What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 06-28-2021, 05:50 AM   #2326
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Ouch that sucks punch. Def. sucks that you can't put something down for that short a period of time and it will get swiped. Good learning lesson though.

And thanks for the kind words about the sciatica. Gotta go find me an orthopedist soon and hopefully get on with some physical therapy.

Mred I watched that video you recommended and did the exercises - no joke I literally believe it made it worse lol. The pain in my leg is much more intense since I did that on Thursday. I had a friend send me some more exercises she did to get over her sciatica, so we'll see. But I'm still gonna go see an ortho to see what they say. I'm not opposed to physical therapy just because I did 6 weeks for my fractured wrist earlier this year and it's back to normal now.
Did you ever check out a Chiropractor?

Advertisements
Old 06-28-2021, 05:56 AM   #2327
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You doing any better?
Working on it. I had a phone appt. with an ortho on Saturday, he gave me an imaging order for an MRI. Gotta set up the MRI now and wait for the results to come back.

I slept on the floor last couple of nights, it seems to help as the pain in my leg isn't as intense. Might do another night or two just to see, I think my lumpy mattress isn't helping. On the bright side though I called in the warranty on it and they approved the claim so in 3-4 weeks I'll have a new mattress, but COVID is fucking up the mattress industry so I gotta wait lol.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #2328
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Working on it. I had a phone appt. with an ortho on Saturday, he gave me an imaging order for an MRI. Gotta set up the MRI now and wait for the results to come back.

I slept on the floor last couple of nights, it seems to help as the pain in my leg isn't as intense. Might do another night or two just to see, I think my lumpy mattress isn't helping. On the bright side though I called in the warranty on it and they approved the claim so in 3-4 weeks I'll have a new mattress, but COVID is fucking up the mattress industry so I gotta wait lol.

Damn Mooby keep us posted. You better be ready for week one! We need you.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:07 AM   #2329
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

My Wife's back is a nightmare but in short we have a "Tempur Pedic" bed and it's amazing! My back has never been as bad as hers but this thing is amazing! They are not cheap but well worth the money .We are on our second ,first was a Queen and we upgraded to a King we still have both.. A Doctor can even prescribe one it helps.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #2330
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I had sciatica like symptoms for over a year.
Went in for an MRI and found out I have spondylolthesis.

I did all the stretches, saw a chiro, and had little asian girls walk on my back but it never improved until I started strengthening my core.

Took about 3 months but the pain was finally gone for a while.
When covid hit, I stopped doing core exercises and the pain came back a few months later. I have to keep up core exercises.

Good luck on the MRI results!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #2331
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I had sciatica like symptoms for over a year.
Went in for an MRI and found out I have spondylolthesis.

I did all the stretches, saw a chiro, and had little asian girls walk on my back but it never improved until I started strengthening my core.

Took about 3 months but the pain was finally gone for a while.
When covid hit, I stopped doing core exercises and the pain came back a few months later. I have to keep up core exercises.

Good luck on the MRI results!
This is very interesting - I could def. do with going back to the gym as I stopped after fracturing my wrist last year - and then as soon as that healed it was barely 2 months later and now sciatica is bothering me. Appreciate the tip jamf. Definitely something to look into while I wait.

Things that grind my gears: Doc sends over imaging order for MRI, I call Inova to schedule it and have to wait on hold 10 minutes just to talk to someone this morning who takes down my info and then tells me a scheduler will call to set it up. Wait all day and finally get a call at 5:30 while I'm at the grocery store and the paperwork is at home. Call them back as soon as I get home and she says first available date is July 17th. Normally I'm not one to complain but I've been living with this pain for 6 weeks now and idw wait another 3 just to get an actual diag before a plan for treatment is made. So I bitch and the scheduler says if I call my doc back maybe they can work with my insurance to schedule a same/next day appt. So now gotta do that tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:00 AM   #2332
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I was getting these severe pains in my shoulders, wrists, basically every joint. It would wake me up all night. I started working out at home with this online gym and some dumbbells and the pain went away almost instantly. It can really do wonders for you for sure.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #2333
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This is very interesting - I could def. do with going back to the gym as I stopped after fracturing my wrist last year - and then as soon as that healed it was barely 2 months later and now sciatica is bothering me. Appreciate the tip jamf. Definitely something to look into while I wait.

Things that grind my gears: Doc sends over imaging order for MRI, I call Inova to schedule it and have to wait on hold 10 minutes just to talk to someone this morning who takes down my info and then tells me a scheduler will call to set it up. Wait all day and finally get a call at 5:30 while I'm at the grocery store and the paperwork is at home. Call them back as soon as I get home and she says first available date is July 17th. Normally I'm not one to complain but I've been living with this pain for 6 weeks now and idw wait another 3 just to get an actual diag before a plan for treatment is made. So I bitch and the scheduler says if I call my doc back maybe they can work with my insurance to schedule a same/next day appt. So now gotta do that tomorrow.
That is definitely frustrating.

To be honest no one really has a “cure” for back pain. You could very well be over it by 7/16. 6 to 8 weeks is the normal lead time for it to heal.

I know when mine is getting better by how far up my leg the pain is. The closer the pain is too your spine / ass / lower back the closer you are to it being healed.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #2334
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If I can add in one more time. Checkout your bed situation and if you go foam , don't go cheap, Tempur Pedic is the best...seriously.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #2335
MTK
\m/

I priced out mattresses a while ago and you can basically get a nice used car for the price of a tempur-pedic. I have no doubt they are nice but $5k for a king? Get the F outta here.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #2336
SunnySide
Playmaker

Memes or internet postings about how waiters/servers are only paid $2.33 an hour.

They dont make $2.33 an hour. They get paid $2.33 an hour by the restaurant/bar then they get tipped on top of that. Unless you work at a real slow crappy place, id guess servers make well over $15 an hour. If a servers tips plus the $2.33 dont = min wage, the restaurant has to make up the difference.

My ex on good nights would come home with $300-400 cash for 6 hours of work .. that wouldnt be taxed. Other nights not so much but it all evened out to a really good paying job that requires no college education.

Served do not want a fixed "living wage" pay .. they want to be able to land those big tips.

----

I got a Nectar mattress for like $900 and love it.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #2337
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Memes or internet postings about how waiters/servers are only paid $2.33 an hour.

They dont make $2.33 an hour. They get paid $2.33 an hour by the restaurant/bar then they get tipped on top of that. Unless you work at a real slow crappy place, id guess servers make well over $15 an hour. If a servers tips plus the $2.33 dont = min wage, the restaurant has to make up the difference.

My ex on good nights would come home with $300-400 cash for 6 hours of work .. that wouldnt be taxed. Other nights not so much but it all evened out to a really good paying job that requires no college education.

Served do not want a fixed "living wage" pay .. they want to be able to land those big tips.

----

I got a Nectar mattress for like $900 and love it.
Agree…the whining about servers is absolutely bullshit. I’m sure they are reporting all their tips to be taxed properly too.

Grinding gear…people who tip poorly especially for unjust bullshit. 20% always from me on total food bill. Dollar on each drink poured at the bar or 20% on total. I tip delivery drivers for furniture and appliances. 10 for haircuts. Leave money in rooms for housekeeping when traveling

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #2338
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

How about neighbors who cut their grass once a month. That’s awesome how you don’t give a fuck. Also they have had the nerve to complain about mosquitoes and ticks. These are not old but lower 30s year old…lazy af

I want to do doughnuts in their yard after a couple inches of rain. Just turn it into a mud with the truck

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:23 PM   #2339
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
That is definitely frustrating.

To be honest no one really has a “cure” for back pain. You could very well be over it by 7/16. 6 to 8 weeks is the normal lead time for it to heal.

I know when mine is getting better by how far up my leg the pain is. The closer the pain is too your spine / ass / lower back the closer you are to it being healed.
Interesting anecdote mred, because the most severe pain is on my leg just above my ankle.

I still haven't been back to the gym but it's starting to look like my #1 option, my insurance denied my MRI and my doc (who I've only had 1 phone appt. with so far) has his receptionist working on it for over a week now with no update.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:24 PM   #2340
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
If I can add in one more time. Checkout your bed situation and if you go foam , don't go cheap, Tempur Pedic is the best...seriously.
I appreciate that G1 but I already have a new mattress en route... Brooklyn Bedding honored their 10 year warranty and shipped a new firmer one out to me for free. No new warranty on it but original warranty with 5 years left still applies.