NFL Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-29-2023, 12:52 AM   #211
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Another versatile backup Olineman ? I know those are valuable, but does Ron know that adding up decent back ups doesn't equal to a quality starter ?
At this point I really dont think he does. Ready for a new owner to clean house
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2023, 02:22 AM   #212
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Mmmh... Said by some to be the second best safety in the draft... And he possessed Ron's beloved position flex... But with our obvious needs at OL and LB, I'll admit I have a hard time being enthusiastic about this one... Kinda feel like Ron and Jack still haven't realized what a disaster this LB squad is... and now wondering if they truly understand to what extent this Oline unit needs to improve...

OL and LB are pretty glaring needs I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2023, 04:18 AM   #213
That Guy
Living Legend

I think there were good OL on the board and it was a bit of a reach. Not hating on the player though.

we did get a C in round 3, but seems like that was probably a reach (as far as value). At least he should be better than the 3 backups from last year i guess.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 05:36 AM   #214
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
OL and LB are pretty glaring needs I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm getting a serious case of deja vu. Didn't we say this last year
Old 04-29-2023, 07:52 AM   #215
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Roullier and Fuller are both strong cut possibilities now. That will clear up quite a bit of money to sign post-draft cuts from other teams.

Gates, Stromberg, and Larsen can all play center.

Forbes, Martin, and Juste can all start at CB. Fuller is expensive to keep if you have other capable starters.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:59 AM   #216
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Dantzler is almost certainly done, will net $2m with no dead cap
Old 04-29-2023, 08:57 AM   #217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think the Ricky Stromberg was picked within his range, but I think we coulda moved back in the 2nd and still gotten the DB Martin.

I didn’t like that pick, like I didn’t like the Mathis pick there last year. Can’t piss away top 50 player picks

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 09:24 AM   #218
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think the Ricky Stromberg was picked within his range, but I think we coulda moved back in the 2nd and still gotten the DB Martin.

I didn’t like that pick, like I didn’t like the Mathis pick there last year. Can’t piss away top 50 player picks
At least Martin is a possible starter, Mathis is at best a rotational DT to give the starters a rest
Old 04-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #219
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Roullier and Fuller are both strong cut possibilities now. That will clear up quite a bit of money to sign post-draft cuts from other teams.

Forbes, Martin, and Juste can all start at CB. Fuller is expensive to keep if you have other capable starters.
Don't even think about cutting my man Fuller! He should have been playing slot corner all of this time and he was outstanding at that position from Day One.

I suppose Chase Roullier will have to go now but it won't be an upgrade. Injury caught up with him. He was such a fine anchor for us for years and he didn't get the recognition he deserved.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:02 AM   #220
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Another versatile backup Olineman ? I know those are valuable, but does Ron know that adding up decent back ups doesn't equal to a quality starter ?
No he doesn't! He just refuses to move up when a run starts on a position where we need help. Mayhew is no genius either. What did he ever do in Detroit to impress as a drafter?

What we needed in this draft were two or three studs who play the positions of our greatest need. Too late now. If we only drafted three players, the right three players, this year it would have been enough. We do not need more mediocre and borderline players.

Plus, we bring in EB and we don't give him jack in the draft. What a waste!

In the final year of his contract with new ownership on the way RR is still talking about building a team! I can hardly believe it. First of all, the team should already be built by now if he was ever going to do it. Time's up! Secondly, Rivera and Mayhew might as well start packing their bags because no new owner is going to put up with their lack of situational awareness, boldness, and competence in the GM space.

Dead men walking.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #221
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

I would be surprised if we don't release Roullier shortly, although I don't think we are ready to release Fuller yet. We would be in trouble if we release Fuller and Forbes and/or Martin doesn't play well. Also, St. Juste still haven't played a full season yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Dantzler is almost certainly done, will net $2m with no dead cap
Forgot that we have him on the roster lol, he definitely will be released at some point.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:22 AM   #222
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I think Stromberg and Martin could have been picked a spot later. I think we could have had a highly rated G thrown into the mix and still gotten these guys. I have no problem with the players. Martin is a versatile dback and Stromberg is a versatile inside lineman. Both will most likely start this year and I think both are excellent additions but we left money on the fucking table. The Mathis pick was worse, he too is a good player but that was a pure rotational pick in the second round. As the years go by Rivera is foregoing too many instant impact players in positions of need because he is staring down his guys. He is such a fucking simpleton. We could have a top notch oline and all these other guys but he is playing his cards wrong. And Jamin Davis better take a huge leap forward this year as Linebacker has been ignored early again. We might look back in time and say wow this was a good draft. All these guys are playing really well. But what will be forgotten is they all could have been had along with a dude like Ocyrus Torrence. Good news is Snyder will be gone and so will Rivera after this year is over. Maybe sooner if we really shit the bed.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:29 AM   #223
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Draft Thread

Dawan Jones, Noah Sewell,
Blake Freeland, Jaelyn Duncan, Ivan Pace Jr, Owen Pappoe, Diabate, Emil Ekyor, Zack Kuntz. A lot of lineman, and linebackers, and TE’s left that we could grab today who would make an impact this year. Rivera probably taking a crap brushing up on available fullbacks right now , Mayhew is in the next stall reading Drafting for Dummies .
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:33 AM   #224
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

My take is different than most on here I guess. First of all, the draft isn't over. We have five more picks.

They have picked solid players, and they happen to be at positions of need (DB / OL) - feels like they are following their board. Their board is different than my board and your board, but we don't get paid to evaluate NFL talent. lol

That secondary is going to be deep, the defense has the potential to be nasty. Stacked up front, stacked on the back end - a recipe for a lot of turnovers. Do we need a LB? Maybe, but that position has been devalued here with the personnel groupings they run out there, and it hasn't seemed to have much of an impact on how good this defense has been.

Anyway, I thought we went into the draft needing OL & CB. Maybe they didn't draft in that order, or who you wanted, but that's what they have drafted - so far.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:37 AM   #225
Defensewins
Playmaker

I know Fuller is getting old and expensive, so Forbes was a little bit of a need reach.
At 16 and who was left on the board, I liked CB Christian Gonzalez better, 4.38 speed and true corner. Gonzalez was rated by many as top 10 pick in this draft that dropped in someone’s lap at 17. That is great value even if you already have corners. Corners are a valuable commodity in the NFL you can trade later.
I fear Forbes at 166 pounds, in the nfl could be become a “not fast enough to be a corner and not big enough to be a safety.
He is slot CB picked at 17. He better become the best slot corner ever.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote