When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #2251
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How much you want to bet the media and so call experts now will try to transition people back inside for a lockdown?

Nails it:

Suddenly, Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance

1,300 public health experts signed a letter supporting George Floyd protests
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...rotests-301534while simultaneously condemning the anti-lockdown ones, raising questions about the impartiality of the messaging the public is getting from such experts on large gatherings.

The health narrative changes as the politics of protests do...fuckin hacks, all of them
Fake news"!......is that how it's done chico?

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2020, 07:09 PM   #2252
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
People and journalists are actually mad at great news. Unbelievable
chico , ya mad?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-ch...161935808.html

Trump's chief of staff of 2 years says he agrees that Trump is bad for the country

John Kelly, President Donald Trump's longest-serving chief of staff and a retired Marine Corps general, said on Friday that he agreed with former Secretary of Defense James Mattis' assessment that Trump was harming the US.

In an interview with Anthony Scaramucci, the White House communications director whom Kelly promptly ousted in 2017 upon his promotion to chief of staff, Kelly said that Mattis was right to raise the alarm about Trump sending in active-duty troops to quash protests.

"The idea that you would unleash American active-duty folks, unless it's an extremist situation ... these are civilian responsibilities," Kelly said, "and we should be very, very careful before we contemplate sending in active-duty military."

Kelly also alluded to deficiencies in Trump's character. "I think we need to look harder at who we elect," Kelly said, adding, "I think we should look at people that are running for office and put them through the filter: What is their character like? What are their ethics?"
Old 06-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #2253
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
We trust experts because it is their job not their hobby like a politician. I love how you say the "experts" are "incorrect" about the coronavirus when we are literally learning about this on the fly. Real world scenarios are difficult to model and predict precisely because there are too many variables to control and predict their interactions. This is precisely why we use null hypotheses in order to validate correlations. If you are looking for absolutes in science you are not going to get it (there are even times when carbon has more than four bonds). The only absolutes are natural laws and that is not something that is used lightly.

In terms of weather forecasting a 7 day forecast accurately predicts the weather 80% of the time and a 5 day forecast accurately predicts the weather 90% of the time that is pretty damn good If those were batting averages they aren't even possible.
I will take a wild guess that your definition of accurate is different than most people's. Your average Joe does not consider the weatherman to even be accurate 50% of the time. Since you admit your science is not exact why do most "scientists" constantly belittle people who question them?

I am pretty sure the only 80-90% accurate weatherman works in the lower elevation areas of Southern California where the weather rarely makes any measurable changes from day to day. I know how wildly inaccurate the weatherman is here as I am constantly duped into using weather forecasts to plain my work schedule if I am not that busy. I work in an uninsulated shop and my HVAC system in winter is portable heaters and in summer I just use fans.

Since even in a 1,000 square foot shop heating costs up to $5 an hour if I see warmer days forecast a day or so out if I am not busy I take a day off. Even 5-10 degrees warmer makes a big difference in how many heaters I have to fire up. Cold weather seems to last longer than predicted in winter 90% of the time.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 06-06-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #2254
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #2255
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/DrewHolden360/st...96737014951938

Great twitter thread of the perpetual hypocrisy of Vox and the Covid threat...protest for me and not thee

Brain of a retard if you don’t see it.

Also strange no mention of the 15 people who have died during the protest and specifically 10 directly to rioting by the mainstream media.

Folks, 15 deaths isn’t peaceful...but you know that

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #2256
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
https://twitter.com/DrewHolden360/st...96737014951938

Great twitter thread of the perpetual hypocrisy of Vox and the Covid threat...protest for me and not thee

Brain of a retard if you don’t see it.

Also strange no mention of the 15 people who have died during the protest and specifically 10 directly to rioting by the mainstream media.

Folks, 15 deaths isn’t peaceful...but you know that
I will take a wild guess that the hypocrisy is due to the demonstrators being mostly people likely to vote for Democrats. I don't usually go to Vox, but another guess of mine would be it leans left.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #2257
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Define accurate. I would call accurate being within +/- 5 degrees of the daily high and lows. When I was in Riverside Ca I would say the weatherman was pretty accurate. It is pretty easy to predict the weather there. A prediction of a high of 95 and low of 70, sunny and no rain would hit my definition of accurate almost every summer day.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #2258
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm just very confused. So were are supposed to be social distancing. This has been hammered into our fucking heads by the media. Some people in my condo building don't want to ride with anyone else. They are playing baseball and soccer games in Korea and Europe and there are no fans. NBA will have no fans. Everyone is acting like panic stricken freaks. But all across the world, people are packed in like sardines protesting? How do you explain this bullshit?

I'm a stones throw from DC. Sometimes I get fish at the market on Main Street. The mayor closed that shit down cause people were too close to one another, yet tens of thousands are marching and she doesn't care?

Someone who's smarter than me explain this nonsense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #2259
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm just very confused. So were are supposed to be social distancing. This has been hammered into our fucking heads by the media. Some people in my condo building don't want to ride with anyone else. They are playing baseball and soccer games in Korea and Europe and there are no fans. NBA will have no fans. Everyone is acting like panic stricken freaks. But all across the world, people are packed in like sardines protesting? How do you explain this bullshit?

I'm a stones throw from DC. Sometimes I get fish at the market on Main Street. The mayor closed that shit down cause people were too close to one another, yet tens of thousands are marching and she doesn't care?

Amen to that comment. The UPS man used to always leave the packages up against the house by the front or back door under the eaves. He now has been leaving them on the edge of the front brick patio eight feet away from the house. I get stuff a couple times a week, mostly machine shop supplies unavailable locally. Sometimes due to a noisy shop I often do no hear him.
Now my packages are not protected from rain, A lot of people I buy from use recycled cardboard boxes that rain turns to mush in no time flat.

So what is this guy's problem. Does he think I am going to come out of the house and sneeze on him and he wants an 8 foot head start? My girlfriend always sticks up for the people I complain about. She says it is probably just a new driver who is lazy.

To me that makes no sense, I live in an area where the homes are a minimum of usually 1/4 mile apart. There are also farms, and acreage people just use for hunting. I am sure any driver on my route does not make enough stops where cutting out 16 feet of walking on each adds up to much time.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #2260
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

She’s liar and a fraud.

Just look where all these police brutality events are happening, Democratic controlled areas with 30, 40, 50 years of trash policies with Overwhelming representation of Minorities and woman in positions of power : mayor, police chiefs, City counsil members, Police union leaders, etc. This is where the blame lies. At some point you have to ask yourself, why and how people keep voting in these folks who can’t solve the issues? They poverty pimps who maintain control and money keeping these same groups down.

He Gets Us
Old 06-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #2261
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
she’s liar and a fraud.

Just look where all these police brutality events are happening, democratic controlled areas with 30, 40, 50 years of trash policies with overwhelming representation of minorities and woman in positions of power : Mayor, police chiefs, city counsil members, police union leaders, etc. This is where the blame lies. At some point you have to ask yourself, why and how people keep voting in these folks who can’t solve the issues? They poverty pimps who maintain control and money keeping these same groups down.
lol,........................:d
Old 06-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #2262
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I will take a wild guess that your definition of accurate is different than most people's. Your average Joe does not consider the weatherman to even be accurate 50% of the time. Since you admit your science is not exact why do most "scientists" constantly belittle people who question them?

I am pretty sure the only 80-90% accurate weatherman works in the lower elevation areas of Southern California where the weather rarely makes any measurable changes from day to day. I know how wildly inaccurate the weatherman is here as I am constantly duped into using weather forecasts to plain my work schedule if I am not that busy. I work in an uninsulated shop and my HVAC system in winter is portable heaters and in summer I just use fans.

Since even in a 1,000 square foot shop heating costs up to $5 an hour if I see warmer days forecast a day or so out if I am not busy I take a day off. Even 5-10 degrees warmer makes a big difference in how many heaters I have to fire up. Cold weather seems to last longer than predicted in winter 90% of the time.
That is what you have been doing this entire time so why stop now?

First of it is not [B]my[B]science but just science

You are probably right the average joe's perception of meteorologists does not match reality. There are thousands of peer reviewed studies that show are perceptions of the world both naturally and societal do not match reality. Look them up or if you prefer I will gather them for you.

I am using the textbook definition of accuracy in meteorology which is +/- 3 degrees Fahrenheit.

Based on how accurate you require weather conditions for proper mechanical function I can see why you have frustration when reports are off.

In regards to precipitation when you see 70% chance of precipitation that doesn't mean you will get rain rather 7 out of every 10 days with the exact same conditions will produce precipitation.

Mountains do add a degree of challenge due to micro-climates and other variables that are difficult to account for.

Based on your residence and the two major cities near your home here are the accuracy of different meteorology outlets for Richmond and Charlottesville

https://www.forecastadvisor.com/deta...ichmond/23250/

https://www.forecastadvisor.com/deta...esville/22903/

and Ashland

https://www.forecastadvisor.com/deta...cksburg/22401/

Those forecasts are a bit below the 90% threshold but well above the 50% threshold with the exception of Persistence. I could not find any data from your local meteorologists but they tend to be very reliable more than the national meteorologists because they have a better understand of a regions micro climates.

In terms of your accusation of scientists belittling people that question them. I have no clue what you are talking about. I also am not sure by what you mean when you type "scientists" Science is based on skepticism. If you have ever been in a peer review it is down right brutal the questioning that occurs. My guess is that the "scientist" you are speaking of keeps providing the data and the person questioning them does not have any scientific data just anecdotes or beliefs. I see that a lot when representatives and senators question scientists.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #2263
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
She’s liar and a fraud.

Just look where all these police brutality events are happening, Democratic controlled areas with 30, 40, 50 years of trash policies with Overwhelming representation of Minorities and woman in positions of power : mayor, police chiefs, City counsil members, Police union leaders, etc. This is where the blame lies. At some point you have to ask yourself, why and how people keep voting in these folks who can’t solve the issues? They poverty pimps who maintain control and money keeping these same groups down.
To an extent I agree but I think that communities do need to invest in themselves and not wait for city hall to fix their problems.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #2264
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Went to a protest today, definitely eye opening for a middle age white dude. A lot of struggles in the country I was blind too or it was just a headline on a web site.
The protest I attended was very peaceful and was focused on change. Change in the polls and change in the black community.

I encourage everyone to attend a protest.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:56 PM   #2265
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
To an extent I agree but I think that communities do need to invest in themselves and not wait for city hall to fix their problems.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/shaun...lice-brutality

Shaun King: Democrats Run The Cities With Worst Police Brutality

In the past 50 years, $22 trillion has been spent on poverty programs. Seventy percent goes not to the poor but those who serve poor people,” he said. “So many of those people taking office use this money to create a class of people who are running these cities, and now after 50 years of liberal Democrats running the inner cities, where we have all of these inequities that we have, race is being used as a ruse, as a means of deflecting attention away from critical questions such as, why are poor blacks failing in systems run by their own people? It’s more class than it is race … and now race is being used to deflect attention away from the failures of people running those institutions. The question is why are black kids failing in school systems run by their own people?”

It’s a fucking embarrassment...this is why I say poverty pimps. They making a fortune keeping their own people down.

He Gets Us