Debating with the enemy

Old 01-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #241
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Great job Congress: The Senate Just Voted to Roll Back Women's Health Care

I really enjoyed paying for my wife's birth control. Glad I get to do it again...

I don't care which side you're on with this one, gotta' love a religious based repeal.
Are you saying your life isn't better? Before you answer, let me know your political affiliations, if you aren't pro-Trump your opinion doesn't matter.

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #242
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

LOL.

Getting an appointment to get that IUD. That way if/when Planned Parenthood gets defunded, it's already up in thurr.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #243
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
"Somebody has been shopping the document around for a while, but reputable news organizations did not report on it because, as New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet explained, its contents are "totally unsubstantiated.""
My question to you is ,what happens if some does?What if someone can prove it? If I am pro Trump it's just a lie ,right?I mean according to Trump the FBI,CIA and NSA all lie so who if anyone could as you say"substantiated it" ?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #244
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My question to you is ,what happens if some does?What if someone can prove it? If I am pro Trump it's just a lie ,right?I mean according to Trump the FBI,CIA and NSA all lie so who if anyone could as you say"substantiated it" ?
Giantone, "what if it is true"...is that what your asking? If so, the idea of journalism, fake news, ethics,..these institutions and ideas and topics...your totally confused. Step back and look at the big picture

Do you think buzzfeed and CNN would have run the exact same story was given to them and Obama replaced trump's name?

Now ask yourself is that right? This has turned into an everyday occurrence in the national media...and I don't think folks realize that half the reason trump won is this type of unsourced attacks and editorial opinion passed as fact has energized the country to say enough is enough.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #245
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Giantone, "what if it is true"...is that what your asking? If so, the idea of journalism, fake news, ethics,..these institutions and ideas and topics...your totally confused. Step back and look at the big picture

Do you think buzzfeed and CNN would have run the exact same story was given to them and Obama replaced trump's name?

Now ask yourself is that right? This has turned into an everyday occurrence in the national media...and I don't think folks realize that half the reason trump won is this type of unsourced attacks and editorial opinion passed as fact has energized the country to say enough is enough.

No ,not what I asked,no need to spin and give a what if with Obama becuase Obama didn't throw doubt on all our security agencies.
I am asking "if it's a" true accusation" whom would a Trump supporter " accept in "substantiating it"?They don't trust FBI,CIA and NSA so again who would you accept to "substantiate" it?
Old 01-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #246
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
No ,not what I asked,no need to spin and give a what if with Obama becuase Obama didn't throw doubt on all our security agencies.
I am asking "if it's a" true accusation" whom would a Trump supporter " accept in "substantiating it"?They don't trust FBI,CIA and NSA so again who would you accept to "substantiate" it?
From my perspective, it needs to be an independent investigation, a la the one opened up now on James Comey. I think, though many here will obviously disagree, that the intelligence agencies have become politicized (and when Trump assigns his staffs they will stay politicized, though likely in the opposite direction).
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #247
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude really? Your lost, really no hope for ya if you understand what going on here. Step back, big picture.

Cubans react to end of 'wet foot, dry foot' policy - CNN.com

big news, looks like we are putting up a wall, right?

He Gets Us
Old 01-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #248
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Yes it does. I'm SO happy to be paying for that too. Mexico will give us a giant ass middle finger when he says to pay for it. The part that pisses me off the most is that he actually thinks that will work. Maybe you said it, but use TECHNOLOGY if you're going to do anything at all. The idea of a fucking wall is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. His supporters are literally jizzing in their pants over it. Hope they're fine with their tax dollars covering it because Mexico sure as shit will never pay a dime on it. He'll eventually say, "Oh, well we taxed Mexico enough to pay for it." My ass.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #249
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes it does. I'm SO happy to be paying for that too. Mexico will give us a giant ass middle finger when he says to pay for it. The part that pisses me off the most is that he actually thinks that will work. Maybe you said it, but use TECHNOLOGY if you're going to do anything at all. The idea of a fucking wall is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. His supporters are literally jizzing in their pants over it. Hope they're fine with their tax dollars covering it because Mexico sure as shit will never pay a dime on it. He'll eventually say, "Oh, well we taxed Mexico enough to pay for it." My ass.
With dissolving policy now when Cuban flee actually political oppression this clears the way for them to be deported back to Cuba.

Interesting to see what folks support.

I guess when it comes to immigration policy, my first question is should people follow our immigration policy to enter the country or do you support illegal immigration where people just cross into the country illegally as human traffickers, or with drugs, or with guns or as terrorist?

that's always my first question and I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the responses.

He Gets Us
Old 01-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #250
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It's not hard to have Mexico pay a bill for it. If you understand toll roads, then you understand how to build something, and recoup the costs. Add a wall surcharge to every wire transfer to Mexico, an additional fee at each entry point, etc. Mexico currently has a huge trade surplus with us, there are simply ways recoup the costs of building a wall.

As for it being the most ridiculous idea ever, there are examples throughout the world of walls used in the manor described. It's not a horrid idea, and it's not a fantastic amazing solution. It's something Trump throughout that resonated with his supporters, and got his opponents panties all in a bunch. Once he saw that, it was a given he was going to make it happen. If the Democrats had responded more openly to some form of border control, then he likely would have dropped it. At this point it's going to happen, and if people want to traffic in illegal stuff (which they will) they will have to get more creative than timing border patrol shifts (which they will).
Old 01-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #251
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
With dissolving policy now when Cuban flee actually political oppression this clears the way for them to be deported back to Cuba.

Interesting to see what folks support.

I guess when it comes to immigration policy, my first question is should people follow our immigration policy to enter the country or do you support illegal immigration where people just cross into the country illegally as human traffickers, or with drugs, or with guns or as terrorist?

that's always my first question and I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the responses.
I support a very loose immigration policy, more in line with the Statue of Liberty's ideal, but the idea would be that we establish an enforceable policy and then enforce it.

Without a lot of specifics, ideally imo our immigration policy would be something like: if you can show a willingness to work, that you abide by the laws of your current nation, and have some verifiable plan to establish residency (ie live with relatives, or enough savings to support 1year of residency, etc); then you should be able to come in on a temporary visa, with an eye towards citizenship.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #252
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
You're right, a wall is ridiculous ... A fence is much more practical.

Quote:
And for Obama, who voted for the border-fence bill back in 2006, the barrier may be best described as a big potential headache. Opponents are already appealing to him to halt construction and re-evaluate the project. But so far, the new Administration has given no indication that it is seriously considering doing so. While it has said it will make comprehensive immigration reform a priority, a spokesperson told TIME that Obama supports the fence "as long as it is one part of a larger strategy on border security that includes more boots on the ground and increased use of technology."
Opponents of the Texas-Mexico Border Fence Look to Obama - TIME

Oh .... and just so you don't think Mr. Obama was the lone Democrat on this:

Quote:
Taking her hardest line yet against illegal immigrants, Sen. Hillary Clinton told the Daily News she wants U.S. borders secured with a wall or fence, possibly surveillance drones and infrared cameras.

Clinton's proposal - which came just weeks after she blasted Republican crackdowns on illegal immigrants as un-Christian - raised the ire of activists.

But she tempered her remarks by saying that, while she supports a barrier to stem new illegal immigrants, she favors a legalization process for the 11 million undocumented aliens already here.
Hillary Clinton: Border needs wall
(citing to a no longer available NY Daily News article).

But, hey, these articles are from 2009, and 2006 respectively. Clearly, we shouldn't judge folks by their actions eight or ten years ago ... that's ancient history, right?
Old 01-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #253
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Dude really? Your lost, really no hope for ya if you understand what going on here. Step back, big picture.

My question was a pretty simple one,why can't you or won't you answer it?

again it was,"I am asking "if it's a" true accusation" whom would a Trump supporter " accept in "substantiating it"?They don't trust FBI,CIA and NSA so again who would you accept to "substantiate" it?
Old 01-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #254
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Cubans react to end of 'wet foot, dry foot' policy - CNN.com

big news, looks like we are putting up a wall, right?
To me wet foot dry foot was one of the most hypocritical if not racist bits of legislation we have had in recent times. We will accept Cuban asylum seekers that touch soil but not Haitian asylum seekers never mind their government is just as violent and oppressive. They should've called it "white foot, brown foot" that would be far more appropriate.
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #255
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's not hard to have Mexico pay a bill for it. If you understand toll roads, then you understand how to build something, and recoup the costs. Add a wall surcharge to every wire transfer to Mexico, an additional fee at each entry point, etc. Mexico currently has a huge trade surplus with us, there are simply ways recoup the costs of building a wall.

As for it being the most ridiculous idea ever, there are examples throughout the world of walls used in the manor described. It's not a horrid idea, and it's not a fantastic amazing solution. It's something Trump throughout that resonated with his supporters, and got his opponents panties all in a bunch. Once he saw that, it was a given he was going to make it happen. If the Democrats had responded more openly to some form of border control, then he likely would have dropped it. At this point it's going to happen, and if people want to traffic in illegal stuff (which they will) they will have to get more creative than timing border patrol shifts (which they will).
They already have. They're called tunnels, and they are one of the main avenues of bringing drugs/guns/human trafficking into the country. Quick, let's build an underground wall too!