Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #211
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Saw that Lions might be trading Darius Slay (per Schefter). Wouldn't mind trading for him and extending him. He's on his last year.

Get Slay and keep Dunbar or sign Bradberry.

A lot of money but CB is an important position.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #212
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Saw that Lions might be trading Darius Slay (per Schefter). Wouldn't mind trading for him and extending him. He's on his last year.

Get Slay and keep Dunbar or sign Bradberry.

A lot of money but CB is an important position.
Detroit is probably asking for a 1st round pick or multiple picks which we do not have nor have the luxury to trade away.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:28 PM   #213
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Detroit is probably asking for a 1st round pick or multiple picks which we do not have nor have the luxury to trade away.
Agreed. Trading our #1 for Slay will give Detroit CY or they will draft QB and CB and hand CY to the Giants.

If CY lives up to his billing he'll have as positive an effect on the secondary as a #1 CB if not more. If we resign Dunbar and pick up someone like Bradberry, why give up a 1st and maybe more for Slay? Not nearly enough of an upgrade IMHO.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #214
AnonEmouse
The Starter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2020-nfl-draft

Wondering if it would be worth going after Anderson and/or Watkins as #2 to McLaurin. Probably too expensive but Anderson is proven and Watkins is coming off a decent season and surely won't be as expensive as his current $21M pay level.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #215
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Agreed. Trading our #1 for Slay will give Detroit CY or they will draft QB and CB and hand CY to the Giants.

If CY lives up to his billing he'll have as positive an effect on the secondary as a #1 CB if not more. If we resign Dunbar and pick up someone like Bradberry, why give up a 1st and maybe more for Slay? Not nearly enough of an upgrade IMHO.
And TJ Carrie is now an FA?...
Old 02-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #216
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2020-nfl-draft

Wondering if it would be worth going after Anderson and/or Watkins as #2 to McLaurin. Probably too expensive but Anderson is proven and Watkins is coming off a decent season and surely won't be as expensive as his current $21M pay level.
Breshad Perriman had 36 rec, 645 yds, and 6 TDs last season in Tampa Bay, behind Evans and Godwin in targets.

I know he came on the team in the middle of the 2018 season and didn't fare so well. But those are some decent numbers and I wouldn't mind trying him out.

The WR is going to be super expense (Amari) or with players who are older and expensive (Sanders, AJ Green).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #217
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Obviously I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick. But if we could do like our 2nd and 4th next year or something I'd think about it. Could always trade down this year or next to recoup some picks.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #218
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Breshad Perriman had 36 rec, 645 yds, and 6 TDs last season in Tampa Bay, behind Evans and Godwin in targets.

I know he came on the team in the middle of the 2018 season and didn't fare so well. But those are some decent numbers and I wouldn't mind trying him out.

The WR is going to be super expense (Amari) or with players who are older and expensive (Sanders, AJ Green).

I think the team is going to go for a top-end TE like Hooper or Henry. That will cost $8-9 mill, which is far cheaper than WR Green or Cooper. They’ll maybe even hire Greg Olsen on top of that at TE. This fills the TE holes.

The Redskins have a very good, young and improving WR group. The area that needs help is at WR#2, which is now filled by Harmon. So it might be better to try to DRAFT a WR #2, since this years draft is deep with WR players. Then the draft WR competes with Harmon. It’s a cheaper plan than going for a very expensive WR FA. We have many FA needs and WR might be a place to fill with the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #219
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

I'm thinking same thing.. When I looked at the FA for WRs and I don't see anyone who would be great asset for Redskins. I'm not counting AJ Green and Emmanuel Sanders because I'm pretty sure they will either resign with their team or sign with a contender team. I would prefer for us to offer Perriman a prove it deal to show that he can be consistent.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Checked in with some folks about Jordan Reed’s status - Even in concussion protocol Redskins can release him. Reed could be eligible for CBA's injury protection benefit of $1.2M if he isn't cleared to play in 2020. His contract also might contain some injury guarantees.

-jp finlay

This is true. They do not have to reach an injury settlement with him. If released, he's then entitled to the injury protection benefit. If Reed wants to retire, makes sense to wait until after collecting this benefit to announce

-Keim

Don’t need to wait to cut Reed for injury settlement

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #221
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Yeah as really need to hire those now that Norman is no more though his time with the Redskins either did not at all let him show his potential or that he did not work well like he did in Carolina.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #222
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Checked in with some folks about Jordan Reed’s status - Even in concussion protocol Redskins can release him. Reed could be eligible for CBA's injury protection benefit of $1.2M if he isn't cleared to play in 2020. His contract also might contain some injury guarantees.

-jp finlay

This is true. They do not have to reach an injury settlement with him. If released, he's then entitled to the injury protection benefit. If Reed wants to retire, makes sense to wait until after collecting this benefit to announce

-Keim

Don’t need to wait to cut Reed for injury settlement

I think the Redskins should hold some sort of mutual press conference with Reed to announce his release from the team, even if they don’t have to pay an injury settlement. He’s sacrificed himself for the team and is well thought of by his teammates, coaches, the media and the fans. Sorry to see him go but it’s time to move on. That $8.5 mill will pay for an outstanding replacement like Hooper or Henry.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #223
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think the Redskins should hold some sort of mutual press conference with Reed to announce his release from the team, even if they don’t have to pay an injury settlement. He’s sacrificed himself for the team and is well thought of by his teammates, coaches, the media and the fans. Sorry to see him go but it’s time to move on. That $8.5 mill will pay for an outstanding replacement like Hooper or Henry.

I am assuming neither will hit the open market and if they do, I think a team will over pay because of high demand and low supply.

Versatile TEs seem like unicorns currently but when you do find these unicorns .. they tend to be grazing in the 2nd Round to UDFA pastures.

I would rather we go Olsen, Sprinkle, FA and then draft and UDFA a few guys. TE seems like an area we have scouted well.

Logan Paulsen was an UDFA and stuck around for 8 years.
JP Holtz UDFA w Browns, signed w us, now on Bears.
Sprinkle - 5r ... wish he had made a leap this year when opportunity knocked vs taking a step back, not giving up on him yet.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Seahawks signed TE Greg Olsen, formerly of the Panthers, to a one-year, $7 million contract.
Per Profootballtalk's Mike Florio, the deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed. That's on the higher end of what we were expecting. It's no wonder Olsen was willing to stay out of the T.V. booth for at least one more year. One month shy of his 35th birthday, Olsen finally kicked his years-long struggle with foot issues last season to post a 52/597/2 line, averaging a solid 11.5 yards per catch..

7 mil plain stupid for Olsen. Solid pass

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #225
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Have to agree to much $$$ for me. It's a business and he's taking care of his.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote