Parkland Shooting

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-31-2022, 12:41 PM   #211
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico stop with all your BS you're as bad as the rest of the GOP assholes. There was no defund the Police situation in this shooting or in Buffalo, comparing these incidents to a rise in crime in the cities is fucking stupid. To blame the Dems because the GOP won't pass gun laws shows how ignorant and stupid you are.
Let me fact check you again, defund the police movement…an established failure…removed police and security from schools across the country:

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/de...-floyd/2021/06

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-school-police

To blame democrats polices in an increase in violence across the country especially in cities with the highest increases is absolutely backed by the data. They are responsible as they run these shithole cities sometimes 30-60 years straight. They are refusing to prosecute gun crime, which is a fact backed by the data…if you refuse to prosecute gun charges, where is the logic in in additional measures…when the measures don’t stop it in the shitholes they run?

Let me remind you also again, democrats are in charge of both houses of congress and the presidency.

To compare the mass shooting in Buffalo and Texas to violence across the country is also viable. As you and other leftist do, you only pay attention to mass shootings when it’s politically comfortable: here again is the mass shooting archive, get familiar with the offenders and victims as well as the places where these occur:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Or simply ignore it as it doesn’t fit your narrative.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-31-2022, 12:52 PM   #212
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Let me fact check you again, defund the police movement….
Old 05-31-2022, 12:58 PM   #213
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Let me fact check you again, defund the police movement…an established failure…removed police and security from schools across the country:

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/de...-floyd/2021/06

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-school-police

To blame democrats polices in an increase in violence across the country especially in cities with the highest increases is absolutely backed by the data. They are responsible as they run these shithole cities sometimes 30-60 years straight. They are refusing to prosecute gun crime, which is a fact backed by the data…if you refuse to prosecute gun charges, where is the logic in in additional measures…when the measures don’t stop it in the shitholes they run?

Let me remind you also again, democrats are in charge of both houses of congress and the presidency.

To compare the mass shooting in Buffalo and Texas to violence across the country is also viable. As you and other leftist do, you only pay attention to mass shootings when it’s politically comfortable: here again is the mass shooting archive, get familiar with the offenders and victims as well as the places where these occur:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Or simply ignore it as it doesn’t fit your narrative.
STFU,

Old 05-31-2022, 07:25 PM   #214
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Reading this back and forth is like listening to an argument between a Kindergartner and his teacher. One side makes perfect sense backed by facts and analysis, while the other side is sticking his tongue out going nanny nanny boo boo.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #215
MTK
\m/

Texas Artist Made 19 Custom Caskets for Uvalde Shooting Victims
Old 06-01-2022, 10:41 AM   #216
MTK
\m/

How about we start with something along these lines?

Old 06-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #217
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

^^^^^

I am absolutely fine with reasonable requirements to obtain a gun. There would need to be an appeals process in place though, for anyone denied the right to own a gun based on a background check.

My issue always comes down to the guns themselves. I don't trust the government to stop at AR-15 type weapons (Biden already slipped up this week talking about bullets that are used in certain handguns) even if I was Ok with those being banned (I'm not), or want the government telling me what I need or don't need. America isn't founded on the government allowing us only to have what they deem we need. We have the freedom to get what we want.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #218
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
^^^^^

I am absolutely fine with reasonable requirements to obtain a gun. There would need to be an appeals process in place though, for anyone denied the right to own a gun based on a background check.

My issue always comes down to the guns themselves. I don't trust the government to stop at AR-15 type weapons (Biden already slipped up this week talking about bullets that are used in certain handguns) even if I was Ok with those being banned (I'm not), or want the government telling me what I need or don't need. America isn't founded on the government allowing us only to have what they deem we need. We have the freedom to get what we want.
Except when it comes to abortions right? What about drugs?

Is there any reason why an average person needs an AR-15?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #219
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Except when it comes to abortions right? What about drugs?

Is there any reason why an average person needs an AR-15?
I believe that life begins at conception. We do not have a right to infringe on another person's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My rights end where yours begin. So being against abortion and pro-second amendment are not conflicting beliefs imo.

I am for legalizing drugs.

If people enjoy shooting, they need a gun they like to shoot. And I don't care if they need one or not. Being an American and wanting one is good enough reason for me. If we outlawed all things we don't "need" that could be harmful, then throw out all your bacon, your burgers, your pasta, your beer, your spirits, I meant this list can go on and on.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #220
MTK
\m/

We asked every senator what action should be taken on guns. Here’s what they said
Old 06-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #221
MTK
\m/

I hate how these conversations always break down into bickering... at the end of the day I think we can all agree nobody wants to see mass shootings, nobody wants to see innocent people gunned down, especially children in schools. Can we just do something about it already? The majority of Americans are in favor of common sense gun reform, so why is nothing being done? It's just so frustrating.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:47 PM   #222
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I believe that life begins at conception. We do not have a right to infringe on another person's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My rights end where yours begin. So being against abortion and pro-second amendment are not conflicting beliefs imo.

I am for legalizing drugs.

If people enjoy shooting, they need a gun they like to shoot. And I don't care if they need one or not. Being an American and wanting one is good enough reason for me. If we outlawed all things we don't "need" that could be harmful, then throw out all your bacon, your burgers, your pasta, your beer, your spirits, I meant this list can go on and on.
I think you are confusing harmful and deadly.

Good luck mowing down a elementary school with a cheeseburger.

Plus your harmful list are things i choose or the user chooses to harm themselves with. Unless the user is using the AR 15 to kill themselves their "harmful/deadly" "need" only harms others that didn't choose to be harmed.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #223
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I hate how these conversations always break down into bickering... at the end of the day I think we can all agree nobody wants to see mass shootings, nobody wants to see innocent people gunned down, especially children in schools. Can we just do something about it already? The majority of Americans are in favor of common sense gun reform, so why is nothing being done? It's just so frustrating.
Mostly because one side tries to justify by comparing to something else that has nothing to do with the issue.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:56 PM   #224
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
This goes beyond gun control or party imo. Most politicians are in D.C. to get elected, stay elected, and get rich off of us. That means scoring points with their media supporters and staunchest voters, who aren't satisfied with anything less than 100% of what they want. I believe that most of us are willing to compromise at least somewhat. But I don't think most of us are actually represented well by our elected officials and helping out all Americans by coming together somewhere in the middle and compromising is low down on the totem pole.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #225
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
How about we start with something along these lines?

I'd be fine with that and I would add must be 21 to purchase.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...ople-under-18/

CHICAGO (NewsNation) — The suspect in Tuesday’s massacre at a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school was a teenager, as most school shooters have been over the past decade.

Since 1999, seven in 10 school shootings have been carried out by people under the age of 18, when counting cases where the shooter’s age was recorded, The Washington Post reported. The median age of school shooters is 16.