Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.12%
Hate it 17 25.76%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2022, 09:36 AM   #241
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Keep telling yourself that.
Ben Standig
@BenStandig
·
48m
Keep hearing folks say the shocking part from the Colts' end is Frank Reich signing off on the trade one year after pushing for Wentz when it seems apparent Reich was open to running it back. The owner and others were done with the QB
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2022, 09:36 AM   #242
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You're always going to pay a premium in a trade for a QB. Always.

If he hits the street as a free agent your chance of getting him goes down significantly.

Desperate move? Of course it's fucking desperate, are we forgetting what a joke we've been at QB since Kirk left? Couple that with a weak QB class and yeah, of course Ron was desperate to upgrade at QB.

Wentz has a lot to prove this year, if he blows it his starting days are probably done.
The more I think about it the better I feel about it. He is an improvement, we don't have to worry about trading draft capital to trade up to get our guy this year in what is considered a weak class. If he pans out great we have a solid middle of the road QB for middle of the road price. If he doesn't we probably have a solid draft pick in a deeper QB class in 2023.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #243
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub

The available vet QB situation is getting grim. Jimmy G Winston and maybe Mariota. And the Bucs Saints Steelers all need a QB. If we kept waiting we were going to be out in the cold.

My belief is the front office did their homework and when Wilson decided not to come they pulled the trigger on their next choice.

Good Carson is a top tier QB. Bad Carson is Taylor Heineke with a better arm

Got texts from all my non skin friends yesterday that all had some version of congratulations with a ? Kind of sums it up for me

Now go get Wagner or draft the Utah or Georgia ILB and let’s roll
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #244
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You seem to be really high on this guy. We all knew Wentz was going to be released but no one on here mentioned picking him up.

Im more high than low on him for a few reasons.

1. He’s better than Heineke and we almost made the playoffs last year.

2. We were not getting Wilson or Watson, he’s the next best option.

3. He knows the NFCE very well and has a winning record in the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #245
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Saying Wentz is an improvement over TH is like saying Rex Grossman is an improvement over John Beck.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #246
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I would say it was a double because the 1st basemen let the ball go through his legs. lol.
Bill Buckner is not laughing.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:46 AM   #247
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Saying Wentz is an improvement over TH is like saying Rex Grossman is an improvement over John Beck.
This!! I don’t think many here watched his last 3 games collapse, he made Heinecken look like Joe Montana. Another issue with Wentz is, he’s always hurt.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:49 AM   #248
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Again, I'm not cheering the move at all, but I don't get everyone that is insisting on hating it. So what are the options?

- Do you trade a 2nd or potential 1st for Jimmy G and give him 30 mil a year with a lot of guaranteed money to do more or less the same that Wentz?

- Do you give Winston/Mariota/Trubisky 10-20 mil a year with at least 2-years of guaranteed money? And don't come with your stupid cheap fan contracts, because we all know QBs are overpaid, especially this year with a weak QB class and a lot of QB demand.

- Do you offer the farm for Watson without knowing what will happen?

- Do you trade up for Malik Willis, knowing that you'll need to move from #11 to #4 to guarantee him?

I didn't have a good initial reaction, but some of you are acting like we just brought back John Beck or something.

I just want someone to sell me on any of those scenarios as something significantly better than Wentz. Okay, maybe Watson, but don't tell me you are jumping for joy at Winston/Mariota/Trubisky/Jimmy G.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #249
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Again, I'm not cheering the move at all, but I don't get everyone that is insisting on hating it. So what are the options?

- Do you trade a 2nd or potential 1st for Jimmy G and give him 30 mil a year with a lot of guaranteed money to do more or less the same that Wentz?

- Do you give Winston/Mariota/Trubisky 10-20 mil a year with at least 2-years of guaranteed money? And don't come with your stupid cheap fan contracts, because we all know QBs are overpaid, especially this year with a weak QB class and a lot of QB demand.

- Do you offer the farm for Watson without knowing what will happen?

- Do you trade up for Malik Willis, knowing that you'll need to move from #11 to #4 to guarantee him?

I didn't have a good initial reaction, but some of you are acting like we just brought back John Beck or something.

I just want someone to sell me on any of those scenarios as something significantly better than Wentz. Okay, maybe Watson, but don't tell me you are jumping for joy at Winston/Mariota/Trubisky/Jimmy G.
I would have waited until Friday to see what happens with Watson. In all honesty we are still in the Watson race. you could package Wentz with draft picks and CY to get him.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #250
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This!! I don’t think many here watched his last 3 games collapse, he made Heinecken look like Joe Montana. Another issue with Wentz is, he’s always hurt.

Not true. Since 2018 Wentz has played in 56 of 65 games. I wouldn't call that injury prone.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #251
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
You seem to be really high on this guy. We all knew Wentz was going to be released but no one on here mentioned picking him up.
I'll admit - he wasn't really on my radar. I was focusing my guess as to who might be the next Commander's QB on guys that they have shown interest in at some point or another. I don't remember Wentz being brought up when people talked about Washington's QB search, this year or last year. I could be wrong, but it doesn't ring a bell.

That said, I'm more than happy to see what he can do in this offense. It's definitely a step up. You can argue how much of an upgrade he is, and we will find out soon enough, but he is most definitely an upgrade. We were going to have to pay somebody if we wanted to upgrade the position, and we didn't give up much for him. All good IMO.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:57 AM   #252
MTK
\m/

Reality is of all the remaining available guys we were looking at, they all have issues. Trubisky, Jimmy G, Winston, Mariota, sorry but you can't make the case any of these guys are better than Wentz. They're just not. We got the best of what was left on the heap after the big dogs were ruled out.

Wentz has shown he can play at a very high level, and at times makes truly elite plays. He's also shown he tries to do too much sometimes and gets careless. Obviously the hope is to limit the boneheaded stuff and get more of the good Carson.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:58 AM   #253
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
[/B]

Not true. Since 2018 Wentz has played in 56 of 65 games. I wouldn't call that injury prone.
Yeah his only significate injury was the SB season.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #254
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'll admit - he wasn't really on my radar. I was focusing my guess as to who might be the next Commander's QB on guys that they have shown interest in at some point or another. I don't remember Wentz being brought up when people talked about Washington's QB search, this year or last year. I could be wrong, but it doesn't ring a bell.

That said, I'm more than happy to see what he can do in this offense. It's definitely a step up. You can argue how much of an upgrade he is, and we will find out soon enough, but he is most definitely an upgrade. We were going to have to pay somebody if we wanted to upgrade the position, and we didn't give up much for him. All good IMO.
I said a few weeks ago the Wentz situation was interesting and one to keep an eye on. I didn't think he was going to be a target though. Like many I was locked in on the idea of Wilson.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #255
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Reality is of all the remaining available guys we were looking at, they all have issues. Trubisky, Jimmy G, Winston, Mariota, sorry but you can't make the case any of these guys are better than Wentz. They're just not. We got the best of what was left on the heap after the big dogs were ruled out.

Wentz has shown he can play at a very high level, and at times makes truly elite plays. He's also shown he tries to do too much sometimes and gets careless. Obviously the hope is to limit the boneheaded stuff and get more of the good Carson.
I still hope we draft a QB at 11