When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #2161
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You really want to die on this hill that the President threatening military force against our own people is ok? Tear gassing citizens on his way to an asinine photo op is ok?
Yes he will , chico will try to spin it off topic on to something else becuase what trump did is undefendable.

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #2162
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
This is just as disgusting as George Floyd and then some as there were more participants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

There were only a handful of local protests. That is the town I went to High School in. I don't remember this getting much coverage as the victim was a small white homeless man. Most bad cops are equal opportunity victimizers but if it happens to a minority every Democrat immediately screams racism.

I always wonder what the root cause of bad cops is. Is it the type of person attracted to the job or does the job turn good people bad?

Probably some of both. Cops generally don’t make a ton of money, but it’s something you can get without higher education and you get to carry a gun and boss people around. That’s going to attract a lot of stupid, ignorant people who want power.

I can also see many good well meaning people being worn down by being surrounded by so many officers who fit into the previous category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #2163
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes he will , chico will try to spin it off topic on to something else becuase what trump did is undefendable.
So it seems you either are condoning looting and burning down the city or have a secret way of stopping it. Please tell, or do you just live to bad mouth everything Trump does, down to what he eats for breakfast.

Let us know what you would do with the wide spread looting and violence if you were in charge.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:14 PM   #2164
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Probably some of both. Cops generally don’t make a ton of money, but it’s something you can get without higher education and you get to carry a gun and boss people around. That’s going to attract a lot of stupid, ignorant people who want power.
It depends where you work, small town police don't make squat, but with overtime cops in large cities can easily make $100k+ a year with great benefits, and pensions that can pay them up to 75% of average pay of their last 3 years of service, for life, for being on the job 25 years or more.

They make a lot more than skilled tradesman.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:46 PM   #2165
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

I can also see many good well meaning people being worn down by being surrounded by so many officers who fit into the previous category.
Your post is borderline ignorant! Many ,many Police are former Military and go to the job becuase it's been what they trained for and for many it's what they are good at skill wise , they can't determine the difference in the enemy.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #2166
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So it seems you either are condoning looting and burning down the city or have a secret way of stopping it. Please tell, or do you just live to bad mouth everything Trump does, down to what he eats for breakfast.

Let us know what you would do with the wide spread looting and violence if you were in charge.
Seriously stop being a troll. chico is just a sad trumpett but you I thought were smarter ,I was wrong. He had city Police tear gas PEACEFUL PROTESTERS at a CHURCH for a PHOTO OP ........so where in the fuck do I condone looting ?
Old 06-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #2167
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This might be the ultimate bullshit media narrative... that rioting now is somehow acceptable? Burning down buildings, attacking people, violence is now ok?

These are the same people that shamed folks protesting, people on a fucking beach, people not wearing mask? Get the fuck out of here.

I’m just gonna remember for the future

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #2168
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Nightline pretty much made out George Foster to be quite the outstanding human being.

From the NY Post:

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

Yet the media makes him out to be a choir boy.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:55 AM   #2169
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Seriously stop being a troll. chico is just a sad trumpett but you I thought were smarter ,I was wrong. He had city Police tear gas PEACEFUL PROTESTERS at a CHURCH for a PHOTO OP ........so where in the fuck do I condone looting ?
I am troll but your obsessive Trump bashing is a perfectly normal interaction with people.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:13 AM   #2170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nightline pretty much made out George Foster to be quite the outstanding human being.

From the NY Post:

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

Seems you decided to go full moron in this thread. So it seems you decided this man should die is that it,you find the actions of the Police acceptable?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #2171
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I am troll but your obsessive Trump bashing is a perfectly normal interaction with people.
LOL, wow you've been drinking the chico water . You can not even answer to what trump did with logic or reason just attack me . I feel sad for you.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:17 AM   #2172
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This might be the ultimate bullshit media narrative... that rioting now is somehow acceptable? Burning down buildings, attacking people, violence is now ok?

These are the same people that shamed folks protesting, people on a fucking beach, people not wearing mask? Get the fuck out of here.

I’m just gonna remember for the future
Your media hate agenda has gone beyond reason.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #2173
MTK
\m/

Quote:

From the NY Post:

Nightline and the NY Post are part of the media last I checked.

Regardless of his past, did he deserve to die?

If your answer is no why bring this up?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #2174
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/mac-d...-police-racism

A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing, Mac Donald writes; rather, crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions. Mac Donald writes:

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

Mac Donald also highlights studies by both the Justice Department under President Obama and the finding of an African-American Harvard economist:

A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr. also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behavior before and during interactions with police.

Researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found similar results. “We find no evidence of anti-Black or anti-Hispanic disparities across shootings, and White officers are not more likely to shoot minority civilians than non-White officers,” the report found. “Instead, race-specific crime strongly predicts civilian race. This suggests that increasing diversity among officers by itself is unlikely to reduce racial disparity in police shootings.”

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #2175
MTK
\m/

Minneapolis Police Use Force Against Black People at 7 Times the Rate of Whites