Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your top choice for the next head coach?
Ben Johnson 25 51.02%
Bobby Slowick 3 6.12%
Mike MacDonald 10 20.41%
Raheem Morris 0 0%
Dan Quinn 2 4.08%
Mike Vrabel 2 4.08%
Bill Belichick 2 4.08%
Aaron Glenn 0 0%
Jim Harbaugh 5 10.20%
other 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #226
calia
Playmaker

Re: Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ron is now 26-37-1 in 4 seasons as HC i nWASH

His career Record is 102-100 - 2

If it wasn't for a MVP 15-1 Cam season he would be under .500 as a coach.

He needs to hang it up after he gets canned in 3 weeks

He will end his career in a few weeks and he will be under .500. 102-103-2. That’s a lot of losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2023, 12:55 PM   #227
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I find this very interesting:

@JPFinlayNBCS
The Steelers have a 90 year track record of not being dumb. If that changes and they fire Mike Tomlin I’d encourage Josh Harris to fire up that PJ and give Tomlin a blank check.

Given that Harris is/was a minority shareholder with the Steelers:

@MarkMaske
Josh Harris and David Blitzer have not yet sold their minority shares in the Steelers. That must happen after Harris’s purchase of the Commanders, with Blitzer among the investors. But it does not have to happen immediately, under NFL rules.
Steelers would be stupid to fire Tomlin, I highly doubt that would happen but if it does then yes we should do everything we can do to get him.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:27 PM   #228
sevier2
Impact Rookie

This is an amazing time to be a Commanders fan. For the first time in 30 years you're about to have a true GM-HC structure. The team has tons of money to spend and a great early-round draft situation.

I was optimistic coming into the year. I thought we had some talent and upgraded our offensive coaching 🙄. Things fell apart and it was easy to get back to a “same old skins” mindset.

But we need to remember this is still a snyder built team. Harris has not even begun to put his stamp on the franchise.

It’s gonna take some time to sort through the mess Snyder left but we got rid of our biggest problem.

A few more weeks and the Harris/Co. tenure officially starts.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:34 PM   #229
rocnrik
Playmaker

I guess I can hang till they officially put there stamp on it ..
Old 12-18-2023, 03:36 PM   #230
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Steelers would be stupid to fire Tomlin, I highly doubt that would happen but if it does then yes we should do everything we can do to get him.
There is no chance he's fired
Old 12-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #231
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
There is no chance he's fired
Yet the Patriots most likely will fire a 6 time SB winner. Never say never.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-18-2023, 05:41 PM   #232
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I know a few diehard fans, they're over his shit and want him gone. Says he's coaching scared and too old school
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 12-18-2023 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:49 PM   #233
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Ron is now 26-37-1 in 4 seasons as HC i nWASH

His career Record is 102-100 - 2

If it wasn't for a MVP 15-1 Cam season he would be under .500 as a coach.

He needs to hang it up after he gets canned in 3 weeks

You know what is way under.500 …. His percentage of winning seasons. Had a couple years with Superman hiding his complete and utter inadequacies as a HC. Dude is an awful HC. A worse GM, and enough with he changed the culture. He changed it all right, from a bad team to an embarrassingly bad team with less talent. Ron can go scratch.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:00 PM   #234
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You know what is way under.500 …. His percentage of winning seasons. Had a couple years with Superman hiding his complete and utter inadequacies as a HC. Dude is an awful HC. A worse GM, and enough with he changed the culture. He changed it all right, from a bad team to an embarrassingly bad team with less talent. Ron can go scratch.
Yeah I'm sorry but CULTURE isn't wins and losses. Ron tried to sell that for so long
Old 12-18-2023, 10:48 PM   #235
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Quote:
Yeah I'm sorry but CULTURE isn't wins and losses. Ron tried to sell that for so long

Culture to me is work ethic, not giving up, fundamentals, attention to detail, an overall desire to win. He didn’t change any of that.

Was hanging his hat on changing the culture and finding a quarterback. The quarterback was an obvious choice when Sam hit round 5. Wow. Real genius there. And he didn’t do anything for the “culture “ on or off the field. Couldn’t even take responsibility for his losing ways.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:26 PM   #236
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Culture to me is work ethic, not giving up, fundamentals, attention to detail, an overall desire to win. He didn’t change any of that.

Was hanging his hat on changing the culture and finding a quarterback. The quarterback was an obvious choice when Sam hit round 5. Wow. Real genius there. And he didn’t do anything for the “culture “ on or off the field. Couldn’t even take responsibility for his losing ways.

And Howell was clearly better than TH and he didn’t even start him until the season was over. The dude is clueless as a Coach and talent evaluator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2023, 11:28 PM   #237
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

My biggest gripe with RR is he didn’t change anything at the right time. Every decision was too late. Seems like the press would force him to make decisions by their tone in press conferences. If Ron didn’t have to do interviews, Cheeseman would still be on the team.
There is no accountability for poor play.
I don’t know if he has dementia but I get the feeling he is still waiting to see what Heiniki can do at QB.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:09 PM   #238
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Only three times in his entire career I believe where he had double digit wins. That great season with Cam where he was 15-1 I think made too many people think he was a good HC....
Old 12-19-2023, 02:17 PM   #239
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

A Joe Hortiz GM Mike MacDonald or Todd Monken HC could be in our near future. The Washington Ravemanders.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/15/ch...ing-news-notes

We’re all learning on the fly about Commanders owner Josh Harris, who was accompanied by one of his limited partners, Mitchell Rales, at this week’s league meetings in Dallas. And one thing I learned down in Texas over the last few days could at least color how the next couple of months go with the new owners and their team—Harris likes how the Commanders’ beltway rivals from Baltimore do business.
It was apparent, too, in his first real football hire.
Seven weeks ago, Washington brought Eugene Shen aboard as its new senior vice president of football strategy, poaching him back from the world of finance, a world to which he’d returned in 2022 after serving as the Jaguars’ vice president of football analytics, and the Dolphins’ director of analytics between ’19 and ’22. For five years before that, Shen cut his NFL teeth helping to run analytics for the always innovative, always forward-thinking Ravens, who have gone so far as to build their own proprietary analytics systems.
That the hire was made before Harris made decisions on the futures of GM Martin Mayhew, top football exec Marty Hurney or coach Ron Rivera is notable for a couple of reasons. First, it’s an indication of how he sees the role—as one that would be there regardless of who the GM or head coach was. Second, it opens the possibility that Shen could have significant input in the next round of hires, whenever they’re made.
Maybe this means Harris tabs a Baltimore exec like Joe Hortiz or Nick Matteo to be his next GM, or a top Raven assistant like Mike Macdonald to be his head coach. Maybe it doesn’t. But at the very least, it brings a little insight into how he’s building and what he’ll be modeling after going forward.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-19-2023, 02:20 PM   #240
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I spoke with Lake Lewis on the Name topic, He's pretty upfront usually and he said he has heard rumblings about Harris and Co. not liking the name very much... That may not mean anything but wanted to share that here
Closed Thread