The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 06-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #226
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel like my current problems pale in comparison to the ones listed above, but I need to rant so here goes anyways. Couple weeks ago my desktop at home started having random power surges out of nowhere, after the 6th one (which happened right after I tried to log in) I finally decided to do something about it. Bad choice. Obv the smart move would be diagnosing after the first. I figured since the electricity at home was fine the power supply was just crapping out after 3 years, so I decided to upgrade and replace it. Took it out (Corsair 600 watt) and replaced it with a semi modular Corsair 750 watt. Try to start it up and nothing happens. After having multiple second opinions and seeking help online it seems my motherboard has crapped out, so I have to replace that. Well my old one is 3 years old and my CPU which has the LGA 1155 chipset isn't compatible with the majority of new motherboards which run LGA 1150 or the newer LGA 1151, so now I need to get a new processor to go with it. And most of the new motherboards only support DDR4 instead my old DDR3 ram, so need to get new RAM as well. Now I could go the cheap route on all this because I'm actually in transition between jobs atm and need to save, but I know I would just be postponing the inevitable because I do some amateur photography in my spare time and need a pc that can support the habit. I know this is a first world problem but the timing is terrible.

Computer problems are a bitch. I agree its not a life or death issue, but it can really screw with your day to day. I just had some issues and after weeks I think I am finally back to normal again. Good luck!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #227
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WTF

German Movie Theater Attack Said to Injure Dozens - NYTimes.com - mobile.nytimes.com
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/24...Email&referer=
Old 07-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #228
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This will be a funny psychological test of the Warpath community's outlook on life. What will get more posts, the good news thread or the bad news thread?

Decided to check on this. The good news thread has about 100 more posts than the bad news thread. Which is good news, except here where everything is bad news.

Edit: im seeing the margin is closer than that on a different page which is good news for the bad news thread. I think.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #229
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck Islamic terrorists. Nice now in France? When the fuck is Obama gonna wake up? Fuck this administration, fuck John Kerry

Wake the up.

Sick of the liberal excuses

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #230
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fuck Islamic terrorists. Nice now in France? When the fuck is Obama gonna wake up? Fuck this administration, fuck John Kerry

Wake the up.

Sick of the liberal excuses

Obama didnt start the fire, and Im not sure exactly what he was supposed to do about the attack in France? Its just not that easy to make sure some terrorist (who for all we know converted this morning) doesnt get behind the wheel of a truck?
Blame game aside it is truly a horrific time in our world. God Bless the victims, their friends, countrymen, and families.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #231
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Terrorism has flourished under the Obama administration period.

He has not lead

He Gets Us
Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #232
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Terrorism has flourished under the Obama administration period.

He has not lead

I believe he is in the seat while terrorism is gaining traction. We dont hear about all the thwarted attacks only the successful ones. For all we know there might have been more? Unfortunately whether Clinton, Trump, or General George Washington takes office next it is going to continue. Bush started all this shit and now to hear him sit there praying for our country is just a terrible slap in the face to our collective intelligence. Either way these terrorists are not exactly an easy enemy.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #233
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Obama didnt start the fire, and Im not sure exactly what he was supposed to do about the attack in France? Its just not that easy to make sure some terrorist (who for all we know converted this morning) doesnt get behind the wheel of a truck?
Blame game aside it is truly a horrific time in our world. God Bless the victims, their friends, c him to be ountrymen, and families.
You can fault him for allowing this kind of....horse-shit to exist in his administration. When the...world needs him to be strong we get....

Loretta Lynch: 'Most effective' response to Islamic terrorism 'is love' - Washington Times
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #234
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
You can fault him for allowing this kind of....horse-shit to exist in his administration. When the...world needs him to be strong we.... gethttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/21/loretta-lynch-most-effective-response-to-islamic-t/

Cant open your link. I imagine it is anti obama. Lol. Bottom line is "allowing" and "stopping" are two totally different things. He is not allowing anything to happen, and I believe the general public thinks there is some easy way to stop it. The President is just the guy (or girl) who gets blamed. It will be someone else next, than someone else, etc etc.
I mean whether you love him or hate him how is the POTUS responsible for France anyway?
Old 07-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #235
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I believe he is in the seat while terrorism is gaining traction. We dont hear about all the thwarted attacks only the successful ones. For all we know there might have been more? Unfortunately whether Clinton, Trump, or General George Washington takes office next it is going to continue. Bush started all this shit and now to hear him sit there praying for our country is just a terrible slap in the face to our collective intelligence. Either way these terrorists are not exactly an easy enemy.
Oh bullshit. Obama administration response to Isis was pathetic and he let this terrorist organization fester. Stop with the excuses. Can't blame bush. This is the obama foreign policy failure. Wake up

He Gets Us
Old 07-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #236
MTK
\m/

Is terrorism a new thing only since Obama came around?

I guess 9/11 was his fault too.

This isn't an Obama problem, it's the world's problem. Is more war and killing really the answer?
Old 07-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #237
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We started a war in the Middle East. This is the result. Violence feeds violence. We can get some yahoo in office to send another a million Americans to War and that is not going to do a God damn thing to stop these small cells all over the world from springing into action. It just pisses these Assholes off and they plan more sneaky bullshit terrorist attacks. In this case compassion and understanding may be the best avenue. Not towards the terrorists but towards The world in general. Shape future generations with a positive message not a violent one.
If we had some magic bomb we could drop that would somehow blow up terrorists alone Id press the button myself. There is just no easy action to take in this War. But we can certainly always spread a positive message and hope that most of the world is with us.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #238
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Is terrorism a new thing only since Obama came around?

I guess 9/11 was his fault too.

This isn't an Obama problem, it's the world's problem. Is more war and killing really the answer?

No. No it is certainly not. And thanks for not falling into the trap Matty.
Stay positive my friend.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #239
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Oh bullshit. Obama administration response to Isis was pathetic and he let this terrorist organization fester. Stop with the excuses. Can't blame bush. This is the obama foreign policy failure. Wake up

So if he had been more stern at the podium the dude would have gotten cold feet this morning in France?!? Lol. Come on.
Of course i can blame Bush. It takes years for groups like isis to gain ground. Your seeing what they are capable of now and hopefully its not the tip of the iceberg. This isnt a ground and pound war. This is as much mental as it is physical on a world wide level. We cannot just start bombing cities again. Alot of good that would do. Maybe we should have bombed France?
Do you really think any future potus is going to stop this shit with troops and bombs?!? And than you know what people will blame Obama - oh look at the mess he got us in. He let the terrorists get strong. Blah blah blah. Bush started all this shit. 9 fucking 11 was THEE SINGLE WORST ACT OF TERROR COMMITTED ON AMERICAN SOIL - it hasn't happened again here has it? Who gets credit for that? The tooth fairy?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #240
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Cant open your link. I imagine it is anti obama. Lol. Bottom line is "allowing" and "stopping" are two totally different things. He is not allowing anything to happen, and I believe the general public thinks there is some easy way to stop it. The President is just the guy (or girl) who gets blamed. It will be someone else next, than someone else, etc etc.
I mean whether you love him or hate him how is the POTUS responsible for France anyway?
Loretta Lynch: 'Most effective' response to Islamic terrorism 'is love' - Washington Times

Not anti anything....just fact. the Love Thy Neighbor strategy does not appear to be serving us to well....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote