Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #241
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
He is under contract for 2 more years. He can't "leave." He ultimately has three choices:
1) Play and receive nearly 30 million dollars over the next two years.
2) Hold out and lose 30 million dollars over the next two years, and become a free agent in 2021 at 33 years old. He will never make back the money he missed.
3) Retire and lose 30 million over the next two years. The redskins hold his right forever, so he can never sign with another team.
So is this a contract situation or a health injury situation ?

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #242
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So is this a contract situation or a health injury situation ?
There was only one "report" alleging it was completely about the medical situation with the tumor and he'd vowed to never play for the team again. But this came from a source that is not particularly credible. Within 24 hours, numerous credible sources refuted that report.

That said, we honestly don't know for sure because Trent hasn't spoken publicly, and even if he did, we couldn't trust him because players say all sorts of things when engaged in a holdout.

Based on the limited information we have, my guess is that the tumor on his head gave him a scare (as it would anyone). He realized life is short, he only has a few years left to make significant money, and he needs to make the most of it. He sees Oakland make a lesser player the highest played o-lineman in the league and he looks at the skins situation behind him. Nseke left for Buffalo. Geron Christian is still hurt. Erick Flowers looks horrible. Williams and his agent likely realized he will never have more leverage than he does now, so they decided to use it.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #243
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
There was only one "report" alleging it was completely about the medical situation with the tumor and he'd vowed to never play for the team again. But this came from a source that is not particularly credible. Within 24 hours, numerous credible sources refuted that report.

That said, we honestly don't know for sure because Trent hasn't spoken publicly, and even if he did, we couldn't trust him because players say all sorts of things when engaged in a holdout.

Based on the limited information we have, my guess is that the tumor on his head gave him a scare (as it would anyone). He realized life is short, he only has a few years left to make significant money, and he needs to make the most of it. He sees Oakland make a lesser player the highest played o-lineman in the league and he looks at the skins situation behind him. Nseke left for Buffalo. Geron Christian is still hurt. Erick Flowers looks horrible. Williams and his agent likely realized he will never have more leverage than he does now, so they decided to use it.

Well, don’t worry. Bruce Allen “knows the truth”. He’s got everything under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #244
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Well, don’t worry. Bruce Allen “knows the truth”. He’s got everything under control.

When I heard that I thought 1 thing: horseshit.

He Gets Us
Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #245
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
If TW is wanting a new contract, and his agent has put out information to try and help him get a new contract, TW would be a complete idiot to "clear the air." What could he possibly have to gain by saying anything publically?

The thing some here are having a hard time remembering is that all these "reports" are ultimately meaningless. The only thing that matters is what's been said in the private conversations that TW and/or his agent have had with the team.

Neither side has anything to gain by making public statements. And while everyone is getting all worked up about this, we must remember that there is really nothing remarkable about the reports we've heard. Its the same kind of stuff that happens between dozens of players and their teams every year. There is no reason to be overly concerned until we get to maybe week 3 of the preseason.

Do you honestly believe he is making things up about our medical doctors and bluffing about leaving for a new contract? That happens all the time? What is the point of that? Players hold out for new contracts all the time without such charades. He is sick and tired of this idiot franchise and he aint never setting foot on a field in the B&G again....
Old 06-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #246
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When I heard that I thought 1 thing: horseshit.
Precisely
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #247
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Do you honestly believe he is making things up about our medical doctors and bluffing about leaving for a new contract? That happens all the time? What is the point of that? Players hold out for new contracts all the time without such charades. He is sick and tired of this idiot franchise and he aint never setting foot on a field in the B&G again....
I would believe this if his decision was on principle only. But unfortunately for him that's not the case. His decision involves millions and millions of dollars and the quality of his life now and the future.

So this will be interesting how this pans out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #248
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
I would believe this if his decision was on principle only. But unfortunately for him that's not the case. His decision involves millions and millions of dollars and the quality of his life now and the future.

So this will be interesting how this pans out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nothing is going to be interesting, as we all know how this is going to end. Washington is going to grossly miss handle the entire situation, and Bruce Allen is going to fuck this up. We will be left with a scrub left tackle by opening day, while our rookie quarterback gets hammered from behind. Then Snyder will promote Allen again....

At some point you really do have to feel bad for Jay Gruden. He really can’t catch a break. He’s already lost foster for the year, and now the best player on the entire team probably

Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #249
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Nothing is going to be interesting, as we all know how this is going to end. Washington is going to grossly miss handle the entire situation, and Bruce Allen is going to fuck this up. We will be left with a scrub left tackle by opening day, while our rookie quarterback gets hammered from behind

At some point you really do have to feel bad for Jay Gruden. He really can’t catch a break. He’s already lost foster for the year, and now the best player on the entire team probably

Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #250
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

He knows more than we do because he talked to Trent directly about it. He also did not refute any of the "reports" out there and refrained from commenting on things. He actually handled that particular exchange very well.

This should be something that the team and Trent's agent work out directly and privately - not through the media.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #251
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This post encapsulates everything that is wrong with our country today. Whether its sports, politics, social issues, celebrity news, etc. People receive a sliver of information from their preferred clearly biased media source, get all riled up over a distorted version of events, and dig in deep on one side or the other.

You claim Trent is upset with the medical staff, sick of this franchise, thinks its an "idiot" franchise, and is never going to wear a redskins uniform again...

The claims you are making don't from Trent. Some of them come from a report that has since been refuted. Others, you've made up yourself. You are obviously projecting your own issues with the team onto Trent, and its clearly distorting your ability to view to analyze the situation reasonably.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #252
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Things have quieted down a bunch, I'd imagine Bruce reached out to Trent or his agent, just assuming here but there hasn't been any other "trade demands"
Old 06-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #253
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
This post encapsulates everything that is wrong with our country today. Whether its sports, politics, social issues, celebrity news, etc. People receive a sliver of information from their preferred clearly biased media source, get all riled up over a distorted version of events, and dig in deep on one side or the other.

You claim Trent is upset with the medical staff, sick of this franchise, thinks its an "idiot" franchise, and is never going to wear a redskins uniform again...

The claims you are making don't from Trent. Some of them come from a report that has since been refuted. Others, you've made up yourself. You are obviously projecting your own issues with the team onto Trent, and its clearly distorting your ability to view to analyze the situation reasonably.
Thank you for posting this. A lot of us know the dysfunction of our team, but some people here are too quick to believe everything they read/hear from people whose job is to get fans riled up so they can get ratings/clicks.

When there are contract disputes and holdouts, there are always pieces of misinformation out there leaked by the player's agent and the team. It always happens, regardless of the team.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #254
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Slow your roll man. Lol. Really I doubt my post encapsulates everything wrong with the universe. Haha. I am simply pointing out that players hold out all the time without some over the top stories made up for leverage, which btw is what you said! So it is ok for you to sight his “alleged” words to back up your point but not mine? Ok.
Also, who has refuted anything? Last I checked a teammate had backed it up.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #255
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Thank you for posting this. A lot of us know the dysfunction of our team, but some people here are too quick to believe everything they read/hear from people whose job is to get fans riled up so they can get ratings/clicks.

When there are contract disputes and holdouts, there are always pieces of misinformation out there leaked by the player's agent and the team. It always happens, regardless of the team.

Im simply stating my opinion. Which is that TW had a problem with our medical staff, and is unhappy with his contract, and I believe he will never play for us again. That he is done with this train wreck franchise and wants out. Is that actually out of the realm of possibilities? Im not the one making up conspiracy theories that he is using a medical misdiagnosis for leverage on a contract. Lol.
Closed Thread