Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins cowboys postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #241
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Skins cowboys postgame

And it seems like i NEVER see rg3 adjusting plays/calling audibles/fixing protections.... it really seems like i never see it... alot of other teams you see it nearly 80% of snaps
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #242
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Some of the runs we call are so counter productive its not alf's fault at all IMO ... playcalling is killing our offense at critical times
yeah, I like the Dallas game playcalling, but as we approached and got in the red zone seemed we got dumb with play calling and execution. Not totally on Kyle, but the Oline would cross the twenty and forgot how to block.

He Gets Us
Old 10-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #243
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
And it seems like i NEVER see rg3 adjusting plays/calling audibles/fixing protections.... it really seems like i never see it... alot of other teams you see it nearly 80% of snaps

good point I don't see many audibles from Griff either
Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #244
MTK
\m/

Maybe I'm watching the wrong games but I see Griff changing things at the LOS plenty.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #245
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Maybe I'm watching the wrong games but I see Griff changing things at the LOS plenty.
^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #246
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I see him calling plays during the hurry up and I see him audible running plays every now and then. Nothing else though.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #247
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

maybe he's just not as noticeable as a manning lol
Old 10-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #248
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
true. Thats alot to be taking on his second year.

How do we feel about this, or how do we think Kyle feels about this?

He Gets Us
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #249
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, Shannahan is 8-4 in his last 12 games, including a division title, playoff berth and a 7 game winning streak. NFL levies huge fines against the team making them non players in Free Agency. Draft picks started on the third day of the draft. So the coach essentially had to go in to this season with the same personnel.

And why is everyone wanting to get rid of him? His legs were cut out from under him when the team got hit with those cap penalties.
Scary that sandtrapjack has the besy post in this thread.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #250
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, Shannahan is 8-4 in his last 12 games, including a division title, playoff berth and a 7 game winning streak. NFL levies huge fines against the team making them non players in Free Agency. Draft picks started on the third day of the draft. So the coach essentially had to go in to this season with the same personnel.

And why is everyone wanting to get rid of him? His legs were cut out from under him when the team got hit with those cap penalties.

good post but Mike is 22-31 in 4 seasons basically.. That's not very good
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #251
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
good post but Mike is 22-31 in 4 seasons basically.. That's not very good
While its not very good, did you honestly expect much the first two years? Year one, I knew we wouldnt win, the team was in horrible shape. Year two, I cant say I was expecting much with Rex/Beck. Was hoping we would, and my burgandy and gold glasses was telling me we would. But being realistic, we shouldnt have expected much early. Give him his 5 years, no extensions now or this offseason, make that 5th year count. We do get back cap space this coming year, and if he messes that up, then move on. The coaching carousel has been one of the things that killed this team for 20 years.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #252
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
While its not very good, did you honestly expect much the first two years? Year one, I knew we wouldnt win, the team was in horrible shape. Year two, I cant say I was expecting much with Rex/Beck. Was hoping we would, and my burgandy and gold glasses was telling me we would. But being realistic, we shouldnt have expected much early. Give him his 5 years, no extensions now or this offseason, make that 5th year count. We do get back cap space this coming year, and if he messes that up, then move on. The coaching carousel has been one of the things that killed this team for 20 years.

well as i have said here I'm a fan of ms and was all in for him being our HC, But losing is losing and as of right now it appears as though we will have 3 losing seasons out of 4 with Mike. Joe came back and took a bad team to the playoffs 2 times in his 2nd stint. I'm js Mike really shouldn't get many passes for this record and if u remember right he was the one that put his eggs in the basket for Beck and Rex. I understand he had to say good things about those guys to the media but still
Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #253
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
well as i have said here I'm a fan of ms and was all in for him being our HC, But losing is losing and as of right now it appears as though we will have 3 losing seasons out of 4 with Mike. Joe came back and took a bad team to the playoffs 2 times in his 2nd stint. I'm js Mike really shouldn't get many passes for this record and if u remember right he was the one that put his eggs in the basket for Beck and Rex. I understand he had to say good things about those guys to the media but still
Ok... so if he didnt go with Rex/Beck, then who? People act like Aaron Rodgers was available. The best FA that year was probably Hasselbeck.

The best would probably have been Dalton. And we still wouldnt have AJ Green, who has made Dalton look a lot better than he is. A lot of people wanted Gabbert, Im glad we went with Rex/Beck tbh. If we drafted him, we would just now be finding out that he is a bust (and wouldnt have Kerrigan). You are always going to give a 1st round QB at least three years to develop. Things would have been a lot worse for this franchise had that happened.

As for Joe Gibbs comparison, he went for the win now philosophy with free agents. Have we had the room to do that with the cap hit? Its apples and oranges for those comparisons, although I would take Joe Gibbs any day between the two. Not many are going to match Joe Gibbs, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #254
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I get your argument and I'm not saying its all on Mike but if we only win 5 games this yr will u still want him next season?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #255
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
I get your argument and I'm not saying its all on Mike but if we only win 5 games this yr will u still want him next season?
I have said from the beginning and still say it now. Give him the full 5 years.

To say otherwise is saying that 18 mil per year in cap space means nothing. And thats just nonsense. Or its saying that the team has regressed since he got here, and that is also nonsense. The team was in terrible shape when he arrived. Has hasnt been right on all of his moves (McNabb and Leribeye to name two), but this franchise is better off now that it was when he took over. Better talent without being in cap purgatory. We can move on from most contracts now without being given a death penalty as far as the cap is concerned. We are looking at something like 30-35 mil in cap space heading into next year. When was the last time anyone said that in the last 20 years for this team?
Closed Thread