people if there is no work to do?

Good for shake shack to give back the money.

Also read an article JP Chase didn’t process loans on first come first served as required and “shuffled” the applications giving the biggest loan requests priority bc they got a bigger fee out of it.
If you are talking about a bank that broke the law or business circumvented the application...Thank you to the existing Controls and Regs that are effectively working. I think its Wells Fargo by the way.

Side note:

I cant get over people who are mad the response but want the Government to run healthcare industry.

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2020, 02:38 PM   #259
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nothing more dumb right now than people out protesting the stay at home orders, like seriously WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. She is kind of hot.

2. She is kind of dumb, the mask is to protect others not to protect yourself and she supports Trump

3. I still do her. =)
Old 04-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #260
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Russians again? that's what I see in the thread...*sigh*

"The 80's called and they want there foreign policy back" - Obama 2012
Just putting it out there for comment. I mean there's legit info you can glean from that (obviously tons of conspiracy theory stuff in there as well). Regardless, someONE (or group) is just making a shit ton of these sites? I mean that is MAD fishy.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #261
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Just putting it out there for comment. I mean there's legit info you can glean from that (obviously tons of conspiracy theory stuff in there as well). Regardless, someONE (or group) is just making a shit ton of these sites? I mean that is MAD fishy.
sure...but its probably a conservative group setting these up, trying to spread the "open up the state" movement with other conservative groups around the country. Who knows? We saw progressive "astroturf" the same type of way paying protesters "per diem" to protest the Kavanaugh nomination. Its similar tactics used by both sides.

I will say this...I know a progressive married couple in Richmond and they are on board with the open the state up movement. Folks, like it or not, working affects both Dems and Reps, Left wingers, right wingers...people are struggling. If you have seen the food drives in Maryland and Texas...cars lined up for miles, that's a real thing.

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #262
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
1. She is kind of hot.

2. She is kind of dumb, the mask is to protect others not to protect yourself and she supports Trump

3. I still do her. =)
I oppose nose bull rings and those disgusting gaping ear hole piercings in every way possible. Like WTF would anyone voluntarily do that to their ears for.

That being said, I still agree with No. 3.

I'd still do her too lol!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #263
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Russia and China both want our country to have infighting, discord, and economic problems. That applies to Democrats and Republicans. They do a good job of getting us to fight each other rather than realizing the truth. They are against all of us and will use any means necessary. We gotta unite the clans.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #264
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
sure...but its probably a conservative group setting these up, trying to spread the "open up the state" movement with other conservative groups around the country. Who knows? We saw progressive "astroturf" the same type of way paying protesters "per diem" to protest the Kavanaugh nomination. Its similar tactics used by both sides.

I will say this...I know a progressive married couple in Richmond and they are on board with the open the state up movement. Folks, like it or not, working affects both Dems and Reps, Left wingers, right wingers...people are struggling. If you have seen the food drives in Maryland and Texas...cars lined up for miles, that's a real thing.
I identify as a democrat and I am on board with the protests. In SOME of the states, i feel the governors have went too far. Who comes in and saves the people if a Governor were to go crazy? Is there anything that lets the Feds take over? Just a few days ago Michigan's governor told people that if they kept protesting, she would make the lockdowns go on even longer if they kept it up. So in a pissing match like that, who saves the citizens if the Governor sets out to deny them their basic freedoms out of spite?
Old 04-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #265
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If you are talking about a bank that broke the law or business circumvented the application...Thank you to the existing Controls and Regs that are effectively working. I think its Wells Fargo by the way.

Side note:

I cant get over people who are mad the response but want the Government to run healthcare industry.
chico a little something Pelosi is trying to correct but hey screw it ,right?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/harva...033517131.html

Harvard University, already supported by a massive $41 billion endowment, is getting nearly $9 million in taxpayer aid from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, the U.S. Department of Education announced.

Under the terms of the payout from CARES’ Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, at least half of the $8.7 million earmarked for Harvard must be reserved for emergency financial grants to students, according to the Harvard Crimson, which was the first to report the aid.

But at least some of that money — which could be used to cover tuition payments and course materials — would also end up in Harvard coffers. The funds would also likely be spent on extra technology, food and housing costs that students incurred amid “disruptions in their education” due to COVID-19, according to CARES provisions
Old 04-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #266
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Side note:

I’ve been reading about J.P. Morgan chase. They are one of two banks in California getting sued. In addition to Wells Fargo, b of a etc

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...us/5163654002/

There’s a difference between being mad ... and trying to read and understand an issue.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #267
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I’ve been reading about J.P. Morgan chase. They are one of two banks in California getting sued. In addition to Wells Fargo, b of a etc

There’s a difference between being mad ... and trying to read and understand an issue.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/we...-program-loans

Wells Fargo just can't stop fucking up. They manage our 401K at my job. Hopefully their investment practices are better than their banking practices.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #268
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
So in a pissing match like that, who saves the citizens if the Governor sets out to deny them their basic freedoms out of spite?
The Governor does what is right for the people,even if they are too stupid to understand for themselves,it's why she was elected,it's her job.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #269
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

SS this doesn’t speak to pelosi holding up the funding or a reason...all these entities qualified appropriately for funding as well as without a known KYC biased based. I think it’s gonna fairly obvious if they misappropriated funds based on approvals ...it was directed as first come for serve...this will be an easy audit to see if their is any bases for the suit.

I didn’t know about chase...Wells Fargo was having issues 3 weeks ago, no surprise there.

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #270
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

SS this doesn’t speak to pelosi holding up the funding or a reason...all these entities qualified appropriately for funding as well as without a known KYC biased based. I think it’s gonna fairly obvious if they misappropriated funds based on approvals ...it was directed as first come for serve...this will be an easy audit to see if their is any bases for the suit.

I didn’t know about chase...Wells Fargo was having issues 3 weeks ago, no surprise there.

He Gets Us