Old 06-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #2236
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Trump taking a victory lap while the country is in chaos

So clueless
You're right. You should be in charge. So what is the first thing you would do if you became president right now to end the rioting and bring everything under control?

I'm tired of seeing the Trump hate no matter what. I am probably the only Democrat you know that will tell you that I don't believe Donald Trump is the reason for every single problem befalling America right now.

The May unemployment numbers were far better than what the "experts" predicted. Once again, "experts" are completely wrong, just like they were about Coronavirus and every other thing that they have ever predicted, but yet we trust them.

Under normal circumstances we would be allowed to be happy about that, as it is a sign that the U.S. Economy is getting under control again and now the rebuilding has began. Probably by the end of the month unemployment numbers will be around 6 or 7%, possibly lower, a far cry from the 24.4% it was in just a few months ago. Normally we would be happy. Nope, if Trump talks about that, it's bad! We have to wish for death to the US Economy so that people can blame it on Trump!

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #2237
MTK
\m/

It's like doing a TD dance when you're down big in the 4th. Clueless.

A good jobs report is definitely a good thing, but unemployment is still sky high and we're not anywhere near being done with the virus. Again, clueless.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #2238
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Anyone consider the people negatively impacted by allowing these mass protests to continue? They have more than gotten their point across. I am pretty sure many in the crowds are just there to be there. I had a friend decades ago when home internet was starting to grow in popularity that belonged to a network of people who would attend about any protest under the sun as long as the cause didn't have a Republican leaning label on it. Of course those are very rare in numbers and definitely in volume. I wonder how many of his type are in the crowd? How many people in the crowd would have been doing other things if the country was business as usual?

On a different note from all the stories coming out, including Chauvin having to be often told by his boss at his side job stop getting hardcore with customers, it is pretty obvious the jack ass had been a ticking time bomb for a long, long time.

He supposedly had a well stocked complaint file with the PD. I believe everyone of those needs to be reviewed and all those involved that never meted out any discipline to Chauvin be held accountable. The dude should have been fired ages ago. Maybe if a direct supervisor of a rogue cop often gets fired for not having better over sight, more of the bad apples will get weeded out, before they do something horrendous.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #2239
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Anyone consider the people negatively impacted by allowing these mass protests to continue? They have more than gotten their point across. I am pretty sure many in the crowds are just there to be there. I had a friend decades ago when home internet was starting to grow in popularity that belonged to a network of people who would attend about any protest under the sun as long as the cause didn't have a Republican leaning label on it. Of course those are very rare in numbers and definitely in volume. I wonder how many of his type are in the crowd? How many people in the crowd would have been doing other things if the country was business as usual?

On a different note from all the stories coming out, including Chauvin having to be often told by his boss at his side job stop getting hardcore with customers, it is pretty obvious the jack ass had been a ticking time bomb for a long, long time.

He supposedly had a well stocked complaint file with the PD. I believe everyone of those needs to be reviewed and all those involved that never meted out any discipline to Chauvin be held accountable. The dude should have been fired ages ago. Maybe if a direct supervisor of a rogue cop often gets fired for not having better over sight, more of the bad apples will get weeded out, before they do something horrendous.
To your point i think this speech by killer mike is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSWasOhArfM

I do agree i am not sure what the protesting does, i guess lets govt show you are angry and gives you an opportunity to vent but i am not sure it effectively changes anything.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #2240
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/06/...mpression=true

The 15 people who have died at the protest and riots. Here are their stories:

Good piece here.

The fact the President is celebrating good news is a nice change. Reviewed actual policies and funding to minority communities, which is for some reason overlooked by liberal and the press. He also made a point to state the virus is not over and we have a ways to go.

But you can’t deny great progress in the virus numbers and data as well as the excellent economy news

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #2241
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

People and journalists are actually mad at great news. Unbelievable

He Gets Us
Old 06-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #2242
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
People and journalists are actually mad at great news. Unbelievable
Not mad at the news in the slightest, it's great news. I have friends and family going back to work and that's awesome.

Just think it's premature to be raising the mission accomplished flag. We have a long way to go.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:41 AM   #2243
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

Once again, "experts" are completely wrong, just like they were about Coronavirus and every other thing that they have ever predicted, but yet we trust them.
Are you sure you're a Democrat? I have to constantly listen to rants from my Democrat girlfriend about people who don't believe in science. I think science on a lot of subjects is nothing but theories and educated guesses. She has a scientific background and works for the Feds. Any time I bring up all the laughable scientific predictions that never materialize I get all these angry excuses. The easy one is the science of weather prediction, I think the weatherman still has a batting average that would never get him out of the minor leagues.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #2244
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

How much you want to bet the media and so call experts now will try to transition people back inside for a lockdown?

Nails it:

Suddenly, Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...rotests-301534

1,300 public health experts signed a letter supporting George Floyd protests while simultaneously condemning the anti-lockdown ones, raising questions about the impartiality of the messaging the public is getting from such experts on large gatherings.

The health narrative changes as the politics of protests do...fuckin hacks, all of them

He Gets Us
Old 06-05-2020, 12:00 PM   #2245
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Are you sure you're a Democrat? I have to constantly listen to rants from my Democrat girlfriend about people who don't believe in science. I think science on a lot of subjects is nothing but theories and educated guesses. She has a scientific background and works for the Feds. Any time I bring up all the laughable scientific predictions that never materialize I get all these angry excuses. The easy one is the science of weather prediction, I think the weatherman still has a batting average that would never get him out of the minor leagues.
I think that I am a Democrat but honestly at times it seems that I am more independent now than anything else.

I have been candid on here about believing in things that other fellow democrats do not, while at the same time agreeing on Republican talking points.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #2246
MTK
\m/

Quote:
How much you want to bet the media and so call experts now will try to transition people back inside for a lockdown?
NYC had no reported deaths from the virus yesterday and with businesses opening back up obviously we're in the clear.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #2247
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I think that I am a Democrat but honestly at times it seems that I am more independent now than anything else.

I have been candid on here about believing in things that other fellow democrats do not, while at the same time agreeing on Republican talking points.
Solid — if you think democrats want a bad economy just because it will hurt trump .... I think you’re conflating the 10% extreme left as being all Democrats. That’s like me saying all republicans are white nationalists. There’s a small percent that are but they are the small minority and I don’t view the Republican Party as white nationalists.

Yeah it’s easy to disagree with a group if you generalize the entire group to their most extreme members.

I strongly disagree with the AOCs and the extreme left. I’m a Democrat. Most Americans are moderate centrists but there is not a party that represents us.

Just my opinion ...
Old 06-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #2248
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Lol...so fucking rich.....I’ve heard someone else say that one....lol
heck of a retort chico , what's next call me a name ,yell "fake news" ?
Old 06-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #2249
MTK
\m/

Quote:
You're right. You should be in charge. So what is the first thing you would do if you became president right now to end the rioting and bring everything under control?

I'm tired of seeing the Trump hate no matter what. I am probably the only Democrat you know that will tell you that I don't believe Donald Trump is the reason for every single problem befalling America right now.

The May unemployment numbers were far better than what the "experts" predicted. Once again, "experts" are completely wrong, just like they were about Coronavirus and every other thing that they have ever predicted, but yet we trust them.

Under normal circumstances we would be allowed to be happy about that, as it is a sign that the U.S. Economy is getting under control again and now the rebuilding has began. Probably by the end of the month unemployment numbers will be around 6 or 7%, possibly lower, a far cry from the 24.4% it was in just a few months ago. Normally we would be happy. Nope, if Trump talks about that, it's bad! We have to wish for death to the US Economy so that people can blame it on Trump!
The virus - not his fault. Floyd getting murdered by cops - not his fault. The economy nosediving because we had to shut down due to the virus - not his fault. Grading him on his response to all of these things though is fair game.

Gotta question your numbers a bit here too, unemployment peaked in April at 14.70%

Last edited by MTK; 06-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #2250
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

We trust experts because it is their job not their hobby like a politician. I love how you say the "experts" are "incorrect" about the coronavirus when we are literally learning about this on the fly. Real world scenarios are difficult to model and predict precisely because there are too many variables to control and predict their interactions. This is precisely why we use null hypotheses in order to validate correlations. If you are looking for absolutes in science you are not going to get it (there are even times when carbon has more than four bonds). The only absolutes are natural laws and that is not something that is used lightly.

In terms of weather forecasting a 7 day forecast accurately predicts the weather 80% of the time and a 5 day forecast accurately predicts the weather 90% of the time that is pretty damn good If those were batting averages they aren't even possible.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote