Advertisements
Old 06-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #2282
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol posts news links... proclaims media won't cover it
They were probably not easy to dig up. Do you seriously think the mostly liberal media tells the whole story? What is the percentage of the public that knows George Floyd had a history of drug use and committing violent crimes? Instead of telling the real story of his past he is portrayed as the gentle giant, what a joke.

Most everyone who dies at the hands of police contributes to their bad experience, George Floyd was no exception.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #2283
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
They were probably not easy to dig up. Do you seriously think the mostly liberal media tells the whole story? What is the percentage of the public that knows George Floyd had a history of drug use and committing violent crimes? Instead of telling the real story of his past he is portrayed as the gentle giant, what a joke.

Most everyone who dies at the hands of police contributes to their bad experience, George Floyd was no exception.
Not easy to dig up lol, I googled Chicago protests and see plenty of links.

As far as Floyd who cares about his past, his past in no way justified him being murdered by the cops.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #2284
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Not easy to dig up lol, I googled Chicago protests and see plenty of links.

As far as Floyd who cares about his past, his past in no way justified him being murdered by the cops.
His past does not justify him being murdered by police, but portraying him as a model citizen creates a false narrative that everyone needs to fear the police.
Police kill more white people than black people, almost everyone killed by police had a history of drug use and committing crimes. In spite of this the media portrays the police of constantly killing "innocent" black people. That is a big fat lie that strikes fear in people that can lead to them causing a bad interaction with police that did not need to happen. The media divides people, they cause a lot more harm than they do good, too bad 1/2 the population is blind to this.

Go ahead, find me someone killed by police who was clean and sober and had not recently committed a crime or had a rap sheet.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #2285
SunnySide
Playmaker

You and a friend are standing in the middle of a completely dark room.

Your friend has a flashlight.

You can only see what your friend shows you with the flashlight. Maybe the flashlight is showing a coffee cup sitting on a desk but you cannot see anything else around it.

The "media" is your friend with the flashlight.

Article titled "Coffee cup sitting on desk" is an accurate, factually correct fact.

To say its "fake news" because the article doesnt go into whose cup it is or what is in the cup is a stretch imo. Bias? Perhaps

Good news? Read 3 articles from 3 different news sources and youll get to see 3 times as much. One shows us the cup. one shows us the empty bottle of bourbon. One shows us the name on the desk. The name placard says "Buffalo Bob".

We now know Buffalo Bob likes to drink bourbon out of coffee cups.

Why do you drink it out of a coffee cup bob? is it so your girlfriend thinks its coffee? What are you hiding bob?!?
Old 06-09-2020, 12:14 PM   #2286
MTK
\m/

Quote:
His past does not justify him being murdered by police, but portraying him as a model citizen creates a false narrative that everyone needs to fear the police.
Police kill more white people than black people, almost everyone killed by police had a history of drug use and committing crimes. In spite of this the media portrays the police of constantly killing "innocent" black people. That is a big fat lie that strikes fear in people that can lead to them causing a bad interaction with police that did not need to happen. The media divides people, they cause a lot more harm than they do good, too bad 1/2 the population is blind to this.

Go ahead, find me someone killed by police who was clean and sober and had not recently committed a crime or had a rap sheet.
His past doesn't make him "guilty" at the time of his death

His past doesn't matter
Old 06-09-2020, 12:16 PM   #2287
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
His past doesn't make him "guilty" at the time of his death

His past doesn't matter
You seem to refuse to listen to logic.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #2288
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
uhhh ...... Breona Taylor.

26, sleeping in bed, EMT.

Come on Bob ... if you didnt hear about her ... maybe its not the media that is bias, maybe its the viewer who only wants to see what his friend with the flashlight is showing him.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #2289
MTK
\m/

Quote:
You seem to refuse to listen to logic.
Define logic because I'm not seeing it.

I don't care what anyone has done in their past, if they're murdered by a cop it's wrong, period.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:26 PM   #2290
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Come on Bob ... if you didnt hear about her ... maybe its not the media that is bias, maybe its the viewer who only wants to see what his friend with the flashlight is showing him.
I remember her, she is a rare case. They definitely need to raise the standards for no knock warrants.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #2291
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Define logic because I'm not seeing it.

I don't care what anyone has done in their past, if they're murdered by a cop it's wrong, period.
I suppose your fine with the media portraying that victims of police brutality did not contribute to the bad outcome. It is a false narrative that causes an unjust fear of police.

For the record I have a low opinion of the police, but most of them should not be feared by law abiding citizens.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #2292
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I suppose your fine with the media portraying that victims of police brutality did not contribute to the bad outcome. It is a false narrative that causes an unjust fear of police.

For the record I have a low opinion of the police, but most of them should not be feared by law abiding citizens.
How did Floyd's past contribute to him being choked out in the street?

You keep playing the blame the victim card and it's total BS
Old 06-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #2293
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

I'm sure she shoplifted, jaywalked, or maybe smoked a joint at some point in her life
Old 06-09-2020, 12:53 PM   #2294
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
How did Floyd's past contribute to him being choked out in the street?

You keep playing the blame the victim card and it's total BS
What about the pregnant lady George Floyd threatened with a gun during a home invasion robbery? George Floyd was a "victim" of the way he conducted himself. Once again the cop who killed him was 100% wrong, but George Floyd's life style contributed to his chances of having a bad interaction with police.
I blame both the cops and the "victim", in this case.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #2295
SunnySide
Playmaker

Bob, you can certainly think and hold whatever opinion you want .... but if you think a robbery in 2007 has anything to do with what happened in 2020, let alone arise to the level of thinking "I blame both of them" ....

Your opinions are not logical.

Youre bias.

You are the one looking for any reason or justification that comports or confirms to your previously held bias before you knew one thing about George Floyds death.

Im disappointed in you today Bob.

Bad Bob.