The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I'm a Fed myself, not interested in doing four 10 hr days though, I want four 8 hr days, same pay.

Housing costs are just getting to be outrageous.

Vote for Matty 2024!!!!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #212
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Federal workers in DC have been doing the M though Thurs work week for decades now. Thats why traffic is light around here on Fridays.

I dont need to work less, I need my money to be able to afford more.

I bought a townhouse for 240k 5 years ago. A neighbor just sold their less desirable house for 341k. I got 100k in savings. Pocket perhaps 160k from selling my house now.

I could buy a 500k house comfortably.

A 500k house around the DMV gets me another fucking town house.
You have to move out of DC but 500 grand can buy you a nice place.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:34 PM   #213
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anybody questioning Brown is a racist, we def didn’t see this coming.

Never mind Liberals falsely accuse Kavenaugh of rape and gang rape with not one shred of evidence or ACB is a white colonizer or racist because she adopted Haitian kids.
Honk Honk!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 04:42 PM   #214
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pre...il-2022-03-03/

Pressure grows on Biden to ban U.S. imports of Russian oil

A bipartisan group of U.S. senators introduced a bill on Thursday to ban U.S. imports of Russian oil, saying the shipments could be replaced by boosting output in North America and other places.

Time to get a vote on record on who actually supports Russia

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:45 PM   #215
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

A bipartisan group of U.S. senators introduced a bill on Thursday to ban U.S. imports of Russian oil, saying the shipments could be replaced by boosting output in North America and other places.

Do you, Tucker Carlson and every conservative promise to scream about even higher gas prices and blame it all on President Biden once he signs it?

March 7, 2022 -- "Biden is financing Putins invasion!"

March 17, 2022 -- "Gas was never above $4 when Donald J Trump was president .. during the pandemic .. when no one around the world was driving and the demand for gas was low ... "

Gotta promise me that what ever way this goes .. its all CRTs fault. And Immigration. And the Stolen Election. And pedophiles with lasers starting fires.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #216
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Seems to be a crack in the republican structure ..............

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-renews-...074544823.html

Trump renews NATO criticism after Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Old 03-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #217
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I think the most important thing out of this is bipartisanship. Get the bill passed. The president signs it and then Senate and Congress need to defend president when prices don't go down instead of going back to their bases. First it is not like flipping on a light switch and second OPEC will always dictate prices.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:08 PM   #218
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think the most important thing out of this is bipartisanship. Get the bill passed. The president signs it and then Senate and Congress need to defend president when prices don't go down instead of going back to their bases. First it is not like flipping on a light switch and second OPEC will always dictate prices.
That shouldn't mean he can't be attacked if he continues his idiotic domestic energy production/infrastructure policies. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be backing off from what he did last year.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:15 PM   #219
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
That shouldn't mean he can't be attacked if he continues his idiotic domestic energy production/infrastructure policies. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be backing off from what he did last year.
What he did last year is not at issue right now and certainly not the reason prices are what they are.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:26 PM   #220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Do you, Tucker Carlson and every conservative promise to scream about even higher gas prices and blame it all on President Biden once he signs it?

March 7, 2022 -- "Biden is financing Putins invasion!"

March 17, 2022 -- "Gas was never above $4 when Donald J Trump was president .. during the pandemic .. when no one around the world was driving and the demand for gas was low ... "

Gotta promise me that what ever way this goes .. its all CRTs fault. And Immigration. And the Stolen Election. And pedophiles with lasers starting fires.
Yes absolutely because when you come into office and ban fracking, the pipeline (both laughable, poor decisions), allow pipelines to be hacked by Russians, shutdown leases and drilling…yet you incompetently remove sanctions on Nordstream 2..you effectively making policy decisions to impact people wallet and inflation here in this country. And for what?

We could be pumping 2 million barrels per day, but you rather engage Iran and Venezuela for oil? How fucking high and incompetent is this President?

Biden is to blame, period. Russia just didn’t do this invasion over night, they been sitting there waiting.

He Gets Us
Old 03-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #221
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
?

Biden is to blame, period. Russia just didn’t do this invasion over night, they been sitting there waiting.

Seriously , the dumbest shit you've posted!
Old 03-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #222
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I would love to see this Lady slapped down chico like she does this moron from FOX! As usual facts shut up the trump sheep!

https://news.yahoo.com/jen-psaki-sch...000415892.html

HuffPost
Jen Psaki Schools Fox News' Peter Doocy With Facts: 'I Know That Can Be Inconvenient'

Jen Psaki

Mary Papenfuss
Mon, March 7, 2022, 7:04 PM
In this article:

Jen Psaki

American political advisor and White House press secretary
No-nonsense White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Monday used “facts” to shoot down hectoring questions on mounting gasoline prices from Fox News reporter Peter Doocy. “I know that can be inconvenient,” she noted sarcastically.

Doocy pressed her on fuel prices as he dismissed the widely held position that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has triggered the recent leap in costs — and instead blamed Biden administration policies.

“There’s no question” the price hikes are a “direct result of the invasion of Ukraine,” Psaki responded. “Federal policies are not limiting the supplies of oil and gas,” she added.

When Doocy interrupted her, Psaki fired back: “Peter, let me give you the facts here. I know that can be inconvenient, but I think they’re important in this moment.”

Biden administration officials have been “clear” about the need for the U.S. oil supply to meet demand while also pushing for a shift to renewable energy sources, she said.

Psaki pointed out that the U.S. is one of the world’s largest producers of oil and gas, noting that oil production in the nation is at “record numbers.”

Meanwhile, there are “9,000 approved drilling permits that are not being used, so the suggestion that we are not allowing companies to drill is inaccurate,” Psaki added. “I would suggest you ask the oil companies why they’re not using those if there’s a desire to drill more.”
Old 03-08-2022, 09:20 AM   #223
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

^^^^^

The oil game is a crazy fucking game. So many actors, levers, countries, groups, corporations, politicians, etc., etc.

I really need to read more about it. I have no idea how to cut the blame pie.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Blame is who is running the country. Democrats have the President and the Congress. Their strategy with energy and their failed policy toward Russia are direct contributors to this effort

Also we know gas, heating cost have risen as a direct result based on their policy day 1 and way before the Ukraine crisis. While Ukraine will make the problem worse, gas prices have been high way before this started.

But no more mean tweets

There will be no gas lighting Ukraine is the only cost of rising oil price.

He Gets Us
Old 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #225
SunnySide
Playmaker

Biden expected to ban Russian energy imports today

From CNN's Kaitlan Collins, Jeremy Diamond, Kevin Liptak and Phil Mattingly

US President Joe Biden is expected to today ban Russian oil, natural gas and coal imports to the US, according to three sources familiar with the decision.

The US will make the move unilaterally, without its European allies, due to disagreement among European nations about whether to ban Russian energy. EU countries have significantly more exposure to Russian energy than the US.

US officials decided, given the extreme political pressure at home, they could move without the coalition and not create major issues.

Biden is expected to address the news at 10:45 a.m. ET.

US imports from Russia make up a small slice of the energy universe — roughly 8% in 2021, of which only about 3% was crude oil. White House economic officials have been engaged for more than a week in how to manage any decision to cut off those imports, according to officials.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...760f9380015787

Going it alone wout Europe.

Gas was $3.30 gallon in January .. now its $4.17 and about to get a lot higher during the spring summer driving season.

----------------

Is anyone against allowing Venezuela to sell their oil on the global market to ease things? Maduro is a dictator and huge Russia ally but Im all for easing things, Maduro has expressed interest and in some trickle down way that would have to help the people of Venezuela.

Rather get oil from a weak dictator to hurt a strong dictator currently invading a sovereign country.

Perhaps weaken a Russian alliance.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote