Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #226
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Or maybe journalists could stop assuming evil intent and help our nation heal by looking to positive reasons ie nationalism vs globalism instead the halcyon cry of racism.
You don't get it, their job is to ask the questions and stop all "assumption"! When the person in charge can not handle the question and in turn attacks the interviewer there can be nothing more than assuming or assumption of lying or wrong doing and that is never for the good.

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #227
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The irony and hypocrisy is just tremendous. Bravo! The biggest bully in the world is Trump and you clowns have a problem with Jim Acosta’s tone? The liberals are all snowflakes who need safe spaces to cry in but Trump is literally forming a safe space to hold his press conferences where nobody will dare challenge him or ask him questions he doesn’t want to answer? Bravo! You have all officially created an opposite world for your rhetoric where you can dish it out without taking it. Bratty little rotten kids all over the world applaud you. Congratulations. 🤮🤥
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 AM   #228
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, yeah it's not a cult.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #229
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Or maybe journalists could stop assuming evil intent and help our nation heal by looking to positive reasons ie nationalism vs globalism instead the halcyon cry of racism.

Maybe when nearly half the country sees it a way other than they do and they want to be seen as helpers not haters they can report the more likely/less sinister motives of the general base and not try to exacerbate the division.

All the main politicians today ON both sides and including Trump laid out places where the parties can and likely will work together, and after as divisive a race as we just had on both sides thats a great thing, maybe the press could have followed suit for a day or two. Maybe.
This whole nationalism debate reminds me of the porch monkey thing from Clerks 2. The problem is you are trying to rebrand nationalism as "putting America first" whereas nationalism has already been co-opted by actual racist organizations as their rallying cry. Come up with your own term that racists aren't using and you won't have this issue.

Also if you don't catch the reference, take a wild guess who you are in this scenario:

mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #230
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, I can see the next few years around here are going to be fun.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #231
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This whole nationalism debate reminds me of the porch monkey thing from Clerks 2. The problem is you are trying to rebrand nationalism as "putting America first" whereas nationalism has already been co-opted by actual racist organizations as their rallying cry. Come up with your own term that racists aren't using and you won't have this issue.

Also if you don't catch the reference, take a wild guess who you are in this scenario:

Just because you want to change the meaning of the nationalism to what you want it to mean...doesn't actually change the meaning of the word.

You realize that right?

Some of the left thinking seems to be trending into "thought police" territory.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #232
MTK
\m/

Maybe given the current climate it's best to avoid a fuzzy term like nationalist? Just maybe? Either way none of this makes his behavior yesterday appropriate.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #233
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just because you want to change the meaning of the nationalism to what you want it to mean...doesn't actually change the meaning of the word.

You realize that right?

When it comes to Captain bigmouth yes. Stop acting like he does not use dog whistles to rally the racist part of his base because he needs their vote. Just stop. U r trending into “acting stupid” territory.
And are you actually lecturing us on changing the meaning of words? Didn’t u guys invent alternative facts?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #234
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
When it comes to Captain bigmouth yes. Stop acting like he does not use dog whistles to rally the racist part of his base because he needs their vote. Just stop. U r trending into “acting stupid” territory.
And are you actually lecturing us on changing the meaning of words? Didn’t u guys invent alternative facts?
This is what im talking about...we are in thought police territory.

Which is not surprising because in the age of social media people these days are allowed to take a tweet, post, comment, etc. and skew it, take it out of context, invent their own context, etc.

Critical thinking isn't a value of this medium. It also has allowed a bullying, mob mentality where personal freedom, freedom of speech is not valued.

Its very interesting...I find it ironic in many cases where those who rightfully call for the ending of discrimination would also call for the right to discriminate against thought/idea they disagree with. You want diversity, but not the diversity of ideas.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #235
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

You realize that right?

I'm literally saying nationalism is most commonly thought of as a pc-alternative to white supremacy, and that's already what most people think of when they hear the term. You and Cred are the ones trying to turn "nationalism" into "pro-Americanism".

Your president said "I am a nationalist." His non-racist supporters hear "I am pro-America", his racist supporters hear "I support racism" and his non-supporters hear "I support racism."
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #236
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm literally saying nationalism is most commonly thought of as a pc-alternative to white supremacy, and that's already what most people think of when they hear the term. You and Cred are the ones trying to turn "nationalism" into "pro-Americanism".

Your president said "I am a nationalist." His non-racist supporters hear "I am pro-America", his racist supporters hear "I support racism" and his non-supporters hear "I support racism."
I'm so going to try to stop commenting after this post, I may just stop the warpath cuz the skins are just as disheartening as the political threads.

editing your last sentence to what is more accurate:
OUR president said "I am a nationalist." His non-racist supporters hear "I am pro-America", his racist supporters hear "I support racism" and his non-racist non-supporters hear "I am pro-America" , his racist non-supporters hear "I support racism."

People who want to see racism in every word is a large part of the ongoing issues this country has with racism.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #237
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Sure, just take what his says...rearrange, change the meaning of the words...create the context. Cut and paste to what you and others want to believe.

Just understand my ability to look at the facts, the meaning of words and call bullshit.

Its a free country.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #238
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm so going to try to stop commenting after this post, I may just stop the warpath cuz the skins are just as disheartening as the political threads.

editing your last sentence to what is more accurate:
OUR president said "I am a nationalist." His non-racist supporters hear "I am pro-America", his racist supporters hear "I support racism" and his non-racist non-supporters hear "I am pro-America" , his racist non-supporters hear "I support racism."

People who want to see racism in every word is a large part of the ongoing issues this country has with racism.
People who refuse to see the blatant "racism" on display by their own President is even a larger problem in America today.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #239
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Sure, just take what his says...rearrange, change the meaning of the words...create the context. Cut and paste to what you and others want to believe.

Just understand my ability to look at the facts, the meaning of words and call bullshit.

Its a free country.
Absolutely but instead of all that ,just tell people you do as trump does, you believe in"alternative facts",you make it up as you go along.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #240
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
This is what im talking about...we are in thought police territory.

Which is not surprising because in the age of social media people these days are allowed to take a tweet, post, comment, etc. and skew it, take it out of context, invent their own context, etc.

Critical thinking isn't a value of this medium. It also has allowed a bullying, mob mentality where personal freedom, freedom of speech is not valued.

Its very interesting...I find it ironic in many cases where those who rightfully call for the ending of discrimination would also call for the right to discriminate against thought/idea they disagree with. You want diversity, but not the diversity of ideas.

You mean freedom of speech like Say a journalist asking a question? Or is that where freedom of speech stops .... when we start to get to close to the truth? Gtfoh.