Parkland Shooting

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #241
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Nope. They are perfectly fine for hunting. They are no more powerful than other semiautomatic hunting rifles with the same caliber, and even less powerful than say a 30.06 or .300 which are commonly used to hunt big game.
or just use a bow and arrow

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2022, 03:14 PM   #242
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nope. They are perfectly fine for hunting. They are no more powerful than other semiautomatic hunting rifles with the same caliber, and even less powerful than say a 30.06 or .300 which are commonly used to hunt big game.
I know a couple dozen hunters and not one hunts with an AR-15. Not animals anyway.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #243
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
or just use a bow and arrow
Or Black powder, shotgun. A Bow or these take skill as a Hunter but we are to believe that spraying 25 bullets a min is more sporting.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #244
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I know a couple dozen hunters and not one hunts with an AR-15 .
I think he is referring to big game but sounds like you can use it for normal hunting as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiiqaDjmlpw

Kind of a good watch my gun knowledge is limited to video games.

Call me crazy but when i see/hear stories of grade school children getting torn up and the wake of devastation it leaves, i have a knee jerk reaction to band anything and anyone who caused such immense pain.

I also believe even with my limited knowledge the AR 15 certainly helped increase the body counts in these shootings.

Just something has to be done to stop this. It boils down in my mind to the amount guns out there and the lack of mental health care in this country.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:37 PM   #245
MTK
\m/

There's a theme here I just don't know what it is though

Boulder: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Aurora Co: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
San Bernadino: AR-15
Midland/Odessa: AR-15
Poway Synagogue: AR-15
Sutherland Springs: AR-15
Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15
Buffalo: AR-15
Uvalde: AR-15
Old 06-01-2022, 04:00 PM   #246
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

............but,but it's my right !
Old 06-01-2022, 04:05 PM   #247
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think he is referring to big game but sounds like you can use it for normal hunting as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiiqaDjmlpw

Kind of a good watch my gun knowledge is limited to video games.

Call me crazy but when i see/hear stories of grade school children getting torn up and the wake of devastation it leaves, i have a knee jerk reaction to band anything and anyone who caused such immense pain.

I also believe even with my limited knowledge the AR 15 certainly helped increase the body counts in these shootings.

Just something has to be done to stop this. It boils down in my mind to the amount guns out there and the lack of mental health care in this country.

We agree but the gun nuts won't allow any change. As we speak there are States relaxing gun regulations......actually making it easier not harder to buy guns. No Child should have to go to school under arm guard but that is the answer from the gun lobby more guns. Their answer to everything is more guns.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:22 PM   #248
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I know a couple dozen hunters and not one hunts with an AR-15. Not animals anyway.
This is the kind of ignorance that plagues this great nation. Just because in your small circle, no one uses an AR 15 to hunt, does not mean that AR 15s are not used to hunt - animals.

Just so you know, a bear does shit in the woods too.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #249
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

How many years does that list of 14 shootings span?

How many other shootings or attacks were there during that same time period that did not involve an AR 15?
Old 06-01-2022, 04:32 PM   #250
MTK
\m/

14 examples aren't enough huh

is there really a doubt as to what the weapon of choice is when it comes to mass shootings
Old 06-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #251
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
14 examples aren't enough huh

is there really a doubt as to what the weapon of choice is when it comes to mass shootings
Do you really believe that if we completely took away AR 15s that these mentally ill individuals won't resort to some other form of violence, that they won't gravitate towards a different weapon of choice?

The sooner we can all agree that it's not the gun's fault, the sooner we'll be able to work towards a solution to put an end to the needless violent attacks on innocent people.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:50 PM   #252
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Do you really believe that if we completely took away AR 15s that these mentally ill individuals won't resort to some other form of violence, that they won't gravitate towards a different weapon of choice?

The sooner we can all agree that it's not the gun's fault, the sooner we'll be able to work towards a solution to put an end to the needless violent attacks on innocent people.
I will say I rather take my chances against a butter knife then a AR 15
Old 06-01-2022, 07:20 PM   #253
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

The same people saying we need to do a better job with mental health are the same people cutting mental health funding and laughing at the idea of sending out mental health counselors with PD on specific calls.

I'd sure as hell rather face a mass shooter with a 9mm than an AR-15.

Honestly I don't even know why I bother. This whole fucking discussion is stupid as fuck. You and so many other conservatives are so hardline against doing anything to make AR-15's slightly less accessible to nutjobs with no criminal records - there's no point in having this discussion.

Let's start at the source! Mental health is so terrible in this country! We need to figure out why these assholes keep doing this! Oh btw - the Dems proposed a budget with too much mental health funding - and we don't want to lose the support of our voters by compromising on them with anything - so we gotta shut that shit down. Talk is cheap.

Let's arm teachers! Great - so when the cops arrive they see a guy with a gun shooting at another person with a gun! Do we hold teachers liable if a stray from them kills one of the kids they're trying to be protecting? Do they need another license to carry in schools in addition to a license to teach? What do we do when an armed teacher shoots one of their kids because they're absolutely sick and tired of their working conditions? Or they pull a gun on a parent because the parent is sick and tired of the public schools teaching BLM/CRT/LGBTQ+ agenda?

I know! Let's build schools with only one accessible door from the outside! Or hire veterans to stand guard at every school every day! Nevermind you aren't even willing to fund teachers enough so they get paid fairly or have enough supplies for all their students.

Ya'll are so quick to put up any idea that doesn't involve making a gun a little harder to get. You'll do anything! Except blame the poor gun for being so goddamn easy to get. It's such a bad faith argument. I'm out. Don't bother responding.

Edit: Titus ftw

Last edited by mooby; 06-01-2022 at 08:29 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:05 AM   #254
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I will say I rather take my chances against a butter knife then a AR 15
Who wouldn't?
Old 06-02-2022, 12:40 AM   #255
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Are you sure some of these weren't AR15 "style" rifles. I've seen some mass shooting reporting the use of AR style rifles (including Uvalde).

That said what sort of solutions/mitigation do you recommend? I'm conservative but am not opposed to gun regulations if they make sense.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote