Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #211
MTK
\m/

Re: Media Bias

It’s a complex situation no doubt, but my point was blaming the media is missing the mark.

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #212
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Speaking of media bias, where's the national coverage on this? White guy plants bomb in Asheville airport last Friday, tries to start a war on US soil. Luckily they disabled the bomb and arrested the guy (he was fairly easy to track down apparently) but this isn't big news?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ect/749938001/
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #213
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not just blaming media, but we know for a fact there was a story that was effectively killed by people in the entertainment industry essentially vouching for his behavior. That was like over 10 years ago...."he is one of us"...this same treatment given to others? highly unlikely.

Its pretty clear to see this guy was enabled within the institution of Hollywood who was effective in suppressing the media who effectively knew but chose to look the other way until what? 20 years later? psssh Polanski, Allen, Cosby, etc...its all the same song.

Just remember folks, when Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Meryl Streep are telling you who to vote for, how you should act, etc. You just look at them and laugh...they know very little of the real world. Its proven.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #214
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Speaking of media bias, where's the national coverage on this? White guy plants bomb in Asheville airport last Friday, tries to start a war on US soil. Luckily they disabled the bomb and arrested the guy (he was fairly easy to track down apparently) but this isn't big news?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ect/749938001/

We don’t like to acknowledge that white Americans are our biggest terrorist threat
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #215
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It’s a complex situation no doubt, but my point was blaming the media is missing the mark.
oh ok gotcha!
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #216
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Not just blaming media, but we know for a fact there was a story that was effectively killed by people in the entertainment industry essentially vouching for his behavior. That was like over 10 years ago...."he is one of us"...this same treatment given to others? highly unlikely.

Its pretty clear to see this guy was enabled within the institution of Hollywood who was effective in suppressing the media who effectively knew but chose to look the other way until what? 20 years later? psssh Polanski, Allen, Cosby, etc...its all the same song.

Just remember folks, when Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Meryl Streep are telling you who to vote for, how you should act, etc. You just look at them and laugh...they know very little of the real world. Its proven.
BS! If the entertainment industry suppress what news got out,than it wasn't the "liberal media" fault then was it ,it was the entertainment industry.You can't have it both ways.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BS! If the entertainment industry suppress what news got out,than it wasn't the "liberal media" fault then was it ,it was the entertainment industry.You can't have it both ways.
like I stated before in a post to Moobs...I shouldn't have to explain the intersecting lines between this 2 industries. There isn't any connection in anyways? We don't live in that world anymore.

He Gets Us
Old 10-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #218
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
like I stated before in a post to Moobs...I shouldn't have to explain the intersecting lines between this 2 industries. There isn't any connection in anyways? We don't live in that world anymore.
Everything is interconnected these days, which is why it's hard to pin the blame on the people responsible. But that's what you should be doing instead of blaming the industry as a whole. Blaming the industry for what certain people do is lazy.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #219
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We don’t like to acknowledge that white Americans are our biggest terrorist threat
As in most countries, since the period of modern time...typically the greatest threats have been from its own people. The label "terrorist" or the definition which is thrown around so much today it really holds no value. The distinction is broad. MS-13, confederacy in the civil war, this guy in Las Vegas, the guy who shot the Arizona Senator lady, the crazy group in Oregon who held on to a state park a couple years ago, boston bombers, these are all terrorists from the what I hear these day. Its not restricted to race imo and yeah I guess since white people are the majority by a good bit, sure, Id put my money on violent acts by crazy people being white.

People are so dang mad that Islamic terrorism has cornered the market on the terrorist label in the last 20-40 years...in some way they feel like facts cause some sort of oppression. But yet here we are still fighting a global war against them still.

He Gets Us
Old 10-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Everything is interconnected these days, which is why it's hard to pin the blame on the people responsible. But that's what you should be doing instead of blaming the industry as a whole. Blaming the industry for what certain people do is lazy.
I think its fairly naïve and lazy not to acknowledge facts. Media is biased and liberal.

Like I said, when these clowns in Hollywood tell you how to think and vote, point and laugh. That's what most of the country has done.

He Gets Us
Old 10-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #221
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

That could be turned around on you! There are "opinion shows" and then there is the news.Many Americans can tell the difference.just as their are "opinion pieces in Newspapers,people new it was a "columnist who wrote it and their opinion .Now you have people on the internet tell the world that some Joe Smo's blog is news becuase they can provide a link to it and then others call that the MSM,No,it's cheap and it's lazy to blame the media for everything and it is most definitely lazy to call all media the "liberal media" ,you act like FOX Media doesn't exists.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #222
Giantone
Gamebreaker

The Tangerine President is going to start a effing war sooner or later!

Donald Trump refuses to certify Iran nuclear deal

So he wants Iran deal gone even though they are complying and he won't Implement the Russian Sanctions,wonderful!

Is Trump dragging his feet on Russian sanctions? | MSNBC
Old 10-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #223
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I think its fairly naïve and lazy not to acknowledge facts. Media is biased and liberal.

Like I said, when these clowns in Hollywood tell you how to think and vote, point and laugh. That's what most of the country has done.
Yes, Fox News, Breitbart, and The Blaze are all biased and liberal. Like I said, media is an all-encompassing term. Being specific only helps your cause.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #224
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So what is the difference when Politicians are telling you who to vote for,I mean don't they have a vested interest in swaying your vote?I have said this before but entertainers have always been political Bob Hope,Frank Sinatra etc but to me the best example was during Vietnam with Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary, the Byrds,Phil Ochs,Woody and Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger,Crosby Stills and Nash(and Young).Like it or not they did help shorten the Vietnam war(conflict)

Entertainers have a platform not many people get so they use it to the best they can,so what? It's up to you and I to either like and or agree or disagree with them.That is America.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #225
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So what is the difference when Politicians are telling you who to vote for,I mean don't they have a vested interest in swaying your vote?I have said this before but entertainers have always been political Bob Hope,Frank Sinatra etc but to me the best example was during Vietnam with Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary, the Byrds,Phil Ochs,Woody and Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger,Crosby Stills and Nash(and Young).Like it or not they did help shorten the Vietnam war(conflict)

Entertainers have a platform not many people get so they use it to the best they can,so what? It's up to you and I to either like and or agree or disagree with them.That is America.
There is a big difference between constructing art to send an effective message versus grandstanding, talking about things they cannot to relate too or being a hypocrite for causes from which their own platform is built upon don’t practice it. Clear as fuck examples when talking about Hollywood and the media: gender equality when it comes to pay and sexual assault and rape in the workplace.

These people are clowns...don’t tell the rest of the country how to live when when you allow this type of behavior in your workplace.

He Gets Us