Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #241
44Deezel
The Starter

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Excellent play calling yesterday by the younger Shanahan. Great quarterback play from Robert Griffin III. Nice hard running by Alfred Morris. Tremendous route running and executing in the passing game by Pierre Garcon, Fred Davis, and Santana Moss. Although the Redskins defense allowed Drew Brees to pass for over 300 yards, the defense did a tremendous job defending against those explosive Saints weapons. For now the Redskins are ranked #1 in the NFL in total offense and 16th in defense. I'm very proud of the coaches and the players. This team could be very special this year.
Brees would have thrown for 300 plus yards playing from behind against any team in the NFL. He will give Defenses opportunities though, and the Skins could have done a better job of making him pay. Linebacker or not, Orakpo needs to catch that ball, and I believe there was at least one other ball that should have been picked off. We could have totally demoralized him and won going away. Nevertheless, it was an awesome, awesome win!

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #242
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Even beyond Campbell, the team as a whole perform better and didn't have the usual deficiencies from the past. The o-line protected, WRs caught passes, the defense put pressure on the opposing team's passing game, and we won the turnover batter.
I remember thinking the Skins were winning despite Campbell, not because of him. The games were low scoring squeakers... nothing like what we saw yesterday. Anything is possible, but yesterday had all the markings of a dramatic sea change in Washington. Many of us were predicting Campbell to be a career backup even when they were winning with him. Go ahead, check the archives

Last edited by 44Deezel; 09-11-2012 at 05:19 AM.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #243
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
All Im saying is I dont want too get too excited over 1 game.Remember how excited you were over Mcnabbs performance against Houston? At least I was,I thought we had finally got a qb
Dont forget kent graham against denver! Dude i understand its one game but here is the difference. Even if mcnabb turned out to be a pro bowler again he wasnt 22 years old.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #244
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Going into the final two NFL games tonight, the Redskins are ranked #1 in the NFL in total offense.
Just when i thought i was gonna stop smiling you pull me back in.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #245
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
So much to say about our big win I could write for an hour!!

Our offense is the best "surprise" I've had in years. RGIII's poise, decision-making, arm streng, accuracy, speed/quickness and fakes are extraordinary. My only concern is that he saw contact on a few of those 10 runs. I hope to see him slide and get out of bounds instead. Kyle's play-calling and scheme were nearly perfect and easily his best so far. These guys have chemistry. My favs on Morris the horse and Robinson, though I think as the season progresses Davis will get more work than he did yesterday. Garcon too if he can stay healthy.

Defensively we are a force to be reckoned with. The front 7 is very stout run or pass. I think the secondary is performing at a high level based on great coaching/motivation. These guys play smart and aggressive and will earn a lot of respect from QBs/OCs over the season.
Dont worry about the hits so much - sometimes a guy who hangs in the pocket takes even more punishment. Unlike dumb vick this guy at least tries to get out of bounds and he throws the ball away. He is not at any greater risk than other qb's of getting hit. Maybe even less because of his illusiveness and smarts.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #246
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
As far as that is concerned, I'm a bit concerned about the more stellar defenses that this Redskins offense will face this season. The Ravens, the Steelers, the Eagles, and Cowboys all have very good defenses. I'm overlooking the NYG already because Rex Grossman had magical performances against them last season. If Grossman could scorch the Giants defense, what do you think RG3 will do to them?

I'm more concerned with the Cowboys and Ravens.
Look at what kind of points the saints gave up at home in the dome last year. Only gave up more than twenty points twice! That defense at home is not a joke.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #247
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Great write up on RG3 by Don Banks at SI

Robert Griffin III, Redskins shock Saints behind rookie's dazzling debut - Don Banks - SI.com
Old 09-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #248
That Guy
Living Legend

banks managed a muff and a fumble. I wish his talent translated.

as for the #2, has to be kyle. if garcon stayed in he could have had a 200+ yd day, but he didn't, so kyle, who i've ripped quite often the last two years.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #249
Kindoy
The Starter

Voted for Gomes, he stepped up and played like a stud when his name was called on. He really filled the void and then some left by Merriweather and Jackson. Hopefully he can keep this up and make us forget about our safety problems.

Honorable mention goes to Sundberg just because what he did was plain awesome, especially after seeing the Raiders long snapping situation tonight. Gotta give a long snapper props whenever you can, they don't get much chance to shine.

Alfred Morris played well, but he didn't do anything that really impressed me. Avergage YPC, but he did have a couple nice runs. I'm just not totally convinced that Helu or Royster wouldn't have done better had they got those touches. Nice to see Morris perform when he got the chance and not screw anything up.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #250
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dont worry about the hits so much - sometimes a guy who hangs in the pocket takes even more punishment. Unlike dumb vick this guy at least tries to get out of bounds and he throws the ball away. He is not at any greater risk than other qb's of getting hit. Maybe even less because of his illusiveness and smarts.
Every QB takes hits in the pocket, often times right after they release the ball. The hits when he was running seemed to be the least harmful ones he took. At least he didn't get his nose busted like Brady
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #251
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Had to record it as I was out with the In-Laws in Estes Park. Great game. D held up ok against a potent offense. I didn't think we could win in a "shootout" against Brees and Company, but we found a way to put up 40 points. Didn't expect that.

I voted Morris, but there aren't enough game balls to go around. Fletcher saved a TD, Rak saved a TD with a batted ball, Cundiff was solid, O-line was good against an "ok" D-line, receivers stepped up and made plays, secondary was pretty solid with a few mistakes. Overall can't be happier than to go into NO and come away with a W. Great start to the season and LOTS of work still to do.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but was Cousins the backup? I thought I saw Grossman in street clothes at one point.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #252
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cousins is the back up...which in my opinion...is not smart. Why is Rex on the roster if he is the 3rd string QB? Shanny kinda surprised everybody with that move, I really dont think Cousins outplayed Rex. And I really dont think Shanny is a Rex fan, I think Kyle is the fan and Shanny just over ruled him and said Cousins is the back up.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #253
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Game ball: Cofield
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #254
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Reposted link from another thread:

Playbook Page: The Education of RG3 | SportsonEarth.com : Mike Tanier Article
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #255
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Have we heard any more about Garcon's injury? They mentioned that it had "lis franc" like symptoms. I will tell you that would be bad, very bad.

I had surgery on that in February, 2011 and it is essentially a torn ligament between the metatarsil bones in your foot. Feels a lot like a bruise until it swells and feels like a sprain. It can also be hard to detect unless you look at the bone structure of both feet. If it's caught early and operated on before the ligament begins to heal in the torn position, it can be fixed but it's not a guarranteed. I waited over six months (tore it in June, 2010) and, a year and half out, my foot is still not the same.

I imagine they have really good Docs who would know what to look for but I haven't heard anything definitive.