RGIII Named Starter

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #226
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The no-huddle offense is a weapon in and of itself. It's also something we haven't done (well) during my adulthood. If Griffin can effectively run it half the time this year will be tons of fun.
Seriously. I would love to be the team that puts pressure on the defense by having no huddle done well. Get some 12 men on the field and off sides calls.

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #227
los panda
Pro Bowl

Re: RGIII Named Starter

power plays and open nets, indeed
Old 05-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #228
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The Buffao Bills ran that no huddle offense well during the early 1990s and they went to 4 straight Super Bowls. Whether Mike Shanahan wants to incorporate the no huddle offense as a wrinkle or as something basic and continuous, it should be effective. A no huddle west coast offense would place so much pressure on opposing defenses no doubt.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #229
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So not having a playbook in college is a ______ thing?

Common, and its getting catchy in high school fb especially down south. Im not a fan of the full blown no huddle-o. I liked how Manning uses it to catch the D off guard and i think those situations would really benefit RG3. But other than that i think it puts as much fatigue on the O as the D.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #230
fanarchist
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
One things for sure, I'm definitely rooting for him to get it right with Griffin just to shut up the haters who want the Shannies fired.
So you are acknowledging in this statement that the Shanahans have yet to "get it right", but the pragmatists who are calling for results over fluff are "haters". Not to mention the word "just", implies that you don't want to see improvement for the sake of validating Griffen, the morale of the team and the fan base, or success of the organization as a whole, it's solely for the purpose of authenticating your position over the people who have merit in their disagreement.

Last edited by fanarchist; 05-14-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #231
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The no-huddle offense is a weapon in and of itself. It's also something we haven't done (well) during my adulthood. If Griffin can effectively run it half the time this year will be tons of fun.
Yep, I could see him racking up 12-men penalties and offsides on our opponents' defenses. RGIII even mentioned this on the Gruden QB camp interview, how he loves to get his team lined up and snap the ball when he sees the D trying to substitute.

He can handle it. He's smart enough to look at a defense and call a play in a hurry.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #232
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanarchist View Post
So you are acknowledging in this statement that the Shanahans have yet to "get it right", but the pragmatists who are calling for results over fluff are "haters". Not to mention the word "just", implies that you don't want to see improvement for the sake of validating Griffen, the morale of the team and the fan base, or success of the organization as a whole, it's solely for the purpose of authenticating your position over the people who have merit in their disagreement.
I could argue with you, but I'm tired and dgaf. You win.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #233
Pigskins

Quote:
Yeah what's up with everyone trying to outwit everyone? We wall wanna see the skins win and to be honest I doubt any of us care who's playing or coaching as long as we win
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #234
fanarchist
Special Teams

Quote:
I don't want to win. I'm also not trying to incite a arguement. I'm trying to resolve one by helping you to see both sides of the coin.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #235
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
...He can handle it. He's smart enough to look at a defense and call a play in a hurry.
I got no questions about whether Griffin can handle the no huddle.
I love talking about the no-huddle in abstract but I don't see how or why people think we would use it more often.
In the past this offense (Mike/Kyle) hasn't been a no huddle offense.
And if we're speaking honestly the performance in 2 minute and hurry has been lacking regardless of the QB (McNabb/Rex).
With McNabb the excuse was he didn't know the offense with Rex there was no excuse. (equipment malfunction?)
I'm sure Kyle will improve with his hurry-up/2 minute offense/playcalling as he gains experience but I think its a hellavu strecth to think we're suddenly going to become a no huddle offense from what we've seen and where we are thus far.
I think its far more likely that they'll work to increase the tempo i.e. get in and out of the huddle quickly, get to the line quickly with time on the playclock etc.

If I were gambling on a team likely to run the type of offense some fans think we'll run (up tempo, no-huddle, with some zone-read, WCO) I would look at the Dolphins.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #236
fanarchist
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskins View Post
Yeah what's up with everyone trying to outwit everyone? We wall wanna see the skins win and to be honest I doubt any of us care who's playing or coaching as long as we win
I'm completely with you pigskin, as long as this franchise prospers I don't care who the coach is, and I was trying to get mooby on board with this line of thinking. Unfortunately we haven't been winning under this regime, and people who base their position on the facts shouldn't be considered any less loyal then people who attach themselves to this coaching staff.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #237
Pigskins

Yeah I mean I like mike shanahan. He's done things I liked an thing I hated that have not us in the ass. However I trust that he's doing his best to win and wants to win just like all of us. If the team did everything I wanted I'm
Sure we wouldn't win a SB lol so you just gotta take good with the bad and be patient. If god came to me an said the skins will never win another game, I'd still watch every Sunday bc I bleed the burgundy and gold and I think any Sunday we can beat anyone
Old 05-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #238
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskins View Post
He's done things I liked an thing I hated that have not us in the ass
pardon?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #239
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanarchist View Post
I'm completely with you pigskin, as long as this franchise prospers I don't care who the coach is, and I was trying to get mooby on board with this line of thinking. Unfortunately we haven't been winning under this regime, and people who base their position on the facts shouldn't be considered any less loyal then people who attach themselves to this coaching staff.
If you want to base things on facts, maybe we should start with the fact that the franchise has gone the route of switching coaching regimes every two or three years, and it has gotten them nowhere. If we continue to base things on fact, we see that there are no other coaches available, who want to come to Washington, that possesses the resume that Mike Shanahan possesses. If we want to, yet, continue to base things on facts, the fact is, Mike Shanahan stated from the very beginning that it would take him the length of his contract to rebuild this team the right way, and if Snyder was not interested in being patient, then don't hire him, (or something to that affect.) The fact is, Redskins fans are very impatient. Couple that with today's instant gratification that people have become accustomed to, and it makes for a lot of fans who would be dangerous if they were the owner of the Washington Redskins. I trust the current regime, as painful as it's been on Sundays, the Shannies will get this team back to where it needs to be. And if by the end of year five and that isn't true, then move on to the next regime.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #240
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
If you want to base things on facts, maybe we should start with the fact that the franchise has gone the route of switching coaching regimes every two or three years, and it has gotten them nowhere. If we continue to base things on fact, we see that there are no other coaches available, who want to come to Washington, that possesses the resume that Mike Shanahan possesses. If we want to, yet, continue to base things on facts, the fact is, Mike Shanahan stated from the very beginning that it would take him the length of his contract to rebuild this team the right way, and if Snyder was not interested in being patient, then don't hire him, (or something to that affect.) The fact is, Redskins fans are very impatient. Couple that with today's instant gratification that people have become accustomed to, and it makes for a lot of fans who would be dangerous if they were the owner of the Washington Redskins. I trust the current regime, as painful as it's been on Sundays, the Shannies will get this team back to where it needs to be. And if by the end of year five and that isn't true, then move on to the next regime.

IMO this man gets it.

Closed Thread