Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2023, 05:39 PM   #211
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Trade deadline approaching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm torn on the Young deal.

On one hand, he's never shown the ability to be a gamechanger. I felt like he was progressing well coming off that knee injury though and I was optimistic about his future. Maybe not 15-20 sacks optimistic but he is talented no doubt.

Here is one quote from a fan that I happen to agree with:

Quote:
Chase was freelancing and honestly made the line worse by playing greedy and trying to pad his own numbers. It became very obvious the decline of the line started when he returned.
I still think our DC is a bigger issue than Chase freelancing, but it was obvious at times he was doing his own thing or not listening to coaching.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2023, 05:41 PM   #212
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I’m betting Ron won’t last the season …
I hope he does. Really no sense in parting ways right now. However, the following day after the last game of the season should be an announcement of a change in direction. I don't mean two weeks, a month, I mean first thing the next morning.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-31-2023, 05:56 PM   #213
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Trade deadline approaching...

In Chase Young, I saw a lot of LaVar Arrington, a great physical athlete who wasn’t coachable and who could be contained by better opponent coaching. Right on brand for Snyder, but not right for this rebuild. I wish him the best in SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2023, 06:23 PM   #214
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
this was always going to be a lame duck team and coaching staff unless by some football miracle they light it up this year

AGAIN i keep saying this if RR and company wanted to be here and respected all they had to FUCKING do was beat the winless Bears and the hapless Giants; we be 5-3 with two solid performances against the Eagles

Those 2 losses buried the coaching staff and caused this two trades today
This.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:24 PM   #215
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
3rd round pick for Young.... More like 3.5 or 3.75th round pick..
conditional pick . . . could be a 2nd if certain conditions are met
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:30 PM   #216
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I hope he does. Really no sense in parting ways right now. However, the following day after the last game of the season should be an announcement of a change in direction. I don't mean two weeks, a month, I mean first thing the next morning.
Agreed. Honestly think if Ron lasts the year he's gonna do the dignified thing and retire - he's a lousy coach but he typically operates with respectability. He knows that would be better than the alternative. Besides, nobody's gonna be looking for a head coach with 3 winning seasons in 13 years.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:32 PM   #217
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
In Chase Young, I saw a lot of LaVar Arrington, a great physical athlete who wasn’t coachable and who could be contained by better opponent coaching. Right on brand for Snyder, but not right for this rebuild. I wish him the best in SF.

Seems accurate - my fear is San Fran unlocks him in the same way Bill Belichick unlocked Randy Moss after his career was being wasted in Oakland.

Good coaches know how to get the best out of great players - San Fran has always had a respectable coaching staff that knows how to get the best out of its' d-line.

Chase was probably freelancing because he didn't respect this coaching staff - and for good reason too - JDR and Ron have no idea what they're doing.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:35 PM   #218
rocnrik
Playmaker

Chase on this team would not have made ANY difference in wins or losses the rest of year .. our D is Bad to begin with ..we had Six first round pick players out there in Chicago and they laid 40 on us .. you can point fingers at who made all the decisions to draft the guys and then the coaches ..We can build around Payne/Allen but need LB bad and some D backs..
might as well start now with the future ..

Last edited by rocnrik; 10-31-2023 at 06:51 PM.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 07:26 PM   #219
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The 9ers will soon find out why we gave him up. He’s not that guy

Old 10-31-2023, 07:43 PM   #220
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I feel bad for Sweat, he goes to the Bears while CY might be going to the Super Bowl and did nothing for it.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:57 PM   #221
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I feel bad for Sweat, he goes to the Bears while CY might be going to the Super Bowl and did nothing for it.

I don't even get the Bears play here. Why trade for Sweat? It's not like they are in contention or even close to it. Why waste that pick? Ultimately, they're going to lose the draft pick AND give up a huge contract. That's what bad teams do.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:32 PM   #222
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
conditional pick . . . could be a 2nd if certain conditions are met
Is it? I hadn't seen that.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:31 PM   #223
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm torn on the Young deal.

On one hand, he's never shown the ability to be a gamechanger. I felt like he was progressing well coming off that knee injury though and I was optimistic about his future. Maybe not 15-20 sacks optimistic but he is talented no doubt.

Time will tell if we got fleeced by the 49ers yet again, but if they can maximize his potential they will be 2-2 in fleecing us on trades. Only way we win the deal is if he stays injured or just becomes a solid yet unspectacular end for them.

On its' face trading him after trading Sweat looks dumb. We had enough room to sign at least one of them this offseason and trying to become the first team to win without quality edge rushers is a bad look. I think JSW and Toohill are solid (Toohill has potential) but until we see how they react to the increased playing time they are unknowns.
I guess my thoughts on it are I would prefer to get his productivity for the rest of the year and the third round pick when he walks away. A third round pick is hard to get excited about. Odds are that player we draft will play less than 3 seasons in the nfl. Hardly a rebuild piece
Old 10-31-2023, 10:38 PM   #224
HTTR
Impact Rookie

This wasn’t a question of should we keep or trade CY. It was a question of whether we trade him or sign him to a long-term deal. Lots of reasons that would have given the new 2024 FO a lousy situation to deal with, including the possibility that we get nothing for him. Complaining about this deal is shortsighted

Old 10-31-2023, 11:09 PM   #225
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The 9ers will soon find out why we gave him up. He’s not that guy

I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happens.

cy is gonna be a great addition there. They will use him a lot better, they will coach him better amd they have the better supporting cast that will free him up more.

The guy will have a good rest of the year sure but if he stays there in the future he will only get better.

SF is just better.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote