Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM   #211
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Around the NFL - FA tampering/start

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
John Lynch was the GM anyways.

Yeah sometimes i think everyone believes Peters was the end all be all of personnel decisions in SF.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2024, 03:32 PM   #212
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Did anyone see that the Chiefs got fucking Hollywood Brown?

That’s gonna be a big problem

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:26 AM   #213
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I'm not sure if the injury is the only reason why Young didn't play well as he did in the rookie year. Someone (a 49ers fan) made a video that shows multiple clips where Young slacked off on some plays, there were even a couple of plays where he was only 2-3 feet away from the ball runners and yet he didn't run hard to tackle them, which ended up allowing the runners to make a huge gain or scored a TD.
Yeah I'm tired of the injury excuse regarding Chase Young. In the 9 games before he got hurt that season he had 1.5 sacks. In his "great" rookie season he had 7.5. That was not what we expected the day he was drafted, he just has never been able to get to the QB at the NFL level. And now he is lazy.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:21 PM   #214
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Fuck CY, on his 3rd team already, talking about how he wanted a winning culture so that's why he signed in New Orleans, dude you were just on a SB team WTF are you talking about. Signs a contract and heads right to surgery, FFS.

LOL.

I'm old enough to remember a lot of fans around here were dismissing other fans when they were questioning CY for missing camps. They were constantly giving him passes on being out there chasing the bag instead of working on his craft.

Make no mistake about it. If guys are missing camp, no matter if its voluntary or not, it's a problem. Especially if it's guys that are young, not established nor proved their effort level. The biggest bag is going to come when these dudes become all-pros, I don't see why they don't get that. It's entirely different if a guy is established as a stud, wants a contract and holds out. I can understand that. I can't understand is guys thinking they better than they are and chasing bags instead of greatness.

Chase robbed the Saints of 12mil. I wouldn't have given him 5mil, never the less 12.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-27-2024 at 11:55 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:35 PM   #215
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
LOL.

I'm old enough to remember a lot of fans around here were dismissing other fans when they were questioning CY for missing camps. They were constantly giving him passes on being out there chasing the bag instead of working on his craft.

Make no mistake about it. If guys are missing camp, no matter if its voluntary or not, it's a problem. Especially if it's guys that are young, not established and proved their effort level. The biggest bag is going to come when these dudes become all-pros, I don't see why they don't get that. It's entirely different if a guy is established as a stud, wants a contract and holds out. I can understand that. I can't understand is guys thinking they better than they are and chasing bags instead of greatness.

Chase robbed the Saints of 12mil. I wouldn't have given him 5mil, never the less 12.
I would despise OSU if it wasn't for Terry McLaurin.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:03 AM   #216
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
LOL.

Make no mistake about it. If guys are missing camp, no matter if its voluntary or not, it's a problem. Especially if it's guys that are young, not established nor proved their effort level. The biggest bag is going to come when these dudes become all-pros, I don't see why they don't get that. It's entirely different if a guy is established as a stud, wants a contract and holds out. I can understand that. I can't understand is guys thinking they better than they are and chasing bags instead of greatness.

Bro, we drafted him 4 years ago, as long as you are over the age of 5 you probably remember the whole situation, lol
Old 03-28-2024, 08:11 AM   #217
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Fuck CY, on his 3rd team already, talking about how he wanted a winning culture so that's why he signed in New Orleans, dude you were just on a SB team WTF are you talking about. Signs a contract and heads right to surgery, FFS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4bdljHUX6c

Pat had a nice little segment on CY, very informative

It's, not $13M GTD
Old 03-28-2024, 07:14 PM   #218
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Bro, we drafted him 4 years ago, as long as you are over the age of 5 you probably remember the whole situation, lol
I was being funny with that. Play along man....lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 12:27 PM   #219
Hoglips
Camp Scrub

Quote:
But NC is right in his assessment, I think. A selfish, self-centered guy who needed to work on his game, as opposed to his brand?
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 12:46 PM   #220
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I was being funny with that. Play along man....lol
gotcha
Old 03-29-2024, 12:54 PM   #221
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglips View Post
But NC is right in his assessment, I think. A selfish, self-centered guy who needed to work on his game, as opposed to his brand?
honestly you know what i think, i see it in youth sports the grass roots of this, both my kids are heavily involved

youth sports is do much money now a days and parents want their kids on THE team (winning) so these clubs go looking for the best kids don't charge them tuition and they attract so many other kids to that team; the HERO BALL kids are so babied its ridiculous; we are now seeing it bubble up to the professional level

a lot of times these kids are not even that great they just won the puberty lottery; I bet you anything chase was coddled at OSU and Dehmatha High

Chase's issue was he was spoiled, told he was great before he was great, and just heavily leaned on his physically size/skills but was too lazy to perfect the advance skills have his job to make it at the pro level
Old 03-29-2024, 01:50 PM   #222
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
honestly you know what i think, i see it in youth sports the grass roots of this, both my kids are heavily involved

youth sports is do much money now a days and parents want their kids on THE team (winning) so these clubs go looking for the best kids don't charge them tuition and they attract so many other kids to that team; the HERO BALL kids are so babied its ridiculous; we are now seeing it bubble up to the professional level

a lot of times these kids are not even that great they just won the puberty lottery; I bet you anything chase was coddled at OSU and Dehmatha High

Chase's issue was he was spoiled, told he was great before he was great, and just heavily leaned on his physically size/skills but was too lazy to perfect the advance skills have his job to make it at the pro level
Yeah . . . even in youth club flag teams. Its ridiculous!! I coach 3/4 grade, 5/6 grade and 7/8 grade Gridiron recreational teams. When i get a team we start out getting crushed, but by the end of the season or even better if i can keep a team together for a second season they start to be able compete against the club teams that sign up for Gridiron recreation leagues to "practice". Once we start to compete these club teams come in and take all my players as they pay their fees and promise them glory that i can't/won't do. And yes, the really good ones get everything handed to them, even as little kids!!

Yesterday we had 3 games and my 3rd and 4th grade team (Washington Commanders) beat up on a club team (Chicago bears, lol) yesterday 24 - 6. First game of the year. And no kidding, coaches are already trying to poach some of the kids for next season!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:40 PM   #223
Defensewins
Playmaker

Not sure why FS Justin Simmons is still available in the FA market?
Not sure how much $ he is asking for but maybe he can be recruited by our popular new coaching staff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzXFvn4aAA

6’2” 202 pounds
Prefect size and play.
Leads all current NFL current players with 30 interceptions and he is 30 years old. He would solidify our defense instantly.

Last edited by Defensewins; 04-02-2024 at 09:01 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:22 PM   #224
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Not sure why FS Justin Simmons is still available in the FA market?
Not sure how much $ he is asking for but maybe he can be recruited by our popular new coaching staff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzXFvn4aAA

6’2” 202 pounds
Prefect size and play.
Leads all current NFL current players with 30 interceptions and he is 30 years old. He would solidify our defense instantly.
Apparently safeties and running backs are all useless. Just plug and play.

I disagree this is true, and definitely with safeties, but that seems to be the case based on how the market is playing out.

It doesn't make sense to me, it's obviously a passing league, but somehow either of us could possibly start at safety for us.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:21 AM   #225
AnonEmouse
The Starter

You're not wrong and it doesn't make sense. You'd think it was highly imperative for a defence to have a FS that could cover side-line to side-line and get you picks. SS seems more of a hybrid position across the league, with so many nickel and dime schemes in use, but even then you want a guy who can cover, particularly TE's. Are we maybe missing a new Ed Reed/Sean Taylor equivalent to reset the standard/market?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote