Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Official Redskins First Cuts Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
The Lions have no backs Punch, I mean no backs. Kevin Smith isn't starting caliber, and hasn't been for awhile now. Best is a bust. The HT trade would be a gamble with Roy being hurt and maybe IR bound, but I think we could get at least a couple mid rounders for him, maybe at least one second rounder. Lions are not going to get to the promised land if opposing defenses can just concentrate on stopping the passing game.
Oh i am not denying that the lions need a back but to give up a second rounder for a guy who just saw his first action in almost a year would be - well stupid. Plus as you yourself pointed out helu is injured and royster probably cant shoulder a real heavy load. That leaves us with alfred morris who i love but im not pinning my hopes on him just yet. It doesnt make sense from either side. If helu was a go than i could see the lions offering up like a fifth and seventh for hightower.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #212
skinsnut
Playmaker

Re: Official Redskins First Cuts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Oh, well if it doesn't happen by the end of this week I'll let you know. Skill player

And "big trade" may have been an exaggeration
I'd love to see Cooley, Moss for a quality RT or something like that...we need players, not picks. And I read some article suggesting that Cedric Griffin is likely going to stay because Barnes is out...boy I sure hope that isn't true...he has sucked bad

Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to Lions [this post has been updated] - The Insider - The Washington Post

Barnes, who served as the team’s third cornerback last season, recording 26 tackles, two interceptions and four pass breakups in 15 games, was competing for the same role this season. But he apparently lost that position battle to seven-year veteran Cedric Griffin, who signed as a free agent during the offseason.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #213
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Jets trade for a RT Jason Smith...I don't know who this guy is...but boy I wish we did something like this ....just for the sake of doing it!
Jason Smith to this point has been a huge bust. He was supposed to be Bradford's great blind side protector and instead he has struggled on the field, when he can get on it. We're not missing anything.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #214
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Jets trade for a RT Jason Smith...I don't know who this guy is...but boy I wish we did something like this ....just for the sake of doing it!
Second overall pick in 2009. Concussions and other injuries really hampered him though. Baylor guy.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #215
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Jason Smith to this point has been a huge bust. He was supposed to be Bradford's great blind side protector and instead he has struggled on the field, when he can get on it. We're not missing anything.

Robert Gallery's career has been hall of fame compared to Jason Smith's. Dude has been a huge bust.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #216
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
The Lions have no backs Punch, I mean no backs. Kevin Smith isn't starting caliber, and hasn't been for awhile now. Best is a bust. The HT trade would be a gamble with Roy being hurt and maybe IR bound, but I think we could get at least a couple mid rounders for him, maybe at least one second rounder. Lions are not going to get to the promised land if opposing defenses can just concentrate on stopping the passing game.
Although I do think the Lions need another back because of their current state, Kevin Smith hurt, Javid Best may be done for his career, LeShore is still injured as always and faces suspension when he comes back. Don't forget about 'ol Redskins Keiland Williams who is doing well there.

That being said, The Lions had the #1 passing offense in the league last year (number of attempts). Stafford threw for over 5000 yards. They have Megatron. They can throw it every since down without a back and defenses will not be able to shut them down easily. I guarantee you they will throw it 40-45 times a game if they have to no problem.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #217
SkinzWin
Playmaker

So has there still been no official confirmation about the compensation for Barnes? I know someone said a 7th round pick but I thought that was speculative.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #218
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
I'd love to see Cooley, Moss for a quality RT or something like that...we need players, not picks. And I read some article suggesting that Cedric Griffin is likely going to stay because Barnes is out...boy I sure hope that isn't true...he has sucked bad

Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to Lions [this post has been updated] - The Insider - The Washington Post

Barnes, who served as the team’s third cornerback last season, recording 26 tackles, two interceptions and four pass breakups in 15 games, was competing for the same role this season. But he apparently lost that position battle to seven-year veteran Cedric Griffin, who signed as a free agent during the offseason.
Welcome the new cornerback, same as the old cornerback.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #219
FRPLG
MVP

Numerous posts cite it as a conditional pick. Most likely depends on if he ends up making the team. Probably a 7th. Might escalate based on playing time too. I doubt it gets higher than a 5th. I mean they knew we were going to cut him anyways.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #220
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Numerous posts cite it as a conditional pick. Most likely depends on if he ends up making the team. Probably a 7th. Might escalate based on playing time too. I doubt it gets higher than a 5th. I mean they knew we were going to cut him anyways.
Knew something i didnt. Not that i am privy to any inside information other than what my dog tells me but i figured he was a keeper
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #221
MTK
\m/

Quote:
If the Lions make it worth our while why not? It all depends on Roy of course, but damn the Lions are in dire straights. A couple second rounders might be worth it.
For a couple of 2nds they would be in the market for someone a hell of a lot better than Hightower.

And that doesn't change the fact we're not deep enough at RB to trade one away.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #222
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
For a couple of 2nds they would be in the market for someone a hell of a lot better than Hightower.

And that doesn't change the fact we're not deep enough at RB to trade one away.
Yeah this.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #223
MTK
\m/

A little perspective. When we traded for Hightower we gave up Vonnie Holliday and a conditional pick (6th).
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #224
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

A couple Of 2s would and could get MJD. They aren't looking to make a deal like that anyway.

•edit... Unless they just brought Cerrato in as a GM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #225
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
A little perspective. When we traded for Hightower we gave up Vonnie Holliday and a conditional pick (6th).
Well you are obviously playing right into his side of the argument Matty. Everyone knows Vonnie is a perennial pro bowler and was the cornerstone of our offense, defense and special teams. Not to mention coaching, front office work, and concessions during the games.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President