Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 11:58 PM   #226
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but my problem with Trent on this is WHY would you wait until now? You’ve had all offseason to raise these concerns, and it comes out the day OTAs start. It puts the entire team, planning, offense, and cap in jeopardy.

Either it shows he doesn’t give a shit about the team, or he’s been complaining privately all offseason, and the front office hasn’t done anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It becomes public now because it was the first time since the end of the season that he was put in a must choose position. In terms of the FO Allen said they had private conversations, it jyst sounds like the two parties had different expectations. Trent wasnt going to participayr in these anyways so he chose to make a point to the FO. Unless it gets crazy this isn't unusual drama for june nfl news

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #227
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So now that Bruce has talked to the media, what will Sheehan and Loverro criticize Allen for now?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...now-what-truth
Bruce very well might be telling the truth, but does anyone here have any confidence that he is?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2019, 06:39 AM   #228
DYoungJelly
The Starter

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/6/8/1...medical-staffs

According to Keim, the players feel very differently about the S&C staff compared to the athletic training staff. They detail lack of communication as the single biggest issue, between individuals rehabbing and staff, between s&c and training staff, just communication all over the place.

Bashir, and Phillips are on the podcast with Keim. There is a ton of "between the lines" content here.

Something I found interesting:

They spoke about Trent's effect on the locker room in that it doesn't matter if he has a C on his jersey or not, that when he is in a bad mood, the locker room is in a bad mood, when Trent is happy, the locker room is happy.

It's that kind of leadership that matters. I get so tired of Finlay talking about how DJ was a team leader. If he really was, Allen wouldn't have come right behind him and contradicted his statement directly. People follow examples like Trent and Allen without them saying a word.

This is the kinda stuff that we have no idea about but is really important.

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 06-08-2019 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #229
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/6/8/1...medical-staffs

According to Keim, the players feel very differently about the S&C staff compared to the athletic training staff. They detail lack of communication as the single biggest issue, between individuals rehabbing and staff, between s&c and training staff, just communication all over the place.

Bashir, and Phillips are on the podcast with Keim. There is a ton of "between the lines" content here.

Something I found interesting:

They spoke about Trent's effect on the locker room in that it doesn't matter if he has a C on his jersey or not, that when he is in a bad mood, the locker room is in a bad mood, when Trent is happy, the locker room is happy.

It's that kind of leadership that matters. I get so tired of Finlay talking about how DJ was a team leader. If he really was, Allen wouldn't have come right behind him and contradicted his statement directly. People follow examples like Trent and Allen without them saying a word.

This is the kinda stuff that we have no idea about but is really important.

Agreed, and that's why this TW situation is a big deal and needs to be solved quite quickly. Solved in a way that he stays on the team and is happy to would be my preference.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #230
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trent is a must have on the team. Too me, this is a Bruce issue...do I have faith he can get is done? I swear to god, this is the last straw with this fucking guy.

He Gets Us
Old 06-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #231
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

If the stuff about the medical staff is true, look for sweeping changes in the next 1-2 weeks. It’s either the medical staff or Trent.

I hope Danny picks Trent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM   #232
irish
Playmaker

I cant understand why any NFL player would ever fully trust the team doctor. Team doctors are paid by the team and will error on the side of the team. If I was an NFL player I'd have my own doctor on a retainer and forget about the team doctor.

If the Skins can get something good for TW they should trade him. The last thing this team needs to do is over pay and over extend this guy. He's a good player but is older and often injured, they dont need millstone contract on this team.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #233
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trent is a must have on the team. Too me, this is a Bruce issue...do I have faith he can get is done? I swear to god, this is the last straw with this fucking guy.

Agreed BA is an absolute tool bag, and wouldn’t even have a job in the NFL if not for his father. Ultimately though Chico this is a Dick Snyder issue. Vinny, this guy? Wtf is he doing?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #234
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We do have Trent on the team. For two more years under his current deal. The team can give him more money if they want, but there is no realistic scenario where Trent misses actual games.

The only player in recent memory to hold out for significant games was Laveon Bell.... and it cost him million of dollars (14.5M for sitting out 2018 + the amount of the difference between what the Jets paid him and what the steelers were going to pay). Trent would be incredibly stupid to sit out. And given his injury history, the skins would be stupid to give him a significant extension now.

This isn't the kind of story we want to read, but ultimately i don't think there is any probable scenario where Trent misses actual gametime.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #235
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah I don't see Trent holding out like Bell did, I think he's just looking to see if Bruce will budge.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #236
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah I don't see Trent holding out like Bell did, I think he's just looking to see if Bruce will budge.

Dunno. TW is a walk the walk kind of guy, not a lot of BS in him. That is why he has respect in the locker room. Folks like that say what they mean. If the skins want to keep him they need to take his grievance seriously or he will leave.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #237
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
Dunno. TW is a walk the walk kind of guy, not a lot of BS in him. That is why he has respect in the locker room. Folks like that say what they mean. If the skins want to keep him they need to take his grievance seriously or he will leave.
I'm pretty sure a lot of what Trent is reportedly "saying" is coming from his agent.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #238
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
He is under contract for 2 more years. He can't "leave." He ultimately has three choices:
1) Play and receive nearly 30 million dollars over the next two years.
2) Hold out and lose 30 million dollars over the next two years, and become a free agent in 2021 at 33 years old. He will never make back the money he missed.
3) Retire and lose 30 million over the next two years. The redskins hold his right forever, so he can never sign with another team.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #239
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I totally agree. Do not seeing him going back on his word, and if they weren’t his words he has had ample time to clear the air.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #240
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I totally agree. Do not seeing him going back on his word, and if they weren’t his words he has had ample time to clear the air.
If TW is wanting a new contract, and his agent has put out information to try and help him get a new contract, TW would be a complete idiot to "clear the air." What could he possibly have to gain by saying anything publically?

The thing some here are having a hard time remembering is that all these "reports" are ultimately meaningless. The only thing that matters is what's been said in the private conversations that TW and/or his agent have had with the team.

Neither side has anything to gain by making public statements. And while everyone is getting all worked up about this, we must remember that there is really nothing remarkable about the reports we've heard. Its the same kind of stuff that happens between dozens of players and their teams every year. There is no reason to be overly concerned until we get to maybe week 3 of the preseason.
Closed Thread