Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Election Day

Debating with the enemy

View Poll Results: Anonymous Presidential Poll: Who did you vote for?
Clinton 16 44.44%
Trump 13 36.11%
Johnson 4 11.11%
Stein 1 2.78%
Other 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #211
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Election Day

I think the biggest failure of trump is he unwillingness to attempt to bring folks together while clearly explaining policies positions and benefits of these positions. He’s had opportunities to do that as well. The Charlottesville response was really terrible

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #212
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

This reminds me, is he taking a salary? I do recall him promising that as well.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #213
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This reminds me, is he taking a salary? I do recall him promising that as well.
According to politifact he has donated all of his salary so far.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ake-no-salary/
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #214
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
According to politifact he has donated all of his salary so far.

Trump-O-Meter: Take no salary | PolitiFact
He has all so made ten times his salary just by inflating the dues at his golf clubs and resorts.

President Donald Trump earns millions of dollars in fees from his club's new members | Miami Herald
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #215
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2je1Dd&ampcf=1

Complaining these guys make money from their position is equivalent to arguing a qb's worth against the salary cap. Like em or hate em they are going to make their money.

I still say the simple answer to the question of winning is yes. After 1 year and with a very strong opposition group he has managed his position and the economy to at the least do no harm and from many perspectives done actual positives.

You really want to go deep, even the racial and sexual harassment discussions are winning because for the first time in forever all sides are having frank open discussions and more powerful people are being held accountable then ever before. Are people hearing each other, I dont know but everyone is speaking truth not politically correct garbage.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL Y'ALL OUT THERE
Old 12-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #216
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
He has all so made ten times his salary just by inflating the dues at his golf clubs and resorts.

President Donald Trump earns millions of dollars in fees from his club's new members | Miami Herald
You aren't winning if you aren't getting richer due to your Presidency G1.

Me and CR see this differently I bet, on a technicality he's right that Trump hasn't taken a dime for the official salary of President, yet it doesn't matter because his businesses are raking in money from being associated. Don't forget, every time he visits his own golf course, we have to pay for the security detail, and that money goes right into the golf course proffers. It's a brilliant business strategy.

CRed, this Russia investigation means nothing to me unless he can find hard evidence (which does include subordinates like Flynn flipping on the higher ups, which is a mainstay of our criminal justice system, or even a paper trail of some sort). If they got nothing concrete, oh well.

Chico I agree, he only panders to his base and ignores everyone who has any objection. Imagine a world where Congress and him say "gee we'd have no problem passing legislation where we take into account the other side of the aisle, and work together to find a compromise that works for everyone."

Instead you end up with tax reform bills where they buy votes by including certain things for certain senators to get them the bare minimum votes to pass. It's pathetic.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #217
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You aren't winning if you aren't getting richer due to your Presidency G1.

Me and CR see this differently I bet, on a technicality he's right that Trump hasn't taken a dime for the official salary of President, yet it doesn't matter because his businesses are raking in money from being associated. Don't forget, every time he visits his own golf course, we have to pay for the security detail, and that money goes right into the golf course proffers. It's a brilliant business strategy.

CRed, this Russia investigation means nothing to me unless he can find hard evidence (which does include subordinates like Flynn flipping on the higher ups, which is a mainstay of our criminal justice system, or even a paper trail of some sort). If they got nothing concrete, oh well.

Chico I agree, he only panders to his base and ignores everyone who has any objection. Imagine a world where Congress and him say "gee we'd have no problem passing legislation where we take into account the other side of the aisle, and work together to find a compromise that works for everyone."

Instead you end up with tax reform bills where they buy votes by including certain things for certain senators to get them the bare minimum votes to pass. It's pathetic.
I don't know that we see it differently, but let's just agree that no president left office poorer then when he entered.

I also agree flipping for lesser pleas is critical, so let's see if something is out there. But with all the leaks in that investigation if there was a whopper, I think it would have started flopping and you can believe CNN has every ear to the ground, every pole in the water trying to land it. Deep investigations take time, I understand that, but depending on where you mark the start of it we are between 8 months and 1 year or even more and no criminal basis has been even alleged in relation to election collusion.

As for one sided bills we started down that road in the Obama/Republican congress years and remember Trump actually did work with Pelosi and Schumer to pass one extension. I am more than willing to put equal part blame on the Senate majority leader and Republican do nothing's in Congress. There are bipartisan deals to be made but if Trump has to pander to his base (me) because the left HATES and the swamp republicans cant govern, then yes it will be one sided laws until the Congress actually works together like adults.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #218
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
  • The wall is ongoing, a competitive bidding is in place, and I would predict that DACA and the wall will go hand in hand in the next budget.
  • The travel ban is in place per the Supreme Court
  • Drain the swamp - what do you think the Corker retirement, the Flake retirement etc is all about. The swamp is republican as much as it is democrat.
  • Bringing jobs back - let's see the net effect of a better tax climate, and less regulations. Right now Politifact has this at half true, but that's with little legislative help from congress
  • Rebuild Infrastructure - let him have his first full budget ok?
  • Renegotiate NAFTA - they are having on going talks
  • Ditch Nato - Actually he said make NATO pay their fair share, and that is a valid goal that even CNN says is happening: NATO members to increase defense spending
  • Lock her up, Fix crime in Chicago - Those both would be pie in the sky winning.
  • no vacations - With all the winning I have shown he has accomplished the man can play golf every weekend, may the scores be ever in his favor.
  • Repeal Obamacare - he has signed some executive acts but the failure here is on the Republican swamp (looking at McCain here) who lied repeatedly to their constituents. Trump certainly twisted every arm he could to try to make it happen.

Like I said we see it differently
I hope the dems don't do their typical BS by asking for little and then getting less during budget talks. A budget won't pass without their support imo they should be asking for a lot more than just protecting the immensely popular DACA.

I do agree with you that he is doing what he wanted to accomplish in many ways, for example as much as I disagree with him pulling out of Paris (why we are the only nationnot there is an embarrassment if you ask me) I think he wants localities and businesses to take the initiative and limit carbon emissions on their own, and not the federal government regulate it, which was the direct response to the U.S. move.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #219
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I don't know that we see it differently, but let's just agree that no president left office poorer then when he entered.

I also agree flipping for lesser pleas is critical, so let's see if something is out there. But with all the leaks in that investigation if there was a whopper, I think it would have started flopping and you can believe CNN has every ear to the ground, every pole in the water trying to land it. Deep investigations take time, I understand that, but depending on where you mark the start of it we are between 8 months and 1 year or even more and no criminal basis has been even alleged in relation to election collusion.

As for one sided bills we started down that road in the Obama/Republican congress years and remember Trump actually did work with Pelosi and Schumer to pass one extension. I am more than willing to put equal part blame on the Senate majority leader and Republican do nothing's in Congress. There are bipartisan deals to be made but if Trump has to pander to his base (me) because the left HATES and the swamp republicans cant govern, then yes it will be one sided laws until the Congress actually works together like adults.
Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I'd like to believe in this age of leaks where nothing's sacred, that maybe something this critically important could stay sealed until it's time to make it public. Time will tell though.

I agree, one sided bills was a problem in the last administration too, but god forbid they decide to change something because precedent has been established. This is more of a Congress issue than a Trump thing, but still, it'd be nice to see more give-and-take on both sides instead of one side always disagreeing with the other.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #220
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I'd like to believe in this age of leaks where nothing's sacred, that maybe something this critically important could stay sealed until it's time to make it public. Time will tell though.

I agree, one sided bills was a problem in the last administration too, but god forbid they decide to change something because precedent has been established. This is more of a Congress issue than a Trump thing, but still, it'd be nice to see more give-and-take on both sides instead of one side always disagreeing with the other.
I had hoped that once the republicans failed at the repeal that Trump would broker a grand compromise, but in my view the lefts hatred (not dislike or disdain blind HATRED) of Trump made that impossible and forced Trump to move more to my side. Fact is I know there needs to be a balance but if the left concedes nothing then I won't either.

A great example exists right in this thread. A potential win win compromise that saves DACA and funds a border wall would be a win both sides could show their constituents, but Mattys response dictates mine. Instead of acknowledging Trump has constituents and they want an effective border wall he uses ad hominem attacks against the wall and proclaims DACA should stand alone. So ok I return the response of -no wall no DACA- simple but we both lose. it doesn't have to be that way, though if the left gets past its hatred and let's Trump be the negotiator he is. He will shake Shumers hand smiling ear to ear on how great the DACA dreamers will be and how magnificent the wall will look when finished, or they can snip and spit like two kids on a recess playground.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #221
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think the wall/DACA has a logic to both sides grandfathering in those who came here while setting physical impediments to future illegal immigration.

A second option would be to include the wall in any infrastructure bill. But rather than looking at deals the left has made intransigent positions and ridiculed those who see a different path.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:29 AM   #222
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think the wall/DACA has a logic to both sides grandfathering in those who came here while setting physical impediments to future illegal immigration.

A second option would be to include the wall in any infrastructure bill. But rather than looking at deals the left has made intransigent positions and ridiculed those who see a different path.
So how does that have Mexico pay for the Wall?
Old 12-12-2017, 06:56 AM   #223
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So how does that have Mexico pay for the Wall?
It doesn't.

But like I said it gives both political sides a win and like any compromise its not 100% what either side wants.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #224
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Just curious, what do you think of him as a person? I've always been independent with a slight left lean, but he just seems like such a terrible fucking person (I felt gross voting for Hillary too).
Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #225
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Just curious, what do you think of him as a person? I've always been independent with a slight left lean, but he just seems like such a terrible fucking person (I felt gross voting for Hillary too).
Best as I can tell he's the equivalent of the president from the movie Ideocracy. Not much to like about him as morals go.

That said, I believe Hillary to be a ten times worse human, and that's being polite.

It says alot about our country that those two were the headliners on the ballot and none of it is good.