Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Parking Lot

Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #241
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: The Best and Worst Of Our Future

Quote:
CBS wanted to get some photographs and video of the team. It was to assemble those shots and video you see on television as the network cuts out to commercials, and when it comes back and surrounds game statistics and such with players. They are the photos and video where the players are walking through smoke or striking a pose. The producers asked for the five starters for their shots.

As they were assembling the team, coaches, and agenda, Theus pulled Day aside:

"Scott, it's all of us or none of us."
Quote:
The shoot begins, and with 13 players as opposed to five, inevitably things are dragging a bit. The producers begin picking up the pace and pressure to finish up so everyone can get out of there. But Theus again won't budge.

You see, it was important to Theus that CBS include Torey Burston--the VCU walk on who gives effort every day alongside the scholarship athletes--in the individual shots. The implication was clear. It was all of them or none of them.

Theus wanted to make sure that every single player who puts on a VCU uniform and gives the spirit that Shaka Smart talks about from the bench was part of this moment. To Theus, it was about the team, not scholarship status.
Leadership Matters...Or, The Beauty of the Senior Point Guard... - VCU Hoops

Darius Theus = Best of our future.

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #242
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting

Definitely the worst. This kid is truly either evil or a mental case. Probably both.

Quote:
At one point, he swiveled around in his chair toward the gallery where his own family members and those of the slain teenagers were sitting and spoke suddenly, surprising even his lawyer.

"The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory," he said, then cursed at and raised his middle finger toward the victims' relatives.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #243
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting

Definitely the worst. This kid is truly either evil or a mental case. Probably both.
Any way to upgrade that sentence to death?

This guy is in need of a needle as well:

Mom to teenage son accused of shooting baby: 'I love you' - CNN.com

Quote:
"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, 'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby,'" she told reporters.

One boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.

West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."
Its things like this that make me wish hell was real.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #244
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Katelyn's Hospital Prom

Katelyn couldn't make it to the personal prom set up for her later that night due to difficulty breathing, so the prom was brought to her as a surprise in a converted room next to hers in the ICU. All photos courtesy Michael Dayah.
Katelyn's Hospital Prom - Imgur

Amazing family, friends, and staff at the hospital.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #245
firstdown
Living Legend

We kind of know this but it was on MSN's web page today. Sad people try to do right and help people who take advantage to their kindness. This is a fine example why all my charity work goes toward children.

Barefoot homeless guy apparently has apartment, 30 pairs of shoes
1 hr ago Jeffrey Hillman, better known as "the guy in that viral photo that a cop gave all those shoes and socks to," was recently profiled by the New York Post counting a stack of bills on the way back from "work" in Times Square. The Rev. John Graf, who says he pays Hillman's utility bills, admits that Hillman has 30 pairs of shoes in his Bronx apartment and has been "working the streets … for years," reportedly making up to $1,000 a day. NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly offers the most levelheaded take on this news: "That's life in New York. ... But it was a generous act of kindness." He's right: Let's focus on the good in people, not the bad. [Source] [Source]

Last edited by firstdown; 03-28-2013 at 12:12 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #246
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Dragonfly robots.....very cool!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #247
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

How would you feel if your kid's basketball coach was throwing basketballs at his head and calling him a... well, a not so nice F word?

Looks like that's going on at Rutgers.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #248
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Ohio man sentenced to death for Craigslist plot

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A self-styled street preacher was sentenced to death Thursday in the killings of three down-and-out men lured by bogus job offers posted on Craigslist.

The jury that convicted Richard Beasley of murder recommended that he face execution. The judge had the option of reducing the sentence to life in prison.

Beasley, 53, was convicted of teaming up with a teenager in 2011 to use the promise of jobs on a southeast Ohio farm to lure them into robberies. Three men were killed, and a fourth who was wounded testified at Beasley's trial.

Certainly a candidate for 'Scum of the Earth' here.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #249
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Ohio man sentenced to death for Craigslist plot

AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A self-styled street preacher was sentenced to death Thursday in the killings of three down-and-out men lured by bogus job offers posted on Craigslist.

The jury that convicted Richard Beasley of murder recommended that he face execution. The judge had the option of reducing the sentence to life in prison.

Beasley, 53, was convicted of teaming up with a teenager in 2011 to use the promise of jobs on a southeast Ohio farm to lure them into robberies. Three men were killed, and a fourth who was wounded testified at Beasley's trial.

Certainly a candidate for 'Scum of the Earth' here.
Well, at least his future is pre-determined from here on out. The only thing he'll be doing until his death will be continuing to be a burden on taxpayers.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #250
firstdown
Living Legend

Lets switch over to Best. Most didn't know who Ware was until his leg snapped on national TV Sunday afternoon. Here is a great interview with him and how his thoughts were on his team and not himself when this happened. I'm sure his parents are proud of this young man.

FOX Sports Video - FOX News: Ware speaks with Shepard Smith
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #251
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Staying with the "best", a big salute goes out to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

"Today at the University of Nebraska's spring football game, a 7 year old boy with brain cancer was brought onto the field and given the football for one play. The emotion in this picture is beautiful."

Old 04-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #252
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Team Rubicon:

Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams.

Please take time to read about this group and all the good work they do. If you have cash to spare this would be a great, tax deductible, way to help.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #253
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Special Moment At East Carolina Spring Game - ESPN Video - ESPN

Good work Pirates!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #254
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Sadly time for a worst moment:
Infant Used As Shield: Raleigh Reynolds Arrested After Using 7-Month-Old Son As Human Shield, Police Say
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #255
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Well played, Willow Foundation!