What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 10-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
For those that deal with customers on the phone a lot, how about when people call and leave a message and either talk so fast you can't write their number down without listening to the message 3 times or they don't leave a number at all. I love it.
That's a huge pet peeve of mine. People talk slow through the message and then turn into when giving out a phone number. I always make sure to enunciate each number so I know there is no confusion.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

I'm really ready to go off the deep end this morning. One of my co-workers has been listening to that Eminem & Lil Wayne song on a constant loop for the last 2 days. I'm not kidding, over and over and over and over. Oh and once in a while she mixes in that Eminem & Rihanna song for a change of pace. 2 songs, 2 days.

Holy F.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Dumbasses who come into Gamestop where I work and ask me where the games are

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
should have looked around and been like "ashton...am I being punked? Get your ass out here, I know this is a joke, no one is that stupid!"
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Where are the games?
No problem....over there....check out the "Stay Alive".
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Big gurls where i work who count calories, talk about losing weight 24/7, try different diets, use the stairs instead of the elevator, etc and then everyday at lunch put in to order out chicken wings from b-dubs, or pizza, or chinese food, and then ask to eat someones snacks like doritos, chocolate etc. The true gear grind then are the comments after they cheat. "i shouldnt done that", "ill eat a salad for dinner", etc.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Big gurls where i work who count calories, talk about losing weight 24/7, try different diets, use the stairs instead of the elevator, etc and then everyday at lunch put in to order out chicken wings from b-dubs, or pizza, or chinese food, and then ask to eat someones snacks like doritos, chocolate etc. The true gear grind then are the comments after they cheat. "i shouldnt done that", "ill eat a salad for dinner", etc.
I hate that too. Either lose weight and be serious about it, or don't and stop fooling yourself. You just know they aren't eating that salad later on either. They'll make another excuse and say I'll start tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I hate that too. Either lose weight and be serious about it, or don't and stop fooling yourself. You just know they aren't eating that salad later on either. They'll make another excuse and say I'll start tomorrow.

We have a some what fat girl in our office who is always saying crap like that and she wears one of those step measures on her belt as that some how helps.

Anyways when we go out to lunch or run an errand we always buy like the cheap Wal-Mart cookies or some candy and shove it on the community table.

She is always like "OH god who bought these??" Then all you hear are cookie monster like sounds as she eats the box of them. Only difference between her and cookie monster is she leaves NO crumbs behind.

Her name is Heidi D. we call her HD. So we talk about her right in front of her face and she thinks we are talking about TV's. It is so funny!

BTW- she is a know it all type so this is why we really pick on her not really becasue of her weight it is just an easy target.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We have a some what fat girl in our office who is always saying crap like that and she wears one of those step measures on her belt as that some how helps.

Anyways when we go out to lunch or run an errand we always buy like the cheap Wal-Mart cookies or some candy and shove it on the community table.

She is always like "OH god who bought these??" Then all you hear are cookie monster like sounds as she eats the box of them. Only difference between her and cookie monster is she leaves NO crumbs behind.

Her name is Heidi D. we call her HD. So we talk about her right in front of her face and she thinks we are talking about TV's. It is so funny!

BTW- she is a know it all type so this is why we really pick on her not really becasue of her weight it is just an easy target.
lol...yeah see in my office when the big gurls start spewing that nonsense I mention above, I sometimes will make a comment out loud of "I dont know why you say stuff like that, your dont really need too". That does 2 things:

1. Gives me and some of the guys in the surrounding area something to quietly laugh about on microsoft office communicator for half the day

2. To the more attractive, Ef-able gurls in the area, its either a joke to some as well or the others its lets them know Im a nice guy

the key is not to sound like a d-bag. if it comes out d-bag, it can be a fail

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

I don't want to make like it's just the women either, they are plenty of guys in my office that eat themselves into a food coma on a regular basis, they just don't pretend to be on diets.

We've got this one older dude who always falls asleep in meetings, and I swear half the day he sleeps at his desk. Maybe it's because for a typical lunch he has 3 slices of thick crust pizza, 2 slices of cheesecake, and washes it down with a liter of soda, and then snacks on cookies and candy all day?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #11
saden1
MVP

We got a guy at the office who talks a lot. This guys has nothing to do 6 hours out of 8 during the day and so he is constantly making cube calls. You would be working and there he is sighing next to your cube trying to get your attention. We call him "The Word Monster" and we take turns to feed him a few words and then pass him on to the next cube.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
We got a guy at the office who talks a lot. This guys has nothing to do 6 hours out of 8 during the day and so he is constantly making cube calls. You would be working and there he is sighing next to your cube trying to get your attention. We call him "The Word Monster" and we take turns to feed him a few words and then pass him on to the next cube.
One of my buddies was like that, we called him the wanderer, he was always just floating around the office bugging everyone.

Also reminds me of the people that talk on the phone all day or are outside smoking and then have the balls to complain how busy and backed up they are.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post

That is the issue with the big gurl I mentioned either she will come by and tell you how her 3 year old is the next JC or how yo ushould be doing something her way. It is so annoying.

One guy in my office said it is like the scene from Airplane when people are killing themselves from boredom when he is telling his life story.

Another thing is folks who come in on their own "hours" like work 6-2 when the office is open 8 to 5 or they skip lunch hours all week and leave at 2 on Friday, yet their phone still rings and we have to help their govt customers, so annoying!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Stupidity.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

My office used to be really relaxed with work hours, they just recently put an end to that though. Probably for the best as people used to just come and go as they pleased and took insanely long lunches. You know the usual give people an inch and they take a mile.