Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

I agree ... NO WAY !!! In fact I would fire Ron if they won !!!😀
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2023, 08:42 PM   #227
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Caleb Williams is a Hurts but more accurate. There is no way I’d pass him up if we have a chance at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2023, 11:18 PM   #228
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I hope they DO NOT draft Caleb Williams. TOO MANY red flags with that guy. You can see the cracks in his personality and his game. Basically his game is drop back, run around and make shit happen. Kinda like Kyler. Works fine against Pac 10 defenses. He isn't disciplined enough right now. Penix looks way better as a pro prospect.

Watch, he is going to fall down the draft board and when he does he'll go crying into mommies arms again.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:32 AM   #229
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I hope they DO NOT draft Caleb Williams. TOO MANY red flags with that guy. You can see the cracks in his personality and his game. Basically his game is drop back, run around and make shit happen. Kinda like Kyler. Works fine against Pac 10 defenses. He isn't disciplined enough right now. Penix looks way better as a pro prospect.

Watch, he is going to fall down the draft board and when he does he'll go crying into mommies arms again.
Ok Archie Bunker, its 2023 everyone cries

Not sure if it was you but someone complained about him painting his nails

I don't give a shit if he wears a thong and cries at every game but we are still winning

I really don't know much about him but i wouldn't pass on him for his finger nail color and he cried once after an emotional lost.

Jesus some people need to get out of the Laz Boy and stop yelling at Meathead
Old 12-12-2023, 07:45 AM   #230
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok Archie Bunker, its 2023 everyone cries

Not sure if it was you but someone complained about him painting his nails

I don't give a shit if he wears a thong and cries at every game but we are still winning

I really don't know much about him but i wouldn't pass on him for his finger nail color and he cried once after an emotional lost.

Jesus some people need to get out of the Laz Boy and stop yelling at Meathead
It’s definitely a red flag if he puts himself and his brand ahead of the team. Off field issues and flags reman for Williams and when he does the “look at me” bullshit then you can’t be mad when folks call it out. We saw it recently with Haskins and CY

If you want to stick to the field, then admit Caleb Williams wilted this year and didn’t deliver. He was outplayed by Bo Nix and Penix in his conference and couldn’t lift a very talent USC team in the PAC 12.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 07:57 AM   #231
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s definitely a red flag if he puts himself and his brand ahead of the team. Off field issues and flags reman for Williams and when he does the “look at me” bullshit then you can’t be mad when folks call it out. We saw it recently with Haskins and CY

If you want to stick to the field, then admit Caleb Williams wilted this year and didn’t deliver. He was outplayed by Bo Nix and Penix in his conference and couldn’t lift a very talent USC team in the PAC 12.
Again i really don't know him or follow him; i don't watch much NCAA football but to not pick him over crying and nail painting seemed kind of stupid

I think CY was a good teammate when watching his interactions on the fields; he was super supportive to everyone.

I never thought of CY as a look at me guy; he just never lived up to his billing that the media placed on him
Old 12-12-2023, 08:31 AM   #232
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Watched Caleb live a handful of times at OU. He’s special, he makes throws that most QBs can’t make. He’s also tougher than people think, he takes and delivers hits.

If we are at number 2 and he’s there I wouldn’t pass him up. The Risk Reward is too high to pass a potential Elite QB up. Sam Howell is a good player but what’s his ceiling? Baker Mayfield? Caleb could be a Hurts, Rodgers type Guy.

I know we need alot but we also need a face of the future. Something to look at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2023, 08:52 AM   #233
mredskins
Gamebreaker

IF we want Caleb we probably need to trade with the bears, which makes me think trading CY and MS was too load more ammo into that trade gun to give to the bears.

Shit we could have even said give us a 2nd for MS and we are going give it right back to you at the draft.
Old 12-12-2023, 08:58 AM   #234
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
IF we want Caleb we probably need to trade with the bears, which makes me think trading CY and MS was too load more ammo into that trade gun to give to the bears.

Shit we could have even said give us a 2nd for MS and we are going give it right back to you at the draft.
I've been saying this since the trades happened.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 09:27 AM   #235
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

1. Maye
2. Penix or Daniels (can't decide who I like more. 2 completely different styles. Hell, then even throw w/ different hands)
4. Williams

I like to do my crying in the privacy of my own home by myself lol. Haven't got around to painting my nails yet. That seems a little too fetch for me.

Also, LOL, at "I don't care if the QB wears a thong". Good one.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 09:50 AM   #236
mredskins
Gamebreaker

you know these fucking idiots will find a win somewhere
Old 12-12-2023, 09:52 AM   #237
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

I will give that some credence though, if he isn't playing difficult teams, they are gone make him look better. Solid point
Old 12-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #238
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Again i really don't know him or follow him; i don't watch much NCAA football but to not pick him over crying and nail painting seemed kind of stupid

I think CY was a good teammate when watching his interactions on the fields; he was super supportive to everyone.

I never thought of CY as a look at me guy; he just never lived up to his billing that the media placed on him
Well there are expectations for a second pick in the entire draft. And he hasn't met those, and may not ever, nevermind what the media said about him.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #239
rocnrik
Playmaker

What's more important the System or the player ? Does anyone think Dak is a top
Level QB? Hurts is a solid QB but they can't go but so far giving up points like they did to Dallas .. Purdy was last player in draft selection .Bryce Young first player selected..Sam played Big time college Ball and has seen everything the NFL has to this point . His supporting cast is dismal and still he has showed great potential.. If we had used a number one pick on him would we be talking about yet another number one pick QB ?? Let's take a page out of San Fran and build a team around the QB and give him a chance .. We never ever seem to learn .. Right now who would you pick Bryce Young or Purdy ?? There is no way this team can afford a swing and miss with our top pick .. and it's at best a 50/50 gamble with a QB .. What is it that Sam can't do ?? He can Run .. he has enough arm strength to throw it deep .. he is tough as nails .. his team mates love him .. he is coachable .. yes he has struggled but what QB wouldn't with the WORST Oline in league .. and always playing from Behind because we have WORST D in league.. AND WORST coaching staff in league ... yea that is a blueprint for success 😳. If we don't Upgrade significantly the Oline and get TE and won't matter if we have the number one overall pick ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:04 AM   #240
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
Well there are expectations for a second pick in the entire draft. And he hasn't met those, and may not ever, nevermind what the media said about him.
Agree but the OG poster was saying CY was a show off; I was simply saying i didn't get that vibe from him

As far as living up to being a 2nd pick overall; yes he has failed at that