When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Seems Trumps Supreme Court Justice just got a history lesson.

Very interesting read,I actually like Gorsuch .

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/j...073539309.html
Agreed, Gorsuch schooled Ginsburg.

Gorsuch: "The court dismisses this 'history lesson' on the ground that it doesn’t know if Congress had 'the ancient common-law … in mind.' But respect for Congress’s competency means we presume it knows the substance of the state laws it expressly incorporates into its statutes and the common law against which it operates.”

Of course Gorsuch was in the minority in this decision, this is still the Scotus that reinterpreted words like "tax" to uphold the Obamacare mandate. But at least to some justices, words and principles still mean things.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

When is Enough ,Enough?

Source

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/di...hole-comments/
Old 01-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

When is Enough ,Enough?

Don’t bother trying to justify or explain it, Trump is just a shitbag of a human being who simply has no business being President
Old 01-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Don’t bother trying to justify or explain it, Trump is just a shitbag of a human being who simply has no business being President
Look...yes. But so is dan Snyder owner redskins...we’re stuck.

I really think the most interesting portion we are missing is the fact we and the media is focused on shithole. We are missing the bigger picture, which is trump doesn’t understand immigration and the most telling is when he said Norway.

Look people in Norway are doing fine and guess what, they wouldn’t want to live here. They see our pop culture, like most in Europe, laugh and say they would never put up with this shit here. It’s tough to blame them for that perception.

What trump is missing is through legal immigration we are gathering the best, most determined people in the world who hold extremely strong core values. To go through the process, pay the expense, and then pick up everything and move them and their family....it’s the balls this country needs and it’s the balls this country was built on. We need to import these folks with these values and hopefully it can show the trifling, bullshit folks...that hey, these people are doing it here with no excuses.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Trump says he'd love to see a shutdown over immigration. While DACA is widely supported by both parties I think he is right, Americans are fed up with federal employees being used as pawns between the two parties. The problem is that if dems don't stand up for DACA now incumbent dems they will lose their leverage going into 2018 primaries. I am okay with that. I have felt the dem leadership has always talked a progressive talk but when it comes down to action they are centrists and give up on liberal ideals and it is time to move left.
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Trump says he'd love to see a shutdown over immigration. While DACA is widely supported by both parties I think he is right, Americans are fed up with federal employees being used as pawns between the two parties. The problem is that if dems don't stand up for DACA now incumbent dems they will lose their leverage going into 2018 primaries. I am okay with that. I have felt the dem leadership has always talked a progressive talk but when it comes down to action they are centrists and give up on liberal ideals and it is time to move left.
I still say the Military should be exempt from the shut down and add "ALL" Congressional and House members and employees included in it then see what happens.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I still say the Military should be exempt from the shut down and add "ALL" Congressional and House members and employees included in it then see what happens.
Something we can agree on!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I am assuming you mean all military staff and not just essential?
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I'm not defending Rob Porter in any way, so please don't say I am. I am curious though if the story is "big enough" to merit non-stop coverage all week?

I didn't put this in the Media Bias thread, because I don't see this one as a CNN or MSNBC bias, they are reporting on a valid story. It's just the amount of tv and website coverage seems excessive - and Fox's was definitely minimal (which certainly is part of their bias).

Please don't bash Fox or praise CNN in any responses, I just want to know if you all personally feel the story was worth the duration and priority given it.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I'm not defending Rob Porter in any way, so please don't say I am. I am curious though if the story is "big enough" to merit non-stop coverage all week?

I didn't put this in the Media Bias thread, because I don't see this one as a CNN or MSNBC bias, they are reporting on a valid story. It's just the amount of tv and website coverage seems excessive - and Fox's was definitely minimal (which certainly is part of their bias).

Please don't bash Fox or praise CNN in any responses, I just want to know if you all personally feel the story was worth the duration and priority given it.
Given the climate that is surrounding us in today's World such as the Weinstein situation it's not unexpected.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:26 AM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Given the climate that is surrounding us in today's World such as the Weinstein situation it's not unexpected.
I agree. I don't read Fox or CNN so idk what their response to it has been, but given the #metoo movement it seems reportable. Idk if the coverage has been non stop, but then again I only glanced at the one article that said FBI wanted to deny him clearance based off two ex-wives saying he's a wife beater. WH says nah he's fine, Porter resigns to take heat off of WH. Unless I missed something, seems I have the gist of it and it's not by biggest issue by far with the WH so not really something I'm going to pay much attention to unless some new details come out.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #12
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

What’s your opinion on Trumps response to the Porter situation?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:14 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
What’s your opinion on Trumps response to the Porter situation?
As with most things Trump, he didn't handle it in a politically expedient way. He handled it like a CEO, or the Catholic church with its scandals, which is to say he buried it and tried to protect his guy. Once it became a liability he cut bait.

So with that said the short answer is that with a top security position like that his response was screwed up.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

He handled it like a dummy, let’s call it like it is
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He handled it like a dummy, let’s call it like it is
Yeah but Obama probably had a POS on his staff too, so it cancels out.