The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 07-14-2016, 08:31 PM   #241
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Is terrorism a new thing only since Obama came around?

I guess 9/11 was his fault too.

This isn't an Obama problem, it's the world's problem. Is more war and killing really the answer?
Certainly the safety of the American people is a the responsibility of the office of the president. The war on terrorism has been priority number 1 since 9/11. It's never changed. As that priority number 1, a multilevel strategy is required from the administration and his state department. its been a failure...its hasn't been an easy job.

The bottom line is the Obama administration response and strategy isn't working versus terrorism. This isn't getting better and it's a disgrace.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #242
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Loretta Lynch: 'Most effective' response to Islamic terrorism 'is love' - Washington Times

Not anti anything....just fact. the Love Thy Neighbor strategy does not appear to be serving us to well....

Thanks...i had googled it and read it. I know its not what people want to hear but...
You can say that about the love thy neighbor strategy, but dropping bombs on the middle east since 1991-2? Might have a wee bit more to do with the growth of terrorist activity than that?
So I guess i just dont see a solution being born from the same school of thought that started all of this? Certainly not an easy answer on any level though. Very sad times for the world indeed.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #243
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Certainly the safety of the American people is a the responsibility of the office of the president. The war on terrorism has been priority number 1 since 9/11. It's never changed. As that priority number 1, a multilevel strategy is required from the administration and his state department. its been a failure...its hasn't been an easy job.

The bottom line is the Obama administration response and strategy isn't working versus terrorism. This isn't getting better and it's a disgrace.

Chico there is no easy solution though man. So be careful what you wish for because things could always be worse. Violence feeds violence.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #244
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Chico there is no easy solution though man. So be careful what you wish for because things could always be worse. Violence feeds violence.
No plan leads to chaos, pull out the world map...it's clear its on fire. Our foreign policy in many areas has been slow, reactive, and inconsistent.

He Gets Us
Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #245
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

This is all because i quoted Schneeds year old post about the good news thread getting more attention than the bad news thread. Jinxed it.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #246
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Thanks...i had googled it and read it. I know its not what people want to hear but...
You can say that about the love thy neighbor strategy, but dropping bombs on the middle east since 1991-2? Might have a wee bit more to do with the growth of terrorist activity than that?
So I guess i just dont see a solution being born from the same school of thought that started all of this? Certainly not an easy answer on any level though. Very sad times for the world indeed.
I would agree with you on that.
BUT the rule book we are accustomed to playing by is totally foreign to the..... vermin we are dealing with here. We had better adapt quickly as time grows short. This administration has proven it is incapable of that
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #247
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I would agree with you on that.

BUT the rule book we are accustomed to playing by is totally foreign to the..... vermin we are dealing with here. We had better adapt quickly as time grows short. This administration has proven it is incapable of that

Again....who is to say more attacks wouldn't occur under a different administration? Its just the unfortunate evolution of war and he happens to be the president. The vermin we are talking about is unlike any other vermin the world has have ever dealt with. Technology is working for them too and we are seeing their networks grow because of it. Trump, Clinton, Obama it doesn't matter.....
Old 07-14-2016, 10:30 PM   #248
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I disagree on the point it's Obama's fault this(terrorism) has been going on for a long time and has take it's toll on some very good Presidents .This is just one example .

Iran Hostage Crisis - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 PM   #249
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Jimmy Carter Pres Obama Neville Chamberlain Woodrow Wilson. All presidents/leaders who didn't understand that wanting peace doesn't mean being naively optimistic about tthe good nature of man. And all saw the world worsen under their well intentioned stewardship.

Who knows the what ifs of others were president. They aren't and Pres Obama and the congress has failed to find a workable strategy for years. Hopefully the world will pull out of this nosedive but I don't think history is on our side for that.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #250
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Jimmy Carter Pres Obama Neville Chamberlain Woodrow Wilson. All presidents/leaders who didn't understand that wanting peace doesn't mean being naively optimistic about tthe good nature of man. And all saw the world worsen under their well intentioned stewardship.

Who knows the what ifs of others were president. They aren't and Pres Obama and the congress has failed to find a workable strategy for years. Hopefully the world will pull out of this nosedive but I don't think history is on our side for that.

Sent from my S6 Edge

I think that these terrorists make up a micro fraction of the world, and the good nature of man will prevail. Its all about future generations NOT being radicalized. Thats the only way it will fizzle out and crawl back under the rock. Thats why its so important to remain calm and not come across like some War monger. Luckily Trump will not be bringing his loud mouth and pea brain to the Whitehouse or we would really see a "failed strategy" at work. The current state of affairs in our world would seem like a picnic.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:18 AM   #251
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

You lost me at good nature of man. Religious fervor doesn't just fizzle out. It erupts into massive and bloody martyrdoms. Kamikazees, crusades, purges. But anyways. Lets go to the debating thread or agree to move on. There is enough bad news without bringing the dark and ugly topic that is american presidential politics in here.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:44 AM   #252
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Remeber the pulse night club shooting? Remember the response was gun control? Would have gun control stopped this attack?

Gun control isn't stopping these savages...

He Gets Us
Old 07-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #253
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
I think that these terrorists make up a micro fraction of the world, and the good nature of man will prevail. Its all about future generations NOT being radicalized. Thats the only way it will fizzle out and crawl back under the rock. Thats why its so important to remain calm and not come across like some War monger. Luckily Trump will not be bringing his loud mouth and pea brain to the Whitehouse or we would really see a "failed strategy" at work. The current state of affairs in our world would seem like a picnic.
Is there another candidate in the running I am not aware of?
Because you cannot seriously be advocating more of the Hill and Bill show of lies and thievery? Can you?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #254
MTK
\m/

^ Over Trump, hell yes. Not sure how that's even a real question for anyone with half a brain.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #255
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Over Trump, hell yes. Not sure how that's even a real question for anyone with half a brain.

Great answer. Haha.