Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Nothing? No response to my post? Chico we're not going to get anywhere if you just keep listening to idiot media talking heads spout idiotic media theories that get people to tune in. You're as bad as the "triggered left." The goal is viewership/clicks. That brings money in, which keeps the machine turning. We've been over this. You keep tuning in, which feeds the beast. Meanwhile, nobody has heard shit or gives a shit about actual things like Trump personally trying to hire the guy that could (read: won't) bring charges against him.
Thought I addressed everything. Apologies if I didn’t.

yes, but to me it’s interesting that Muffington Post would go after Mandow who is like the progressive media jedi. Good to see!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Rachel Maddow called out by fellow liberals for pushing anti-Trump conspiracy | Fox News

Huffington post calling out Maddow conspiracy theory. Good too see those on one side are actually thinking and not consuming batshit crazy as any type of factual reporting.

FOX news with an article about a rival who is anti trump,there is a surprise!

You do realize Rachel Maddow is an opinion show,no different than Hannity,right?
Old 10-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
FOX news with an article about a rival who is anti trump,there is a surprise!

You do realize Rachel Maddow is an opinion show,no different than Hannity,right?
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05b4f1c3ad52f

That’s the huffington post article killing Mandow. Enjoy some light reading this morning

Yes hannity and mandow are essentially the same song. Agree

He Gets Us
Old 10-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I don't know if it's media bias, media stupidity, or the pure degradation of journalism; but one thing I do know is that every headline writer should have to explain how the f*** they create a story's headline.

For Example:
Headline -U.S.
‘Really Big’ Earthquake Is Coming, Striking 7 Million People in the Worst Natural Disaster in North American History
Newsweek Dana Dovey,Newsweek 6 hours ago

Opening Paragraph(emphasis mine): The last time the Juan de Fuca oceanic plate jolted under the North American plate, unleashing a 9.0 earthquake, was in 1700. With the event scheduled to happen once every 500 years or so, we are due for another any day now. Although it's not clear what will happen when this mega quake does hit, researchers at the University of Washington recently presented 50 possible scenarios of how the event might unfold.

Either way the headline is cataclysmic and the final line of the article tells the real truth:
Oral history of Native American tribes living on the Pacific West Coast in 1700 describe entire tribes being swept away with post-earthquake tsunamis, but 500 years of geological and technological advancements point to the next quake being far less devastating. [minor lol that even in this conclusion the author is writing for the year 2200 (1700+500)]

crazy bad headline/fearmongering article with absolutely no merit (I gave the citation, but I don't see the point in actually linking it)

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-26-2017 at 03:52 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I ain't denying trash journalism exists today, because it does. That article is pure fear-mongering. If it happens every 500 years we'll be dead by the time it happens again.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Another in the faux hyper fearmongering style:

HEADLINE:
Here's what would happen if North Korea hit the US with an EMP that could take out 90% of the population

First 3 bolded points in article:

Experts recently told Congress that a North Korean electromagnetic-pulse attack on the US could wipe out 90% of the population.

EMP attacks are unproven, and the academic community finds this claim ridiculous.

Even if North Korea did pull off the attack, it wouldn't hurt the US's nuclear systems that are hardened against EMPs
_______

I don't know how many articles since Trump was elected have had these Armageddon kind of tones, especially around NK, but clearly most if not all are sensationalism at its worst. And the underlying intent is to create a tone of fear that subverts the national dialogue. It is really pathetic
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Another in the faux hyper fearmongering style:

HEADLINE:
Here's what would happen if North Korea hit the US with an EMP that could take out 90% of the population

First 3 bolded points in article:

Experts recently told Congress that a North Korean electromagnetic-pulse attack on the US could wipe out 90% of the population.

EMP attacks are unproven, and the academic community finds this claim ridiculous.

Even if North Korea did pull off the attack, it wouldn't hurt the US's nuclear systems that are hardened against EMPs
_______

I don't know how many articles since Trump was elected have had these Armageddon kind of tones, especially around NK, but clearly most if not all are sensationalism at its worst. And the underlying intent is to create a tone of fear that subverts the national dialogue. It is really pathetic

What is your opinion on the right wingnuts press and this???

How Pizzagate went from fake news to a real problem for a D.C. business | PolitiFact
Old 10-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #8
dmek25
MVP

ok chico, lets talk bias

12 hours vs. 20 minutes: Fox News focuses on Weinstein harassment, ignoring O'Reilly - Chicago Tribune
Old 10-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’m shocked

He Gets Us
Old 10-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Lol if people haven't figured out harassment is a bi-partisan issue there's no saving them. Trump, Clinton, O'Reilly, Weinstein, Roger Ailes, Woody Allen/Bill Cosby. Being a rich prick that makes a company/certain people a lot of money apparently pardons sexual misconduct.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

George Washington's Church Says Plaque Honoring First President Must Come Down | Fox News Insider

Snowflake pussies

He Gets Us
Old 10-29-2017, 04:16 AM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

What is that,exactly?What does it have to do with the Media?
Old 11-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...new-york-times

"NYT White House correspondent Glenn Thrush’s history of bad judgment around young women journalists

Several women told Vox about their experiences with the star reporter, and the Times has suspended him pending an investigation."

Interesting to see how the NY Times don't vet their own hires while accusing other media companies

He Gets Us
Old 11-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I feel confident you could say the same thing about other media companies out there. Unless of course Fox News is staying totally silent about the sexual harassment/assault scandals because Ailes/O'Reilly did the same shit for years. In which case they get a pass for trying to make up for the years of sexual harassment they also did.

S/N speaking of sexual harassment/assault, I find it absolutely hilarious Kellyanne is literally excusing Roy Moore's conduct because they need votes to pass their shit tax bill. Not that I wouldn't expect anything less from the ruling party.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel confident you could say the same thing about other media companies out there. Unless of course Fox News is staying totally silent about the sexual harassment/assault scandals because Ailes/O'Reilly did the same shit for years. In which case they get a pass for trying to make up for the years of sexual harassment they also did.

S/N speaking of sexual harassment/assault, I find it absolutely hilarious Kellyanne is literally excusing Roy Moore's conduct because they need votes to pass their shit tax bill. Not that I wouldn't expect anything less from the ruling party.
Charlie Rose suspended by CBS after 8 women accuse him of sexual harassment - Nov. 20, 2017

Charlie Rose....cbs. Big liberal media falling now.

He Gets Us